Non-Arrowverse DC TV Show Timelines

Thanks!
I think I will go with two different timelines:
1) Comics/Video game/TV series
2) Movie/Video gale/Documentary
If you wanted, you could even say the film universe is a quantum universe created through alternate choices, one that Doctor Manhattan erased when he united the timelines into the proper one in Before Watchmen: Dr. Manhattan #4.
Yeah, that's a very strange comic.

Note: as I go through Doomsday Clock, I'm seeing cracks in continuity with the series. Ozymandias has cancer, though pahaps Dr. Manhattan fixed that or he's faking it, and...
...the world knows about his fake alien invasion via a giant monsterous squid, dispite https://www.hbo.com/peteypedia, which has an article that incorrectly assumes Ozymandias is decreased with no mention of his attack, even claiming Rorschach's journal is simply rumours for conspiracy theorists to eat up

Of cause, if the rumoured Marionette appearence is true, none of this matters, since that's a tie to that series.

I'll keep reading to see if theres more or it smooths itself out.
For now:
Before Watchmen: Minutemen 1 of Six, The Minute of Truth "Chapter One: Eight Minutes"
Before Watchmen: Minutemen 2 of Six, "Chapter Two: Golden Years"
Before Watchmen: Minutemen 3 of Six, "Chapter Three: Child's Play"
Before Watchmen: Minutemen 4 of Six, "Chapter Four: War Stories"
Before Watchmen: Dollar Bill 1 One Shot, "I Want To Be In Pictures"
Before Watchmen: Minutemen 5 of Six, "Chapter Five: The Demon Core"
Before Watchmen: Minutemen 6 of Six, "Chapter Six: The Last Minute"
Before Watchmen: Oxymandias 1 of Six, "I Met A Traveller...!"
Before Watchmen: Oxymandias 2 of Six, "The Hand That Mocked Them...!"
Before Watchmen: Oxymandias 3 of Six, "The Heart That Fed...!"
Before Watchmen: Comedian 1 of Six, "Smile"
Before Watchmen: Comedian 2 of Six, "I Get Around"
Before Watchmen: Comedian 3 of Six, "Play With Fire"
Before Watchmen: Silk Spectre 1 of Four, "Mean Goodbye"
Before Watchmen: Silk Spectre 2 of Four, "Getting Into the World"
Before Watchmen: Silk Spectre 3 of Four, "No Illusion"
Before Watchmen: Silk Spectre 4 of Four, "The End of the Rainbow"
Before Watchmen: Oxymandias 4 of Six, "Shattered Visage...!"
Before Watchmen: Nite Owl 1 of Four, "No Such Thing as a Free Lunch"
Before Watchmen: Nite Owl 2 of Four, "Some Things Are Just Inevitable"
Before Watchmen: Nite Owl 3 of Four, "Thanks For Coming"
Before Watchmen: Nite Owl 4 of Four, "From One Nite Owl to Another"
Before Watchmen: Comedian 4 of Six, "Conquistador"
Before Watchmen: Comedian 5 of Six, "Kicks"

Before Watchmen: Comedian 6 of Six, "Eighties"
Watchmen: The End is Nigh: Part 1
Before Watchmen: Rorschach
1 of Four, "Damntown"
Before Watchmen: Rorschach 2 of Four
Before Watchmen: Rorschach 3 of Four

Before Watchmen: Rorschach 4 of Four
Watchmen: The End is Nigh: Part 2
Before Watchmen: Oxymandias
5 of Six, "These Lifeless Things...!"
Before Watchmen: Moloch 1 of Two, "Forgive Me, Father, For I Have Sinned"
Under The Hood
Before Watchmen: Oxymandias
6 of Six, "Nothing Beside Remains"
Watchmen No. 1 of 12, "Chapter I: Midnight, All the Agents..."
Watchmen No. 2 of 12, "Chapter II: Absent Friends"
Watchmen No. 3 of 12, "Chapter III: Judge of All the Earth"
Watchmen No. 4 of 12, "Chapter IV: Watchmaker"
Before Watchmen: Dr. Manhattan 1 of Four, "What's in the Box?"
Before Watchmen: Dr. Manhattan 2 of Four, "One-Fifteen P.M."
Before Watchmen: Dr. Manhattan 3 of Four, "Ego Sum"
Before Watchmen: Dr. Manhattan 4 of Four, "Changes in Perspective"
Watchmen No. 5 of 12, "Chapter V: Fearful Symmetry"
Before Watchmen: Moloch 2 of Two, "The Eleven-Thirty Absolution"
Watchmen No. 6 of 12, "Chapter VI: The Abyss Gazes Also"
Watchmen No 7 of 12, "Chapter VII: A Brother to Dragons"
Watchmen No. 8 of 12, "Chapter VIII: Old Ghosts"
Watchmen No. 9 of 12, "Chapter IX: The Darkness of Mere Being"
Watchmen No. 10 of 12, "Chapter X: Two Riders Were Approaching..."
Watchmen No. 11 of 12, "Chapter XI: Look on My Works, Ye Mighty..."
Watchmen No. 12 of 12, "Chapter XII: A Stronger Loving World"

Doomsday Clock No. 1 of 12, "That Annihilated Place"
Doomsday Clock No. 2 of 12, "Places We Have Never Known"
Doomsday Clock No. 3 of 12, "Not Victory Nor Defeat"
Doomsday Clock No. 4 of 12, "Walk on Water"
Doomsday Clock No. 5 of 12, "There is No God"
Doomsday Clock No. 6 of 12, "Truly Laugh"
Doomsday Clock No. 7 of 12, "Blind Spot"
Doomsday Clock No. 8 of 12, "Save Humanity"
Doomsday Clock No. 9 of 12, "Crisis"
Doomsday Clock No. 10 of 12, "Action"
Doomsday Clock No. 11 of 12, "A Lifelong Mistake"

Doomsday Clock No. 12 of 12, ""
Watchmen 1x01, "It's Summer and We're Running Out of Ice"
Watchmen 1x02, "Martial Feats of Comanche Horsemanship"
Watchmen 1x03, "The Was Killed by Space Junk"
Watchmen 1x04, "If You Don't Like My Story, Write Your Own"
Watchmen 1x05, "Little Fear of Lightning"
Watchmen 1x06, "This Extraordinary Being"
Watchmen 1x07, "An Almost Religious Awe"
Watchmen 1x08, "A God Walks into a Bar"
Watchmen 1x09, "See How They Fly"

Still worth reading it anyway, I suppose. The Watchmen wiki thinks it works, so it probably does.

Edit: Nevermind, I guess Ozymandias
could have been cleared of charges, now that I think of it. They weren't certain, pahaps just wanted to question him
. Still canon.

Last edited:
I should also mention that, if I remember correctly, David Goyer mentioned in an interview that Krypton took place around the Civil War American Revolution era in history (the 1770s or late-1700s basically).

Last edited:
It's clear to me that Gotham is firmly set in the 80s the same way Pennyworth is set definitely in the 60s. Even based on the Pennyworth showrunners' claim about it being "20-something years before Gotham" and lines like "Thursday, February 21st" (which exists in 1985) in the episode "Mr Freeze".

V8 Mustang and flip phones are probably advanced WayneTech for the 80s. Even the Batwoman show said WayneTech is way ahead of it's time IIRC. Bruce Wayne is basically Jeff Bezos in terms of wealth.

It's clear to me that Gotham is firmly set in the 80s the same way Pennyworth is set definitely in the 60s. Even based on the Pennyworth showrunners' claim about it being "20-something years before Gotham" and lines like "Thursday, February 21st" (which exists in 1985) in the episode "Mr Freeze".

V8 Mustang and flip phones are probably advanced WayneTech for the 80s. Even the Batwoman show said WayneTech is way ahead of it's time IIRC. Bruce Wayne is basically the Jeff Bezos of this world.
Gotham is always in a weird state. In Batman (1989) It's as if the 1940s lived until 1989. I don't think that the cars or phones are an issue. If it were anywhere else, it'd be more conclusive, but with Gotham, a place in an odd time bubble where things always seem both old and futuristic, it's more difficult to say. 1980s is probably right.

Oxymandias having cancer isn't a problem once you read #7 of Doomsday Clock, Dok95. Still canon.

Oxymandias having cancer isn't a problem once you read #7 of Doomsday Clock, Dok95. Still canon.
Okay okay.
And in the simplified order, where are the Rebirth comics + The Button?
And are you sure that all of Doomsday Clock take place in 2017 for DC Universe? I think I saw "2019" once...?

Okay okay.
And in the simplified order, where are the Rebirth comics + The Button?
And are you sure that all of Doomsday Clock take place in 2017 for DC Universe? I think I saw "2019" once...?
You might be right on that.

I feel like you can read Doomsday Clock without Rebirth and The Button, but that's just me. I guess I already knew about Dr. Manhattan creating the New 52, so I'm biased in that sense.

Oh my God. This is a time to be alive.

Since it's Greg Berlanti, I wonder about ties to the Titansverse or Arrowverse. Perhaps David Ramsey can appear as John Stewart. Yeah, most likely standalone, it would be on CW if that were true, which is still absolutely fine to me.

Last edited:
Time to remove Green Lantern Corps from the DCEU timeline.

EDIT: Never mind it was already removed lol.

I wonder if Green Lantern could tie in to Stargirl with Alan Scott? If Doom Patrol is going to HBO as well as DC Universe, it's possible HBO and DC Universe are somewhat tied together.

There's a weird time jump in the most recent episode of Titans. It's now two months later, yet there's a subtitle says it's "Day 1"?

Though that could be just Day 1 of Gar's "Operation: Save Titans" and he's been moping for two months.

Even Starfire and Faddei don't acknowledge the amount of time that past, but I can assume they had a couple months to bond and were on the road most of the time chit-chatting.

Updated the Black Lightning timeline finally. Actually had to break down the days of each month based on Church days (any scene with Reverend Holt in a crowded church) on my own personal timeline for understand how much time has passed. The show is extremely unclear of how many months pass, except for one instance that said 5 weeks pass in "Book of Secrets: Part 3", so I had to get really detailed to understand this. :(

I'll give the reasons for Krypton's timeline within the next week. I'm super busy right now with trying to catch up with the CW/Arrowverse timeline before Crisis.
But I need extra time to elaborate on why I chose those specific dates.

Last edited:
After thinking about it some more: Since the newspaper in "Hank and Dawn" was blurred, possibly intentionally to hide a timeline-related error, I moved the flashbacks in the episode to late-December 2013.

2014 is off the table for when Donny and Dawn's mom get hit by the truck. "Thursday" and "December" are the only clear parts of the newspaper, so I'll fit on the 19th of December, 2013 (a Thursday).
Dawn says it's "Christmas" in the very same scene.

Before. You could watch between Before Watchmen: Moloch #1 and Before Watchmen: Oxymandias #6 if you want to fit it in the comic continuity, which you technically could, though it's canonicity is debatable. Probably not canon.
Can you give me the year that this in-universe documentary is released in the timeline Watchmen Movie Universe please?

It's at least after 1975, but precisely which year? (Or approximately?)

Last edited:
Can you give me the year that this in-universe documentary is released in the timeline Watchmen Movie Universe please?

It's at least after 1975, but precisely which year? (Or approximately?)
Eh, 1985 I think.

Just a heads up. I have no Wi-Fi. I'm at a place where there is some, but I don't know when I'll get it back at home....

Latest posts

Back