UC Weekly Roundup

• Help support The Comic Board :

anonymous

Ultimate Central
Weekly Roundup
May 25, 2007

Howdy sirs and hello ma’ams, welcome to the premiere edition of the UC Weekly Roundup! If ya’ll just settle down a bit we’ll get you caught up on the week’s news and events around these parts. Yee-Haw!

Item! Congratulations to Dr.Strangefate, who was promoted to moderator on Sunday. To celebrate he’s since closed down every other thread he’s come across. Members, if you have any favorite threads post in them now before the Mad Mod strikes again!

Item! Beloved members Ninja4Peace and SSJMole have been banned! No news as to the reasons behind the bannings, but there’s been some speculation it has to do with making a wrong guess during a certain game on these boards. Someone’s not heeding the ancient proverb “Don’t hate the player, hate the game!”

Item! In other moderation news, anybody online in the wee hours of Monday morning (that’s American time, mate!) might have been surprised to see the main topic of conversation spearheaded by two young lads from the Land of Lincoln. Two threads about the topic were locked and much of the Off-Topic Thread 2: The Randoming was deleted. I don’t want to get into specifics, but suffice to say the ever-anal moderators did a bang-up job cleaning up the mess before the workday started.

Item! A recent phenomenon has swept the site over the last two days. In case you think one member’s been posting an awful lot lately (and no, we don’t mean Ice or Joe Kalicki), you better check the screen name again before you reply. The new movement of black and white Naruto avatars has confused more than a few posters and brought one to a boiling rage. Will the movement ever cease? Only time will tell.

Item! Another trend that has become popular lately is posting pictures of comic book writers with witty slogans. The main focus has been Ultimate Spider-Man writer Brian Michael Bendis, and these “lolbendis” pictures have been coming fast and furious from many site members. There were some contemplating posting the pictures on Mr. Bendis’ own site, but the motion was quickly shot down by possible closet Mighty Avengers fan, E. Methinks the Admin doth protest too much!

Item! Creator of the You Cannot Resist Teh LOLCATS! thread, Victor Von Doom, has recently been having issues with his dog as well. VVD, as he’s affectionately known, claims his dog, The Captain, is a racist! He says The Captain will bark all day at black and Hispanic people, yet treats white people with the same cool indifference usually reserved for ourchair towards any girl with a high school diploma.

Item! Which member recently revealed his belief that trees are secretly absorbing our solar power in an effort to stage a laser beam attack on all humans in the near future? Read The Social Thread: Spinning at 45 RPM to find out!

Item! Sad news on the convention circuit as both E and Baxter have declared definitively that they will not be attending Wizard World Philadelphia this June. There may be a light at the end of the tunnel this August, however, as both have declared interest in attending Wizard World Chicago. Other possibilities for the Chicago convention include Victor Von Doom, Joe Kalicki and Dr. Strangefate.

Item! On the creative front, Ultimate Houde has posted issue 55 of Ultimate Central: The Fanfic, and Random is looking for somebody who can record DIrishB’s lines in the Ultimate Central flash cartoon before May 30.

That’s all for this week! Anybody have any hot news items or gossip tips, just them along via PM and all the real juicy stuff will end up in next week’s edition! Bye now!

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
I already love this thread.

I'll take the newspaper to go. Here's 50 cents.

Friday

Did anyone else read this with the voice of a 40s radio newscaster? I mean all it needs is a "and to all the ships at sea" sign off.

Zombipanda

My Boom-Boom's mostly gay
:lol:

If you gots teh pigmentation of the skin...you gets teh bark
Don't worry, dude. The cat I had growing up was a racist. She used to sneak onto our neighbor's lawn, set up crosses, and light them on fire. She was a very smart cat.

The trick is to kill the animal. That way, it ceases being a racist.

Edit: Also, this is the greatest thread in the existence of threads....

P.S. Can we also get some LOLracistdog pictures, please?

Last edited:

Latest posts