Awake (NBC)

I haven't watched the show since episode 2. One of these days I'll watch the rest to see what I think of it all.

My wife and I have more or less kept up on it (we might be a couple episodes behind). It's not terrible television. But it is disappointing. I don't watch a ton of TV, but I don't think I've ever seen a show with so much potential wasted.

I can't even really explain what it is I think I'm looking for in the series. I just feel kind of disappointed after each one that it's not...more. More intelligent, more intricate...I don't know. I don't think the acting is bad and the stories aren't really bad. They just aren't great, and I feel like with this kind of plot they should be. Kind of like Heroes, except Heroes really did turn bad - so much so that I didn't even watch the last couple of seasons.

I found the fact that I was watching Lucius Malfoy with a "hard cop" accent more interesting than a lot of the stories.

Finally finished this tonight. I liked the intensity of the last two episodes and wish the rest of the series had more of that. I didn't care so much for the ending and would've hoped it had been darker, like having to choose which reality to keep or something like that.

Still, not too bad of a series overall.

I really liked the last three episodes and I too wish the show had been more like that. It sounds like it was pressure from NBC that resulted in so many of the "standalone" episodes because they're easy to rerun in any order (this is why cable is better). But I don't mind that it wasn't renewed: this season feels like one complete story and some shows aren't even lucky enough to get that.

I would like to see the creator do a new show on cable, where he is more able to do what he wants. He's clearly very talented and I don't think NBC deserved a show as unique as this one.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back