Wet Hot American Summer - First Day of Camp (Netflix series)

DIrishB

The Timeline Guy
You are all just obstacles on my path to Nirvana.
Trailer

So excited for this. A Netflix prequel series to the classic comedy film... a prequel set before the original, but made 15 years later with the original cast (hence the "16-17 year old" line at the beginning).

This is worth watching alone for Paul Rudd's entrance. Stellar cast (most of which were in the original film), subversive as hell.

If you haven't seen the original film I highly recommend it (especially if you were ever a fan of The State--the show many of the cast members originated from), check this out.

It's here!

Can't wait to get home and start watching.

It's getting great reviews (9/10 stars on IMDB and 92% on RottenTomatoes)... which is weird since the original film had like a 30% rating... either the writing/humor vastly improved (which I doubt since the original was spot on humor from The State guys), or the collective sense of humor of the world has evolved enough where more people get the subversive/satirical humor more?

Either way, can't wait.

Really looking forward to watching this. Loved the movie back when I watched it many yes ago. Will probably watch it again before I dive in. Gotta finish Bojack Horseman season two first though.

Really looking forward to watching this. Loved the movie back when I watched it many yes ago. Will probably watch it again before I dive in. Gotta finish Bojack Horseman season two first though.

It was great. Me and my girlfriend watched all 8 episodes followed by the film last night.

The TV series definitely improves on what made the film a cult classic.

They play around a lot with the prequel aspect, and the characters looking so old (due to them being 40-year old actors/actresses playing 16 and 17 year olds), back stories, etc.

If you're a fan of the film you'll love the show.

I ended up watching all episodes last night and really liked it. You could tell that the cast was having a lot of fun. Chris Meloni as Gene is definitely my favorite character in the series. Paul Rudd had some pretty great lines too. I'd love to see more seasons, or movies based on the franchise.

I ended up watching all episodes last night and really liked it. You could tell that the cast was having a lot of fun. Chris Meloni as Gene is definitely my favorite character in the series. Paul Rudd had some pretty great lines too. I'd love to see more seasons, or movies based on the franchise.

I guess that depends on Wain and Showalter. Given the reviews for this, hopefully it becomes enough of a hit for Netflix to order more. We'll see.

Course, lining up all the scheduling for the various actors involved is likely problematic, much as it is for the Arrested Development cast.

Latest posts

Back