American Inventor

Planet-man

Toronto, Ontario(by way of the Kepler Verge)
Did anybody watch this tonight? I'm not really into Reality TV, I only watch The Apprentice, but I thought this was really good.

Ten bucks says the old guy with the Smoke Gun who they said 'no' to turns to supervillainy within the next few months.

Planet-man said:
Did anybody watch this tonight? I'm not really into Reality TV, I only watch The Apprentice, but I thought this was really good.

Ten bucks says the old guy with the Smoke Gun who they said 'no' to turns to supervillainy within the next few months.

Crap. I wanted to see this.

What time and what channel is it on?

E said:
Crap. I wanted to see this.

What time and what channel is it on?
8pm, ABC.

I saw the begining, but left after the first guy to see V.

Honestly, a bathroom raincoat?

Baxter said:
8pm, ABC.

I saw the begining, but left after the first guy to see V.

Honestly, a bathroom raincoat?

Simon Cowell was on Howard Stern yesterday talking about some of the people that were on, and he was talking about a guy who invented a suit that you wear over your clothes so that if you are in the subway or train station and had to take a whiz but couldn't get to a bathroom, you just put this suit on, go, and fold it up and put it away. Is that what was on the show?

Isn't this just a ripp off of Made in the USA (I think that was the name) from the USA network?

E said:
Simon Cowell was on Howard Stern yesterday talking about some of the people that were on, and he was talking about a guy who invented a suit that you wear over your clothes so that if you are in the subway or train station and had to take a whiz but couldn't get to a bathroom, you just put this suit on, go, and fold it up and put it away. Is that what was on the show?

That was the very first invention and all 4 judges said no. There were actually some pretty good ones though like the sand-bagger shovel and the poratble excercise gym. One lady spent $12,000 developing these pockets you hang on your bed to hold remotes and stuff, only to discover it was already a patented invention.

In the preview for next week there was a 14 year old kid who said he invented invisible tear gas. I'm still waiting for some geek to show up with zero-point energy gloves, though.

I'm turning up with my stick that when smacked against a rock turns into an Uru hammer.

Random said:
Isn't this just a ripp off of Made in the USA (I think that was the name) from the USA network?
Was that a rip off of American Idol with inventions? If not, then this show took both and put them together... and it worked.

Pandrio said:
Was that a rip off of American Idol with inventions? If not, then this show took both and put them together... and it worked.

Actually, American Inventor was Simon Cowell's "idea", so he's technically ripping off his own show.

Pandrio said:
Pretty much except the top eight got help from professionals to help develope their invnentions further.

I think this show will go down the hill now that they're done wth the "auditions". I found one of the best parts of the show to be seeing what the different people had invented and I think that edge will be lost once they narrow it down to only a few people working with their same inventions.

Latest posts

Back