Rick Remender welcomes you to The Comic Board

E

Excelsior Club
[video=youtube_share;g0BunUuvCpk]http://youtu.be/g0BunUuvCpk[/video]​

Uncanny Avengers, Uncanny X-Force, and Captain America writer Rick Remender welcomes you to The Comic Board.

Friday

You should get all kinds of creators to do these. Lie why didn't you get that Talon guy to do one?

E

Excelsior Club
You should get all kinds of creators to do these. Lie why didn't you get that Talon guy to do one?
I did. This is just the first one to be posted.

E

Excelsior Club
Sweet. How difficult would it be to get a random one on the front page? Because that's be pretty sweet.
I was going to post them at different times, but yes, I will be switching them up. I think Rick Remender was the biggest name I got so I wanted to start with him. I can't make them random but I will switch them around once I have them all up.

DIrishB

The Timeline Guy
You are all just obstacles on my path to Nirvana.
You should change the name of the site to Name-Dropper-Central. ;)

And also hopefully get such illustrious comic stars as Rob Liefeld, Greg Land, Orson Scott Card, and Jeph Loeb to do one of these Welcome messages. For symmetry.

But just remember not to take it too far...after all, James Van Der Beek still has that restraining order against Watcher.

the watcher

But just remember not to take it too far...after all, James Van Der Beek still has that restraining order against Watcher.
No, no, no. Joshua Jackson is the one that has the restraining order against me. Other wise it'd be just awkward if James found me outside his bedroom window right now.

DIrishB

The Timeline Guy
You are all just obstacles on my path to Nirvana.
No, no, no. Joshua Jackson is the one that has the restraining order against me. Other wise it'd be just awkward if James found me outside his bedroom window right now.
Sorry, I always confuse them with Mario Lopez.

Mighty Ducks Reference.
Emilio Estevez is crying in his garage right now while continuously rewatching Men at Work and desperately trying to synthesize his own Tiger's Blood.

Last edited:

E

Excelsior Club
Guys - stop derailing my thread with your crap. I got a big comic name to welcome you guys to the site. Respect the thread.

E

Excelsior Club
I'm going to go thank him on Twitter.
I should too. Good idea.

He was very gracious. He did about 4 "takes" because at first he thought it was a podcast (makes sense since I was recording video).

When I first asked him to do it he kind of jokingly groaned and said, "Oh. The Internet." But I told him he was pretty universally loved here and he was cool with it.

It probably helped that I was only about the 10th person in line for him so he wasn't too panel weary, even though the person in front of me had what looked like his entire Uncanny X-Force run for him to sign (which he did with no complaints).

I mentioned that I got about 5 of these - this was the one I was most excited about because he's probably the biggest name of the 5 and because I really, really love Uncanny Avengers.

Zombipanda

My Boom-Boom's mostly gay
I should too. Good idea.

He was very gracious. He did about 4 "takes" because at first he thought it was a podcast (makes sense since I was recording video).

When I first asked him to do it he kind of jokingly groaned and said, "Oh. The Internet." But I told him he was pretty universally loved here and he was cool with it.

It probably helped that I was only about the 10th person in line for him so he wasn't too panel weary, even though the person in front of me had what looked like his entire Uncanny X-Force run for him to sign (which he did with no complaints).

I mentioned that I got about 5 of these - this was the one I was most excited about because he's probably the biggest name of the 5 and because I really, really love Uncanny Avengers.
It's no Uncanny X-Force, but it's definitely solid.

:D I'm loving his Captain America, personally.

E

Excelsior Club
It's no Uncanny X-Force, but it's definitely solid.
I liked Uncanny X-Force despite the fact that it used characters I don't really care anything about, whereas I really like the characters in Uncanny Avengers.

Latest posts