Swiper is pure evil

E

Excelsior Club
Have you guys ever seen Dora the Explorer? I have a three-year old and I basically spend most of my day with a one-year old, so I see it all the time.

There's this character on there called Swiper, who is a fox that basically likes to ruin Dora's day by stealing her stuff when she's trying to go on her adventures. If they see him sneaking up, they have to yell "Swiper, no swiping!" 3 times or else he takes something.

He's pure evil. He doesn't take the stuff and use it or sell it or anything, he just hides it to be a jerk.

For some reason, I was seeing my niece watching this and I couldn't help but compare it to, say, Squadron Supreme, where bad guys are into doing evil things for entirely self-fulfilling purposes. Nobody is evil just because they like to be evil. Everyone wants to rule the world or take over the universe or something.

Why don't comics have more villains who just like to be jerks?

E

Excelsior Club
Ultimate Houde said:
This is my future, isn't it?

If you have or plan on having any kids, yes.

Starting a philospophical discussion on the comparisons of Swiper the Fox and Doctor Doom...someone shoot me.

compound

UltimateE said:
For some reason, I was seeing my niece watching this and I couldn't help but compare it to, say, Squadron Supreme, where bad guys are into doing evil things for entirely self-fulfilling purposes. Nobody is evil just because they like to be evil. Everyone wants to rule the world or take over the universe or something.

Technically, Loki -- especially Ultimate Loki, from what we've seen -- is motivated by pure jerktitude. I mean, by defintion, he's the God fo Mischief, not Self-Centered Egomania. He's a chaos-bringer for the sake of it. I don't think he's got any universe- (or even world-)conquering ambitions, beyond making life hell for Thor.

And why isn't this thread in the Lounge?

Last edited:

Bass

Nexus of the World
UltimateE said:

Because all our villains have to be victims or crazy.

Because people are forgetting how to write them.

Because the heroes have been mined for 60 years, they don't know what new to do with them, so they explore the undefined villains by making them crap.

God, I hate Bendis.

Ultimate Houde

UC's Resident Genetic Recombinator
Well, let's compare the two.

First off there's Doom. He's mean, made of metal, has the ability to produce toxic gas, and shoot tiny metal needles topped with poison.

Then there's Swiper, a fox that steals for no reason, but can be scared away easily by saying Swiper no swiping.

Personally, the fox scares me more, I mean, imagine if I was a mute, I'd be ****ed.

Entropy

You make a good point E. I saw that Swiper guy one time and he spooked me pretty hard. They do need more villians like him. Hell, the only one who really fits this MO that jumps to mind is the Joker (though Compound makes some interesting points about Loki). Still, The Joker has no other motivation for doing what he's doing than to get a laugh out of it and mess with Batman. And when written properly he's one of the most terrifying villians in comics.

E

Excelsior Club
compound said:
Technically, Loki -- especially Ultimate Loki, from what we've seen -- is motivated by pure jerktitude. I mean, by defintion, he's the God fo Mischief, not Self-Centered Egomania. He's a chaos-bringer for the sake of it. I don't think he's got any universe- (or even world-)conquering ambitions, beyond making life hell for Thor.

Very true.

Hmm...I wonder if Swiper is a modern day interpretation of Loki?

moonmaster

Without him, all of you would be lost souls roamin
My cousin used to love this show, so I know Swiper. I also know that this is the most repetitious children's show I have ever seen. Whenever Dora has to take something out of her backpack, it sings a song that goes something like this:

"BACKPACK!
BACKPACK!
BACKPACK!
BACKPACK!
BACKPACK!
BACKPACK!
BACKPACK!
BACKPACK!
BACKPACK!
BACKPACK!
BACKPACK!
BACKPACK!
BACKPACK!
BACKPACK!
BACKPACK!
BACKPACK!"

It continues on like that for several minutes (and I'm not exaggerating). I'm sure E can attest to this.

And we need more villains like Swiper. *******s for the sake of being *******s.

Last edited:

iceman

Joker seems to be evil just for the F of it. Same with Sinestro, I guess.

E

Excelsior Club
Yeah...Moonie knows what I'm talking about.

And you're right - the backpack song is the worst.

iceman said:
Joker seems to be evil just for the F of it.

Not on the same level as Swiper.

slimjim

Swiper may be evil but that fox got nothing on the idiots on the WB who turned the looney toons into corny action heroes. When my cousin told me about the show Loonatics I nearly died. The idiot who came up with that idea is pure evil.

Edit: I dont think you guys get how evil and retarted this is. It's not even the loony toons. It's the loony toons great great great grand children who have x-men powers and its sooooo retarted. It is truly evil!!!!!!!!!! It's dumber then UIM!

More evil then Loeb Bendis Card and swiper combined!!!!

Last edited:

ProjectX2

Don't expect me to take you with me when I go to s
What are you talking about guys?

Swiper rocks. I hate Dora. Swiper should steal backpack and that damn monkey named 'Boots'.

I know too much about children's television.

Ultimate Quicksilver

Loki is not a jerk because he likes it. He is the god of Mischief, he has to do jerky things, it's why he was made in the first place...so Loki is not a jerk just for being a jerk, but he is a jerk because it his purpose in life...

Last edited:

Latest posts