Sonic the Hedgehog Timeline (Outdated)

Jozaca

Moved here

Last edited:
This is going to take a while, but I am going to leave this here and complete it when I have time

Sonic the Hedgehog Videogame Timeline (WIP)
Sonic the Hedgehog
Sonic the Hedgehog CD (Features time travel)
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Sonic Generations (From the point of view of Classic Sonic) (Features time travel)
Sonic the Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles
Sonic Mania
Sonic Forces (From the point of view of Classic Sonic)
Sonic Mania Adventures
Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode I
Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode Metal
Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode II
Sonic Advance
Sonic Advance 2
Sonic Adventure / Sonic Adventure DX
Sonic Shuffle (Dream world that could be the same from NiGHTS into Dreams)
Sonic Adventure 2 / Sonic Adventure 2: Battle
Sonic Heroes
Shadow the Hedgehog
Sonic Battle
Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) (Features time travel)
Sonic Rush (Sonic world and Blaze world)
Sonic Rush Adventure (Sonic world and Blaze world)
Sonic Rivals (Features time travel)
Sonic Rivals 2 (Features time travel) (Features travel to Ifrit Dimension)
Sonic Unleashed
Sonic and the Secret Rings (Features travel to another Dimension)
Sonic and the Black Night (Features travel to another Dimension)
Sonic Colours / Sonic Colours Ultimate / Sonic Colours (DS)
Sonic Generations (From the point of view of Modern Sonic) (Features time travel)
Sonic Lost World
Sonic Forces (From the point of view of Modern Sonic)

Sonic the Hedgehog (IDW) (Features time travel)
Sonic Frontiers
Ok from what I see:
1) It misses the 2 spin-offs about Tales.
2) Classic Sonic from Forces Is actually from another universe, infact mania's ending explains how the Cristal and Classic Sonic arrives in the main universe; Classic Sonic from generations Is instead main universe Sonic but yunger.
3) the Sonic idw comics are the tiè-in ti Forces or the new comic run After archie sonic ended?

1) I am going to add spin-offs later
2) That is so confusing. Tails said that in Forces but the wiki links to the actual writer of the series saying that Sega has changed their mind and have decided that classic and modern Sonic worlds are just 2 eras of the same world, so, if I have time later I would read the article and share it here.
3) The Forces toe-in and the new comic run are the same comic. Well, there is a comic prequel that maybe is the tie-in that you said, but the new comic run that happens later ties in Sonic Forces, but it is a sequel instead of a prequel.
The new run Is a sequel but before that came out there were a prequel mini-series ti forces.

Here is the article that includes a link to a podcast by the writter of the comics and Sonic Frontiers:
And the podcast:

I have to admit that the wiki still diferentiates between classic and modern universes and between game and IDW universes, so, I don't know. But first I would put the games and later would make fixes to posible split timelines or whatever

Nice timelines. Out of curiosity, do you plan on including the following games in the timelines?
  • Sonic the Hedgehog Spinball
  • Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine (a spin-off to the Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog TV series, so likely tied to that timeline)
  • Knuckles' Chaotix (introduces the Chaotix [Vector the Crocodile, Espio the Charmeleon and Charmy Bee])
  • Sonic 3D Blast

Nice timelines. Out of curiosity, do you plan on including the following games in the timelines?
  • Sonic the Hedgehog Spinball
  • Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine (a spin-off to the Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog TV series, so likely tied to that timeline)
  • Knuckles' Chaotix (introduces the Chaotix [Vector the Crocodile, Espio the Charmeleon and Charmy Bee])
  • Sonic 3D Blast
Yes, but I am going to be adding them to the timeline once I have the time. I am actually wondering how I am going to add Knuckles Chaotix, since that game is a classic game that features Metal Sonic, but Sonic 4 episode Metal sugests that Metal Sonic is left for dead in Little Planet in the exact same spot that he was defeated in Sonic CD until the modern era, so he couldn't be in any classic Sonic game. So maybe there are different Metal Sonics? Or we can pretend that he was defeated in a second visit of Sonic to Little Planet. Or just pretend Sonic 4 is not canon

Back