Batman Anthology - Timeline (Outdated)

Either Batman '89 is actually set in the comic multiverse and is a variation of the '89 universe or the events of Dark Crisis are so impactful they actually affect closely related multiverse clusters.

I have never read a DC comics comic book about the multiverse. But I keep reading the articleof the multiverse in DC wiki from time to time and I am confused. Was the original Multiverse restored during Convergence, then it was restored after Doomsday Clock and now has been restored by Pariah? There is some explanation to that, am I missing something or are the writters forgotting that they have restored the multiverse in other occasions?

DC Comics continuity is a bit of a mess I think, mainly because of how they try and shift their timeline and multiverse. Doomsday Clock more so explained that every reboot of the timeline was Doctor Manhattan shifting events after the events of Watchmen (Even though Superman '38 was Earth-2 I'm pretty sure, but whatever I guess). Apparently the entire multiverse gets changed because the primary comic Earth being altered affects the entire multiverse... or something.

Doomsday Clock is definitely canon, but it's a bit of an anomaly because the solo series ignored it. So, Alfred is killed by Bane, but we know he must come back to life because he's in Doomsday Clock. I haven't been following all the major events though.

There's probably just serveral multiversal resets going on because DC loves to push out Crisis event after Crisis event. :p

Even though Superman '38 was Earth-2 I'm pretty sure, but whatever I guess)

I think Doomsday clock retconned the golden age as no longer being Earth-2. Basically golden age DC never really matched up with how Earth-2 was presented in the comics, as writers in the Bronze age would really empathsize the differences (for example, Two-Face was referred to as Harvey Kent once in the golden age, so it was decided that on Earth-one he was Harvey Dent and on Earth-Two is Harvey Kent and of course he is Clark Kent's cousin or something...). Not to mention that superman/batman/wonder womans never stopped, they continued throughout with no indication that they ever "switched earths"

So basically the whole "golden age is Earth-Two" was one of those things that mostly made sense until you looked at the details and realized it didn't really match up.

So Doomsday clock went all meta and basically said that Earth two and earth one were the same world, however the creation of Barry Allens Flash was so earth-shattering that it rebooted the timeline to make so the superhero age begun in the fifties. It also created an "archived" version of the golden age DC universe that has some slight differences and ages in real-time, which is known as Earth-Two. Apparently every time the timeline is rebooted an "archived" version of the world is created, thats how the post-crisis superman was able to return after the New-52 reboot, and apparently there is an unseen "Earth-1985" out there which is an archived version of the Silver/Bronze age of DC comics.

As for the multiverse being restored multiple times... Overall the continuity of the DC universe has become incredibly convoluted, with "Crisis" events now happening every couple of years or so. I kinda jumped off reading DC comics with "Convergence" but I have been getting back into reading some of the older stuff lately.

Batman '89 #6, "Shadows: Chapter Six"
Dark Crisis: Big Bang #1

Supergirl 5x09, "Crisis on Infinite Earths: Part 1"
The Flash** (November 4, 2022)
Mmmm... Something tells me that the "November 4, 2022" date is no longer the release date...

Earth-89 - Batman I-IV, Catwoman, The Flash
Earth-96 - Superman I-IV, Supergirl, Superman Returns
Earth-789 - Superman I-IV, Supergirl, Batman I-II
Schumacher films could be separate from Earth-89 depending on The Flash

No point in having seperate threads anymore.

Earth-89 - Batman I-IV, Catwoman, The Flash
Earth-96 - Superman I-IV, Supergirl, Superman Returns
Earth-789 - Superman I-IV, Supergirl, Batman I-II
Schumacher films could be separate from Earth-89 depending on The Flash

No point in having seperate threads anymore.
One of those (last one) is in the comic multiverse just wanna point out. ;)

I'm pretty positive we're getting a crossover comic between them, so definitely worth detailing that timeline. Based on that actually, would it be worth doing this?

Batman (1966-1968)/Wonder Woman (1975-1979) - Timeline
Earth-66 - Batman, The Green Hornet, Legends of the Superheroes
Earth-76 - Wonder Woman
Earth-66 - Batman, The Green Hornet, Wonder Woman, Legends of the Superheroes (Comics Multiverse)

I'm pretty positive we're getting a crossover comic between them, so definitely worth detailing that timeline. Based on that actually, would it be worth doing this?

Batman (1966-1968)/Wonder Woman (1975-1979) - Timeline
Earth-66 - Batman, The Green Hornet, Legends of the Superheroes
Earth-76 - Wonder Woman
Earth-66 - Batman, The Green Hornet, Wonder Woman, Legends of the Superheroes (Comics Multiverse)
???
What makes you think I'm this case that there is a separate Earth-66 for the Live Action and comic multiverse?

One question, there is any link between the Live Actions Multiverse and the animated one?

Well, there is an animated universe and animated media in the live-action multiverse, the same way there's comic book tie-ins.

But there is not Earth 66 version from the 2 animated Earth 66 movies or anything like that in the Teen Titans Go vs Teen Titans scene with the variants from other animated universes? I found it weird since apparently every other animated universe appears.
Note: I haven't actually seen the movie, but I saw that it has cameos of DCAU Batman, The Batman (the 2003 animated series, not the Live action movie) Batman and Owlman from Crisis on Two Earths

But there is not Earth 66 version from the 2 animated Earth 66 movies or anything like that in the Teen Titans Go vs Teen Titans scene with the variants from other animated universes? I found it weird since apparently every other animated universe appears.
Note: I haven't actually seen the movie, but I saw that it has cameos of DCAU Batman, The Batman (the 2003 animated series, not the Live action movie) Batman and Owlman from Crisis on Two Earths
Honestly? I'd rather count that as the same multiverse as live-action than a separate multiverse. Earth-F is an animated universe in the live-action multiverse for example. I think in general we decided to ignore that, as we did with Brave and the Bold's Batman '66 and '89 cameos.

Yes, I know why you are considering that Earth-66, I was asking why you then are considering 2 Earth-66s instead of just one
Because if the general consensus is that Earth-789, which contains Superman '78 and Batman '89, is part of the comic multiverse only, then Earth-66, which contains the Batman '66 comics, would also be seperate.

IMG_2325-1.jpg
I currently have this scene occurring in 1994 with the assumption that the Joker is just alive, such as how he was in Crisis on Infinite Earths (would have been a nice tie-in but the general consensus is that this is an alternate Earth exclusive to the comic multiverse). Would it make more sense taking place during Batman (1989)? I don't think there's any frame that matches this in the movie.

View attachment 888
I currently have this scene occurring in 1994 with the assumption that the Joker is just alive, such as how he was in Crisis on Infinite Earths (would have been a nice tie-in but the general consensus is that this is an alternate Earth exclusive to the comic multiverse). Would it make more sense taking place during Batman (1989)? I don't think there's any frame that matches this in the movie.
They did haven't said anything about whatever or not The Joker and Penguin was still dead or alive and Superman 's own villains (except for Luthor) still alive or his own biological Kryptonian father and mother alive under Brainiac arc and do we even know Superman Returns and the Batman forever/Batman & Robin film is back in the Continuity or not. Do comics even matter now ?

Latest posts

Back