Aquaman Speculation/News Discussion

Re: Aquaman (Discussion/Spoilers)

So the show has taken a page outta the "Smallville" book and renamed it's show "Mercy Reef" (as in where Aquaman was found as a child).

You never know, they might turn it into the new Baywatch yet, him being a surfer dude life guard with gills behind his ears and a Mega Man harpoon instead of a hand.

I still say Aquaman isn't interesting enough to hold his own show like this. Superman has rich mythology and history behind his origins, with Krypton and all of that; heck, even Batman has rich history behind his origins. But Aquaman? No, it's not interesting enough. I mean, I get goosebumps when more of the Superman mythology is explored in Smallville, like when he discovered Krypton and the Fortress, but I doubt there will be many goosebump moments in this show.

Ving Rhames is joining The CW's untitled Aquaman project, reports Variety.

Rhames will play McCaffery, a lighthouse keeper who serves as mentor to series lead A.C. Curry (played by Will Toale) in the Warner Bros. TV project.

Denise Quinones has joined the cast as Navy fighter pilot Rachel Starling, a potential love interest for Curry.

Ving Rhames kicks ***

Doc Comic said:
Ving Rhames does indeed kick ***, but not even he can save this show.
If he couldn't even save Mission: Impossible 2 than theres no way he can save this.

Wow.

This. Sounds. Terrible.

Of all the super heroes they could choose, why Aquaman? How much evil crap can actually happen in the waters of "Mercy Reef"? How many times can you fight eco-terrorists or poachers or whatever stupid crap they are gonna have Earths crappiest hero fight? Do a show about Batman, the Flash, or hell maybe even Green Lantern. Not Aquaman! Aquaman sucks.

Poor Ving Rhames. Run Ving! Run away from this disaster while there is still time!

Ving Rhames is doing WB T.V. now? I wasn't aware his career was at a low.

Hopefully this show will show people how cool Aquaman can be. I've said it before it's got nothing to do with what powers you have, it's how the character uses them and how the stories are written.

Damn Ving!!!!! You fell that far???? It's a shame.....

In other news.....

The lead for Aquaman has been changed. No longer will it be Will Toale. Instead, he has been replaced by Justin Hartley.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060222/tv_nm/aquaman_dc;_ylt=AjP2NupfuNssUbPhFHjZSNRpMhkF;_ylu=X3oDMTBjMHVqMTQ4BHNlYwN5bnN1YmNhdA--

Wow........his most notable role has been on a soap opera called "Passions". Now I don't know if any of you have a significant other who watches soaps but for those who do and know what show I'm talking about.........WTF????

"Passions" has to be the WORST soap I've ever seen. I was walking by the wife one day while she was watching it. All I'm gonna say is that the scene consisted of a fake lion's paw, a witch, a midget, and a monkey. Yeah---that tells you how bad it is right there.

Yeah....this show is shaping up to be a real winner. :roll:

Victor Von Doom said:
Damn Ving!!!!! You fell that far???? It's a shame.....

In other news.....

The lead for Aquaman has been changed. No longer will it be Will Toale. Instead, he has been replaced by Justin Hartley.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060222/tv_nm/aquaman_dc;_ylt=AjP2NupfuNssUbPhFHjZSNRpMhkF;_ylu=X3oDMTBjMHVqMTQ4BHNlYwN5bnN1YmNhdA--

Wow........his most notable role has been on a soap opera called "Passions". Now I don't know if any of you have a significant other who watches soaps but for those who do and know what show I'm talking about.........WTF????

"Passions" has to be the WORST soap I've ever seen. I was walking by the wife one day while she was watching it. All I'm gonna say is that the scene consisted of a fake lion's paw, a witch, a midget, and a monkey. Yeah---that tells you how bad it is right there.

Yeah....this show is shaping up to be a real winner. :roll:
My brother got hooked on Passions after his g/f made him watch it a while.

It's not like actors haven't come straight from soaps. It happens all the time. No need to bash him. Brandon Routh... remember.

TheManWithoutFear said:

Sucker...... 8)

TheManWithoutFear said:
It's not like actors haven't come straight from soaps. It happens all the time. No need to bash him. Brandon Routh... remember.

There's a big difference between soaps and Passions.

themanwithoutfear said:

Yeah, sure. Your "brother".

You are not fooling anyone.

thee great one said:
I used to watch soaps when I was suspended from school and had nothing but local channels. They are fun.
Give it up, TOG. I found the medical files. I know that you fathered Isabella's baby. I know that you were behind the Satanist conspiracy to kidnap him. And most importantly, I know that you were the one that murdered my Father!

*dramatic close-up*

It's all true. I also had a sexual relationship with your father. I loved him but he found out about Isabella. I had no choice. But that's not all... I am really your long lost sister!

:shock:

thee great one said:
It's all true. I also had a sexual relationship with your father. I loved him but he found out about Isabella. I had no choice. But that's not all... I am really your long lost sister!

:shock:
NOOOOOO!!!!

Th-then Sarah is really my-my...Mother?

Latest posts

Back