What kind of Green Lantern story would Jeph Loeb tell?

• Help support The Comic Board :

ProjectX2

Don't expect me to take you with me when I go to s
EQUALLY Hilarious!! :)

Tell you what - I'll draw some kid-cartoony art, we'll make 5 variant covers per issue, charge $3.99, then laugh and party all the way to the bank (located in the creative graveyard) :D:D
I like the way you think, Tim Sale.

Grocer Man

OK, first get as many gratuitous guest stars as possible, with only the vaguest semblance to the source material. For instance, Hal Jordan used to be the Spectre, right? So throw in one storyline with many, many heaven or magic related characters, from Zauriel to Detective Chimp.

Also, remember those hints at other DC characters, like Batman and Scarecrow, getting power rings? And how Geoff didn't let them have it, just said, "Yeah, if they weren't in an entire different section of the universe, this is where they'd go." Screw that! I want my Sinestro Corp Batman!

I'm just making this up off the top of my head.

Langsta

Green Lantern: Green.
hahaha
you beat me to it!

How about a Green Lantern/Sinestro Team up

I used to look up to him
He once looked up to me

Then he betrayed us.
Then I betrayed them.

I was his prize pupil
Even as a trainee he was an excellent lantern

But now...
But then...

I too fell.
Fear overtook him.

But if I was able to come back...
I bet he thinks he can turn me.

We're so similar
He and I aren't so different

Any yet so much alike
And yet, we are different
Adding Loeb to a thread title on this site is like giving anabolic steroids to a silverback gorilla.
I assume that he would be called Rantern. At least, he would by G'Nort, "Rook over rhere! Rit's the Red Rantern!" "Zoiks! Let's get outta here!" screamed Hal as he saw his franchise implode.
He'd probably make an origin story where Hal Jordan was a descendant of the Lupine race. Then he'd yell "Romulus!" at the end.

Was I the only one who bought that arc? Incidentally it was one of the last comics I bought. Loeb; What a *****.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sometimes .... I dunno, sometimes I feel bad for Loeb. I mean, he probably actually thinks the stuff he writes is good.

Last edited:

Captain Canuck

The poster formerly known as captaincanuck65
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sometimes .... I dunno, sometimes I feel bad for Loeb. I mean, he probably actually thinks the stuff he writes is good.
Did you know that he actually shares a writing studio with Geoff Johns and Allan Heinburg? The studio is called The Empath Magic Tree House. I'm sure he probably thinks he's every bit as good as them.

Jeph Loeb is the William Hung of Comics.

Zombipanda

My Boom-Boom's mostly gay
OK, first get as many gratuitous guest stars as possible, with only the vaguest semblance to the source material. For instance, Hal Jordan used to be the Spectre, right? So throw in one storyline with many, many heaven or magic related characters, from Zauriel to Detective Chimp.

Also, remember those hints at other DC characters, like Batman and Scarecrow, getting power rings? And how Geoff didn't let them have it, just said, "Yeah, if they weren't in an entire different section of the universe, this is where they'd go." Screw that! I want my Sinestro Corp Batman!

I'm just making this up off the top of my head.
Also, this post is now so. very. hilarious.

J. Agamemnon

Did you know that he actually shares a writing studio with Geoff Johns and Allan Heinburg? The studio is called The Empath Magic Tree House. I'm sure he probably thinks he's every bit as good as them.

Jeph Loeb is the William Hung of Comics.
What makes this even more hilarious is the fact he actually shares a writing studio with Johns and Heinburg. It makes you wonder if Loeb's greatest ideas are, in fact, Geoff Johns and Alan Heinburgs worst ideas. i imagine him rumaging through the little recepticle on the sides of their work tables, paper scattered across the floor and him reading their garbage(literally) ideas out loud then screaming, "Brilliant!" Maybe it is brilliant. Maybe his execution is just that terrible.

What the **** were they thinking letting Loeb co-sign a lease on a studio???

Latest posts