Wizard World Chicago 08

• Help support The Comic Board :

Ultimate Houde

UC's Resident Genetic Recombinator
Since everyone is talking about it now, I figured we should actually have a thread made for it.

According the Wizard World website, the dates for the next Con are June 26 through June 29, 2008.

So far, we have going

Ultimate Houde
Victor Von Doom
DIrishB
Joe Kalicki
E
Bass
Seldes Katne
McCheese
Moonmaster
Lithium
Thee Great One
Dr.Strangefate
Shade
Ice

Well, those are the ones I'm sure about, anyone I miss?

We should plan to meet up the first night at least, before the con proper. And properly this time around, none of this tramping around the city at ten at night looking for a crappy Sushi place.

Last edited:

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Well, I certainly can't do 3 cons. So if I was to come here, I couldn't do SDCC. And I'm still going to go to NYCC.

We'll see what happens with me.

Victor Von Doom

Fist of teh Internets.
We should plan to meet up the first night at least, before the con proper. And properly this time around, none of this tramping around the city at ten at night looking for a crappy Sushi place.

As far as I know...I'm going.

And I was disappointed we didn't get any sushi. Although if not for city tramping....we wouldn't have found that greasy chicken joint.

And we wouldn't have had the great joke that Ice's brother's bag wasn't actually a purse. I swear that bag was a purse!

E

Excelsior Club
Better believe I'll be there.

I've never had sushi and I'm not sure if it's quite my thing, but I'll try anything reasonable (an example of unreasonable would be, oh, say...duck blood soup).

Not sure if my wife or son will be there. She probably wouldn't mind sitting it out, but I know he'd love to go. If he does it would limit my ability to go out or do something things...too early to say at this point.

Ultimate Houde

UC's Resident Genetic Recombinator
Which turned out, or so he says, as his diabetes ice pack. I think he was just hiding the fact he had a purse

Seldes Katne

Site mom
You have no idea how funny I found it that you guys actually thought it was my purse. (Right now I'm trying to remember if I even own a purse.... I mean, God invented pockets for a reason, right? :wink: )

E, tell your wife if she wants to come, she and I can wander around Chicago and do other things besides conventioning. (I'm hoping to do a city tour, for one thing.) I'd like to get there a couple of days before the con starts and see some of the sights, but I also don't feel as though I have to spend three straight days at the convention, either. (I can look for things for the kids to do, too, if you want.)

Sushi is all right, although I think it's kind of expensive for the amount of food you get. We'd probably be further ahead at a Chinese buffet or other sit-down-style restaurant.

I'll have to see what my annual budget looks like by the end of January before I'm a definite, but right now I'm expecting to go.

E

Excelsior Club
You have no idea how funny I found it that you guys actually thought it was my purse. (Right now I'm trying to remember if I even own a purse.... I mean, God invented pockets for a reason, right? :wink: )

E, tell your wife if she wants to come, she and I can wander around Chicago and do other things besides conventioning. (I'm hoping to do a city tour, for one thing.) I'd like to get there a couple of days before the con starts and see some of the sights, but I also don't feel as though I have to spend three straight days at the convention, either. (I can look for things for the kids to do, too, if you want.)

Sushi is all right, although I think it's kind of expensive for the amount of food you get. We'd probably be further ahead at a Chinese buffet or other sit-down-style restaurant.

I'll have to see what my annual budget looks like by the end of January before I'm a definite, but right now I'm expecting to go.
She might like that. I'll let her know.

I highly doubt we'd bring both kids. The baby won't get anything out of it, and it's nice to let my son have some time with mom & dad by himself. It's also possible it could just be me and him. Don't know.

As for Chinese...the only way I could eat Chinese is if it was at some kind of gourmet place. I strongly dislike Chinese food, but that's because all of the Chinese places I've been to were buffet or too "fast food"-ish.

Joe Kalicki

So E doesn't want Polish food. . . fine.

We should go a day early and see the Art Institute. It'll be like Ferris Bueller's Day Off!

Also of note, the Field Museum, the Museum of Science and Industry and the Shedd Aquarium. And they're all practically next door to each other!

(note: it would involve some driving)

McCheese

Well, those are the ones I'm sure about, anyone I miss?
McCheese. You forgot McCheese.
Sushi is disgusting. McCheese will have none of your uncooked fish.
You guys should convince moony and McCheese to go since they're like right there.
I'm going dammit.
You should go!
Indeed.
Moony won't come because he's a loser

McCheese will come because he needs friends
I do...

And I will!
McCheese will come because I owe him a beer.
I will collect that, but probably well before the con.
Moony won't come because he's a hermit.
Damn hermits.