Batman Anthology - Timeline (Outdated)

There's no date in Batman Forever or Batman & Robin that I recall.

They said Batman '89 is set in the mid-nineties. The '89 is a reference to the release date of the first film.
Oh ....I had not heard that they confirmed any timeline and I was confused by note about Richard's jacket being inspired by real world 80s or 90s clothes line

Danny DeVito is writing a story about Oswald Cobblepot in Gotham City Villains Anniversary Giant #1. I wonder if it will be related to the Burtonverse or not.

A variant cover of the Anthology comic uses his interpretation of the Penguin, though.GCV-Anniversary-Giant-Cv1-Penguin-Variant.jpg

Last edited:
Schumacher films are set in Earth-97
That Crisis Aftermath thing was just a joke about the years. In fact, they said Batnipples is canon as a result of Earth-89, thus claiming Earth-89 as the Earth of Schumacher. The DC YouTube channel backed this up in their review of Catwoman, which also reinforced that Catwoman is connected.

While it is true that The Flash movie will not reference the Schumacher films directly, a UK company that makes vehicles for film production posted a shot of some Batman & Robin symbols. When I made several comments speculating the nature of their use in The Flash, they only liked my comments that it would be in Michael Keaton's Batman Universe (Earth-89), not the ones speculating I would be for another Earth in the multiverse.

It is true that Batman '89 is not meant to mesh with the Schumacher series. We'll have to wait and see on that.

If anything, it would be Earth-95. The writer for Batman '89 was vague as well. Probably thought about how their comic doesn't relate to the Schumacher films.

So really, it's up to The Flash.

In the case that they are seperated:

Schumacher = Batman 1-4, Catwoman and the novel tie-ins

Burton = Batman 1-2, Batman '89, The Flash

I would just divide it into two timelines:
Earth-89 and Earth 97.
Yeah, I plan to do that if they do retcon it outright of course. Say, if Harvey dies in '89. I'm interested to see if The Flash actually reinforces the comic or Schumacher canons. Chris O'Donnell multiverse cameo in X Earth or something?

Earth-89
Batman
Batman Returns
Batman '89
Crisis on Infinite Earths
The Flash

Earth-97 (again, unofficial number really)
Batman
Batman Returns
Batman Forever
Batman & Robin
Catwoman
(+ other related Burtonverse media)

Superman Metropolis reference in Batman '89 #3. Joe posted a preview. Look at the newspaper.

"Reports of U.F.O.s over the skies in Metropolis"

Could be a Superman '78 reference to Brainiac? :oops:
FBM6L8RXMAYJmp5.jpeg

Updated.
Superman Metropolis reference in Batman '89 #3. Joe posted a preview. Look at the newspaper.

"Reports of U.F.O.s over the skies in Metropolis"

Could be a Superman '78 reference to Brainiac? :oops:
Nope.
Dream sequence. Probably for the best, less messy that way.

Latest posts

Back