zero year = zero value?

whig4life

I thought this story line was awful. Most of the tieins added nothing to the overall story, which was almost pure dialogue anyways. Little plot movement, weak characterization, and so on. What's the point of the riddler wearing a mask if he tells everyone he's nygma to begin with? And where's his riddles?

This story had little explanatory power which is the whole point of an origin story. Where'd Bruce get his training? That's the Batman origin I want to see. Not all this crappy about the red good gang and his uncle who isn't an integral
part of his origins.

And all they do is yap yap yap all the time. It's dialogue galore. Show me don't tell me, writing 101. It's like each character is a psychoanalyst. I initially liked the new 52 because it wasn't like that, unlike 2000s comics, and it had interesting stories that moved. You know, more like real superhero stories.

Zero Year: started nowhere, went nowhere, was nothing but a waste of time.

And it was way, way too long.

The only Zero Hour tie in I read was Superman's, where he encountered a person who was Clark Kent's bully when he was in high school, and now a military killing machine fused with kryptonite called Conduit.

And yeah, it was pretty freaking horrible.

Im going to disagree with you a little about your origin point because we already know the origin between movies and frank millers writings they needed to add something and they went with the uncle angle. However im with you about everything else

Was it at least better than that terrible Joker story? Death of the Family or whatever it was called.

The only Zero Hour tie in I read was Superman's, where he encountered a person who was Clark Kent's bully when he was in high school, and now a military killing machine fused with kryptonite called Conduit. And yeah, it was pretty freaking horrible.

My friend we are discussing Zero Year, the new 52 batman storyline. I actually liked zero hour... Haha

Im going to disagree with you a little about your origin point because we already know the origin between movies and frank millers writings they needed to add something and they went with the uncle angle. However im with you about everything else

To date, the best origin story is the fragments we got from his training in the animated series(you know which one!) he travelled the world to seek out the best instruction.

Runner up is the blerb from the original comics.

zero year was too long, and unnecessary. Writers failed at this. :(
I was hoping to see something different yet original, but it was just some well known things, expanding one page to 5 pages...

The only Zero Hour tie in I read was Superman's, where he encountered a person who was Clark Kent's bully when he was in high school, and now a military killing machine fused with kryptonite called Conduit.

And yeah, it was pretty freaking horrible.

We are discussing Zero Year, not Zero Hour... Different things...
Looks like you are in a wrong thread... :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back