Non-Arrowverse DC TV Show Timelines

Finally picked up the blu-ray copies of Titans S1, Doom Patrol S1, and Swamp Thing: The Complete Series, so I'm taking a little break from the Arrow shows in order to finally get caught up on these before I get Titans S2 when it releases next week. I'm up to Episode 9 of Titans, and feel like the events after Hank and Dawn
lose their loved ones is a little too squished together. I feel like the first scene with Dawn arriving at the Church (and everything after) should be in January 2014. Not only is there a mention of the holidays being over, but I feel like these meetings aren't happening so shortly after the accident.
If this contradicts anything in S2, just let me know.
It doesn't conflict with anything so I'll adjust.

But to be honest, while the day and year are obscured on the newspaper Don and Hank were reading in the flashback, it clearly still said December so I'll bump it up a week.

It doesn't conflict with anything so I'll adjust.

But to be honest, while the day and year are obscured on the newspaper Don and Hank were reading in the flashback, it clearly still said December so I'll bump it up a week.
I'm still saying that it happened in December 2013. Just that the aftermath scenes happened in January 2014.

Oh my God, I hate it when the coding adds funky extra sh*ite to the HTML that I didn't even put there...

It bolds text I don't need bolded, shrinks larger text, adds unnecessary text, what's up with that?

Alright. It's adjusted now.
The original placement for the accident was fine. I was just suggesting having there be a little more of a space between the accident and the next scene with Dawn at the church. I feel like having a support group only a few days after the event is a little close. Something like
December 19th- Accident
January 5th- Dawn remeets Hank after the meeting. This is also when we're told that there aren't any more holidays coming up for a while (guy's probably excluding stuff like Martin Luther King Day, Valentine's Day, Presidents Day, etc).
January 12th- The meeting held on the following Sunday, Hank and Dawn have a beer
January 13th- Hank and Dawn hang out, she finds out he is Hawk.
Sorry, for making problems, I just felt this made sense with the after Holiday dialogue.

Last edited:
The original placement for the accident was fine. I was just suggesting having there be a little more of a space between the accident and the next scene with Dawn at the church. I feel like having a support group only a few days after the event is a little close. Something like
December 19th- Accident
January 5th- Dawn meets Hank after the meeting. This is also when we're told that there aren't any more holidays coming up for a while (guy's probably excluding stuff like Martin Luther King Day, Valentine's Day, Presidents Day, etc).
January 12th- The meeting held on the following Sunday, Hank and Dawn have a beer
January 13th- Hank and Dawn hang out, she finds out he is Hawk.
Sorry, for making problems, I just felt this made sense with the after Holiday dialogue.
No you're fine, I'm just in some funky headspace lately. :)

I'll fix it.

I'm up to Episode 3 of Doom Patrol and noticed that while it's currently placed as being over one day, we see the team start traveling to Paraguay which Victor says takes two weeks. Sure they end up somewhere "not even close to Paraguay" but there has to have been some time passage. Am I missing something?

EDIT: Also Episode 4 starts off 17 Years Ago but is placed in 2003 rather than 2002.

Last edited:
I'm up to Episode 3 of Doom Patrol and noticed that while it's currently placed as being over one day, we see the team start traveling to Paraguay which Victor says takes two weeks. Sure they end up somewhere "not even close to Paraguay" but there has to have been some time passage. Am I missing something?

If that were the case, every episode after that would have an ambiguous timeline placement (October? November?) For the sake of consistency, I'm going with the idea that it's never going dark outside in the background thus it's the same day.

If that were the case, every episode after that would have an ambiguous timeline placement (October? November?) For the sake of consistency, I'm going with the idea that it's never going dark outside in the background thus it's the same day.
But it does get dark. We see them leave during the day while still traveling at night and then cut to "somewhere not even close to Parguay" where it's day again. They find the motel where it's once again night and the rest of the episode takes place the next day. At the very least, I would consider making the episodes take place over three days rather than the one. Any way you look at it, it's not just one day.

But it does get dark. We see them leave during the day while still traveling at night and then cut to "somewhere not even close to Parguay" where it's day again. They find the motel where it's once again night and the rest of the episode takes place the next day. At the very least, I would consider making the episodes take place over three days rather than the one. Any way you look at it, it's not just one day.
Ah okay, I was going off of memory. I'll adjust.

Ohhhh I see where I messed up. I forgot to add timestamps when I first saw the episode last year.

Ohhhh I see where I messed up. I forgot to add timestamps when I first saw the episode last year.
I figured something like that must have happened. It just confused me a little when it was obvious some time had passed yet everything was happening the same day. Just a heads up to adjust the flashbacks in Episode 4 to October 17th as well.

Just finished Episode 5. The final scene with Jane asking who the Doom Patrol is should be on the 19th. She's even wearing the same clothes she's wearing in Episode 6.

I'm currently on Titans 2x05 and noticed that it seems to pick up very shortly after 2x03 (2x04 is the Aqualad flashback). However, the timeline currently has it being a month later. I know there's an April date in Doom Patrol for Conner's escape but given there isn't much attention placed on it and it's a different Earth, I think it could be ignored. Unless there's something later on in Titans that places it there. No matter what though a month jump between 2x03 and 2x05 is illogical. Not only would it mean Gar waited a month to mention Jason being gone, but the team would have gone that whole time not noticing that he was gone. Donna also mentions that Jason might have told them about Dr. Light if they had given him the chance yesterday. With the show saying it's 3 months after the Trigon stuff, I'm sticking with it still being March.

I'm currently on Titans 2x05 and noticed that it seems to pick up very shortly after 2x03 (2x04 is the Aqualad flashback). However, the timeline currently has it being a month later. I know there's an April date in Doom Patrol for Conner's escape but given there isn't much attention placed on it and it's a different Earth, I think it could be ignored. Unless there's something later on in Titans that places it there. No matter what though a month jump between 2x03 and 2x05 is illogical. Not only would it mean Gar waited a month to mention Jason being gone, but the team would have gone that whole time not noticing that he was gone. Donna also mentions that Jason might have told them about Dr. Light if they had given him the chance yesterday. With the show saying it's 3 months after the Trigon stuff, I'm sticking with it still being March.
I don't have DCU anymore right now. I'll have to watch it on my Bluray copy later on to check the timestamps.

I don't have DCU anymore right now. I'll have to watch it on my Bluray copy later on to check the timestamps.
I didn't even get DCU and figured I'd catch up on the shows once they were released to blu-ray (which I'm doing now). I'm hoping DC Universe is folded into HBO Max as I'll have it.

So I've studied calendar dates for the 80s-90s time period and Googled some Gotham episode transcripts that mentioned the days of the week ("Sunday", "Monday", etc.).

When I got to the Mr Freeze episode, which is set during the second year, I realized that some of the days of the week (along with given months + the definite "Friday the 27th" later in that second year) were incapable with ANY possible year in the 80s-90s timeframe.

Some examples:
During "Year 1", around the mayoral election around the beginning of Season 2, the female mayor candidate has a flyer that reads "Tuesday, November 8th" - making that match with the year 1988.

I'm just gonna chalk up the "The day is Thursday, February 21st 2:44 pm" line as Victor Fries making the common mistake confusing a Tuesday for a Thursday. Because if it was Tuesday, well that makes it fit more in line with 1987-1992; with 1989 being Gotham's second year in the timeline with a "Tuesday, February 21st".

Plus, in "Nothing's Shocking", the date on Victoria (Mabel?) Cartwright's GCPD file gives another definite clue to the time period: 1972 - with Bullock saying that was "20 years ago". Not 15, but very close to 20 years.
Doing the math for how much time has passed since Year 0 (the year which Thomas and Martha were shot), the year for "Nothing's Shocking" is Year 4 - which is 1991.
19 years, 20 years, close enough. You don't confuse a Wednesday for a Thursday often lol.

EDIT: Reminding ya'll once again, EP Danny Cannon said last year that Pennyworth is set "20-something years" before Gotham at a convention. I'm still taking that for gospel unless stated otherwise.

Also, every time Bruce is attending an "annual ball/galla" for Wayne Enterprises (which happens 3 times in Gotham); I've narrowed it down to every September 30th - based on a bunch of different factors including methods I've mentioned in the previous post.

Updated with Stargirl's pilot episode.

Also missed a slight "time jump" in the pilot episode of Doom Patrol. Chief said he'd be gone for a few days, and the next scene implies that it's been at least a couple days to where the Doom Patrol realized they were all by themselves and could do whatever.

Watching the second episode of Stargirl. Apparently there is Saturday school for Blue Valley High because there can't be a few day time jump.

Kinda like Shazam's weird school schedule during early December 2018, I'll just chalk it up to school schedules being different in the DC Universe.

Latest posts

Back