Ash vs. The Evil Dead

This is going to incredible. I hate how far away it is though. I want it now!

Love the Evil Dead I have a signed autograph Evil Dead 2 script and the Evil Dead comics

That was absolutely fantastic. The humor was on point, the practical effects were amazing, and I had a big stupid grin through the entire episode. This is going to be quite the ride

It really was awesome, except for the lady cop scenes... those felt pointless and bored me to tears. Ruined the pacing of the episode.

I was completely into them. I loved the house scene with her partner and her PTSD in the diner afterwards. I look forward to her story running into Ash's. Lucy Flawless is still ungodly hot for a 47 year old. The doll attacking Ash was absolutely hilarious.

I finally just bought the 2013
sequel
on Blu-Ray. Have the other three on VHS. The grain really adds to the movie I think.

Last edited:
I hope her stuff becomes more interesting... to be fair it seems like a completely Sisyphian approach to alternate her with Campbell's Ash.

Also, I'm glad Ash vs Evil Dead has completely removed those horrible Army of Darkness spin off comics from Dynamite from ED/AoD continuity (though there's now like 3-4 different timelines when factoring in all the comic reboots and video games). God, those sucked.

Also, I'm glad Ash vs Evil Dead has completely removed those horrible Army of Darkness spin off comics from Dynamite from ED/AoD continuity (though there's now like 3-4 different timelines when factoring in all the comic reboots and video games). God, those sucked.

I wasn't aware those were ever considered canon. The Marvel Zombies crossover was fun.

I wasn't aware those were ever considered canon. The Marvel Zombies crossover was fun.

I never considered them canon, but some do (or did until the new show made it impossible for them to have occurred in that continuity). The MZ crossover was great, but that was probably more to do with Marvel's hand in that project than Dynamite's, considering the MZ vs AoD crossover is faaaaaaaar superior to any of the other AoD comics Dynamite put out.

The second episode was good. Not as good as first but the female cop got more bearable, even though her plot so far seems almost entirely pointless.

Loved the line at the end, after they'd buried Kelly's parents:

"You know they were Jewish, right?"

"I... I did not. Wish you would've said something before I made those dumb crosses, but..."

Campbell definitely still has it.

I think black cop is our way to Lucy Lawless. Black cops are awesome! Seriously though, her storyline killed the episode for me. The show is slower than the first episode made it seem it would be. It wasn't bad, but I had to watch it twice because I didn't think I should have been as disappointed as I was. I'm glad I did because it was much better the second time when I knew where Amanda's story was going. The dinner was freaking hilarious.

Last edited:
I really liked this, had a couple things that I wish they did better, black cop was pointless, but the ending has me excited for the nest season.

Yeah I enjoyed it as well. There were some pointless aspects, and I found Lucy Lawless' character to be more interesting as Annie's sister than the writer of the book, but whatevs. Will definitely check out next season.

I'm still hoping they fit the new film into this timeline. I also hope Sam Raimi comes back and does more episodes, nothing reached the height of the first episode for me, but I also realize that if he were to make a show he'd be fired very quickly due to his OCD directing style.

Latest posts

Back