Batman Anthology - Timeline (Outdated)

I am actually fine with that, though I would say that Superman II would be set the same year as the first Superman, as you know originally, they were intended to be one story, one right after the other. Also, wouldn't prop dates for Superman III place it in 1983?
I acknowledge the prop date but it's contradicted by other dates, so I basically ignored the year and take everything else. It's like how Iron Man 3 takes place in December 2012 but prop dates place it in December 2013. That's how I looked at it.

OMG, If they wouldn't have retconed the number to be 789 instead of 89 it would have fit so nicely to explain the newspaper in Arrowverse Crisis...
Perhaps Earth-89 and Earth-66 exist in a megaverse between multiverses, like Earth-7642/Crossover Earth, for instance, does in Marvel and DC.

That's the only explanation if they're supposed to be the same I guess. The whole "Joker is alive" thing was started in Crisis on Infinite Earths.

Perhaps Earth-89 and Earth-66 exist in a megaverse between multiverses, like Earth-7642/Crossover Earth, for instance, does in Marvel and DC.

That's the only explanation if they're supposed to be the same I guess. The whole "Joker is alive" thing was started in Crisis on Infinite Earths.
What Batman is supposed to be the one that is not from the movie? The main one?

Mainstream comics Batman.

Mainstream comics Batman.
So, when he says that he is "out of Multiverse" he means that he is in a different multiverse?

Comic Multiverse continuity =/= Live-Action Multiverse continuity.
Multiversal duplicates.

Earth-789 = Comic Multiverse version of Batman (1989) / Batman Returns / most of the Christopher Reeve Superman events occurred in Batman 89 / Superman 78 comics.

Earth-89 = Live-Action Multiverse version of Batman (1989) and Batman Returns events occurred, BUT Batman Forever and Batman & Robin occurred. NOT the Batman 89 comic.

Earth-96 = Live-Action Multiverse version of Superman I-IV, Supergirl (film) and Superman Returns. (Don't overcomplicate it, please.) Superman 78 comic events didn't happen.

SAME THING with Batman 66 and Wonder Woman 77 comics. NOT in the Live-Action multiverse. They've already trimmed that fat into it's own Comic version of that/those Earth(s).

I'm sorry if that's hard to take in, but I bet you they're doing that as to say "These stories still matter in their own way." For example, you won't see Adam West's Batman canonically kill Joker in the 70s in the live-action continuity; the comic one sure so no Batman show fans get upset that a version they grew up with killed Caesar Ramero's beloved Joker.

Multiversal duplicates.

Earth-789 = Comic Multiverse version of Batman (1989) / Batman Returns / most of the Christopher Reeve Superman events occurred in Batman 89 / Superman 78 comics.

Earth-89 = Live-Action Multiverse version of Batman (1989) and Batman Returns events occurred, BUT Batman Forever and Batman & Robin occurred. NOT the Batman 89 comic.

Earth-96 = Live-Action Multiverse version of Superman I-IV, Supergirl (film) and Superman Returns. (Don't overcomplicate it, please.) Superman 78 comic events didn't happen.

SAME THING with Batman 66 and Wonder Woman 77 comics. NOT in the Live-Action multiverse. They've already trimmed that fat into it's own Comic version of that/those Earth(s).
I would have been wondering if Smallville comics now took place in own multiverse ?

Nope. That's an exception.

No "Smallville" versions have ever appeared in the comic multiverse side of things.
Yeah , But I kinda use the"comics Multiverse" logic should be also applied for the Multiverse of the "Smallville" continuity .

Multiversal duplicates.

I'm sorry if that's hard to take in, but I bet you they're doing that as to say "These stories still matter in their own way." For example, you won't see Adam West's Batman canonically kill Joker in the 70s in the live-action continuity; the comic one sure so no Batman show fans get upset that a version they grew up with killed Caesar Ramero's beloved Joker.
Superman '78 references a separate Batman that's supposed to be an amalgam of Keaton and West. It's also set between Superman II and Superman III, so Batman shouldn't even be around.

Based on official word, Superman '78 can't be part of Earth-789. Also, Batman is wearing his '89 outfit suggesting that Batman Returns hasn't happened, and the Joker is still deceased by the events of Batman '89.

I see Dark Crisis and The Bat-Man of Gotham to comrise this mini-continuity right now, where the Christopher Reeve films happened, Batman happened, and then the Joker came back to life.

Yeah , But I kinda use the"comics Multiverse" logic should be also applied for the Multiverse of the "Smallville" continuity .
There's no conflicts with Smallville and Smallville S11 is directly confirmed to be canon to Crisis on Infinite Earths.

Oh, and Batman '66 and Wonder Woman '77 have conflicting versions of Solomon Grundy.

DC Live-Action Multiverse
Earth-66 - Batman '66
Earth-76 - Wonder Woman '77
Earth-89 - Batman '89
Earth-96 - Superman Returns: Prequel
Earth-?? - Superman '78

DC Multiverse
Earth-66 - alt. Batman '66
Earth-789 - alt. Superman '78/Batman '89

Multiversal duplicates.

I would include the dark knight trilogy on land 96 along with Brandon Routh's superman.
First it does not contradict anything, second between 2007 and 2008 when Brandon Routh was asked about the crossover he did not deny, he assumed that both coexisted in the same universe but said that he did not see them fighting but collaborating

I would include the dark knight trilogy on land 96 along with Brandon Routh's superman.
First it does not contradict anything, second between 2007 and 2008 when Brandon Routh was asked about the crossover he did not deny, he assumed that both coexisted in the same universe but said that he did not see them fighting but collaborating
it has been only the SR version of the Batman Begins.....I don't think the very realistic The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises fit in the Superman Returns's universe. And Nolan says no and so Bale himself as well.

That is why I was asking if he is saying he is out of his multiverse, so that way he could have crossed to the Live Action multiverse.
But I guess it doesn't line up since even if Earth-89 transformed in Earth-789 after the Live Action Crisis the "Joker is alive" newspaper was in the Earth identified as Earth-89, before the Crisis. Because I am guessing that 89 Joker is alive thanks to the Dark Crisis. Unless the Dark Crisis happened Pre-Live Action Crisis and Post-Live Action Crisis but that makes things excessively complicated.

Last edited:
My interpretation Is that they are the same One but have different names since It reside at the border of both multiverses.

For how the earth are set I think it's Like this (my opinioni, I repeat):

Pre-crisis:
Earth-89= Burton films
Earth=97= Forever and & Robin
Earth-96= Superman anthology and Returns
Earth-66= Batman
Earth-77= Wonder Woman

Post-crisis:
Earth-89\789= Superman anthology and Burton films
Earth-96= returns
Earth-66= Batman and Wonder Woman

What do you think?

I think this is more likely, if they're supposed to be the same:

Pre-Crisis
Earth-66 - Dozierverse
Earth-76 - Wonder Woman
Earth-89/789 - Donner/Burton-Verse
Earth-96 - Superman Returns
Earth-97 - Schumacherverse/Nick Cage Superman (?)

Post-Crisis
Earth-66 - Dozierverse
Earth-76 - Wonder Woman
Earth-78 - Donnerverse
Earth-89 - Burtonverse/The Flash
Earth-96 - Superman Returns
Earth-97 - Schumacherverse/Nick Cage Superman (?)

Supergirl and Zod in The Flash contradict being the same reality, as they are different in The Flash. We'd have to assume even more multiverse fuckery is going on, so Pre-Crisis/Post-Crisis gives us an out.

Joker being alive is referenced in Crisis, is shown in Dark Crisis and is explained in The Bat-Man of Gotham.

This is an example of how it can make sense if they really are the same. There's serveral other examples of things like this happening in comics where the same exact reality exists in two separate multiverses.
rn_image_picker_lib_temp_8bc0588f-7baa-4da0-a32b-e692a37381db.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back