Non-Arrowverse DC TV Show Timelines

"The TV show meant so much to me," King said when asked about Rorschach's continuity. "I don't reference it, or make it in the world, but I make it so nothing contradicts with the TV show. So if you've seen the TV show, you can imagine that this is happening a little bit afterwards."

It seems to be more in-continuity with the show than Doomsday Clock, but not necessarily the same canon.

Alternately, it could be an alternative 3rd timeline, which would be irritating but not impossible.

Last edited:
What to make of this?
"The TV show meant so much to me," King said when asked about Rorschach's continuity. "I don't reference it, or make it in the world, but I make it so nothing contradicts with the TV show. So if you've seen the TV show, you can imagine that this is happening a little bit afterwards."

No.

No.
Yeah, but I wonder what he'd say on Doomsday Clock.

Basically if it's not promoted as a tie-in for the show, it's not a part of the live-action multiverse.

Basically if it's not promoted as a tie-in for the show, it's not a part of the live-action multiverse.
Personally, I don't consider things apart of the official multiverse until a crossover occurs. They probably are, but it's best to wait and see.

The (unofficial) wiki timeline for Watchmen decides to count the television series over the Doomsday Clock event. Strikes me as a bit odd to not treat both as separate potential continuations.

All we really know is that the HBO show, like the Arrowverse, is fictional on Earth-666.

I wonder if they wrote Crisis on Infinite Earths while it was happening outside their window in that reality.

24 minutes into the first episode of Gotham, Oswald looks at a newspaper stating "Wayne Funeral Sunday", which occurs the next minute. Sunday is June 14th, 1987. The fact that it says Sunday and not today or tomorrow in the newspaper suggests that the Olward scene was a couple days before.

24 minutes into the first episode of Gotham, Oswald looks at a newspaper stating "Wayne Funeral Sunday", which occurs the next minute. Sunday is June 14th, 1987. The fact that it says Sunday and not today or tomorrow in the newspaper suggests that the Olward scene was a couple days before.
Okay, thanks.

So in the scene where Jim talks to Mario Pepper in the Pilot, Jim says in relation to the Wayne Murders "Where were you last Saturday night, around 9:30 PM?"

So the murders occurred on June 6th, 1987...

Also, rewatched Pinewood, Thomas Wayne's calendar doesn't add up, unless he accidentally added February 29th into 1987 as a leap year...but then it wasn't the week of his murder as Bruce pointed out. (Yeah nitpicking meaningless details, but maybe Bruce was mainly using the inaccurate calendar as reference for his point about searching for Karen Jennings.)
GothamCalendar.png

So it seems we really are getting a JLD/Vertigo Universe, just for confirmation.
Mega producer J.J. Abrams has pitched a tent in the Justice League Dark territory of the DC Universe, working on supernatural shows featuring Constantine and Zatanna, among others.

Best hope they don't reboot Swamp Thing.

gothamcity_by_thelemsterpju_ddc3cbl-pre.png
These are establishing shots. The city in both seems different enough to distinguish them as being different Earths. Not to mention all the contradictions that would come from trying to place Gotham in the Arrowverse. I just don't see the point.

Jerimiah is officially recognized as the Joker by WB. It was obvious in the show, he literally listed names beginning with j, but now it can be called official.
23:19

Last edited:
Gotham S5 Ace Chemicals puts the Wanyne murder on June 27th.

That seems oddly soon considering what was said during DC Fandome...
Nope. The newspaper reported the murders on the 27th.
Newspapers could have talked about it for weeks.

Putting it on that date would conflict with Bruce's calendar line in "Pinewood".

Bruno Heller basically says "I can't tell you for sure" about Pennyworth's connection to Gotham.
NDAs?

Now that Lucius has been cast:
MV5BYzE4NmU1ODEtODgzNC00YzUwLWI0NGMtNDI1ZjQxMDhhZWE1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjUxMjc1OTM@._V1_.jpg
489716806-foxs-gotham-season-two.jpg
I guess approximately 25 (Pennyworth), 45-50 (Gotham), 60 (Gotham Finale)?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back