Batman Anthology - Timeline (Outdated)

EuX8WSDXEAUkqio.jpeg
Gray hair. Maybe theres a time jump since the end of Batman Returns since he had full black hair in that film.

Perhaps Harvey Dent will already be Two-Face, and this picks up after Batman & Robin, introducing the second Robin. I guess Harvey Dent may have survived Batman Forever?

This is all assuming it doesn't contradict the Schumacher films. Those may end up as Pre-Crisis. All speculation for now, but I'm hyped!

Last edited:
Sounds like Harvey might actually be seen becoming Two-Face. That earns it a 1993 placement, due to the movie it's definitely going to ignore. :p
Step back into the Gotham of Tim Burton's seminal classic Batman movies! Batman '89 brings in screenwriter Sam Hamm (Batman, Batman Returns) and artist Joe Quinones (Dial H for Hero) to pull on a number of threads left dangling by the prolific director. Gotham becomes torn in two as citizens dressed as Batman and The Joker duke it out in the streets. As D.A. Harvey Dent tries to keep the city together, he targets the one problem tearing it apart: BATMAN! And he'll get Bruce Wayne's help in taking down the Dark Knight!

DC wiki description
Some time after the events of Batman, Dent is still the district attorney of Gotham City. He put the current mafia don of the city, Boss Maroni, on trial. During the trial, Maroni threw acid into Dent's face, and despite Batman's efforts, Dent was hit, and half of his face became scarred. He was driven mad and took up the identity of Two-Face. He vowed revenge against Batman for not saving him. He was subsequently captured and sent to Arkham Asylum.

I guess I can kinda see the comic taking place after his scarring and arrest by Batman, but it's probably delaying the inevitable of having two different versions of the Burtonverse. We'll see, it's all fine either way, as long as it's good and makes sense.

At least Crisis gives a way to explain all this...

Last edited:
Sounds like Harvey might actually be seen becoming Two-Face. That earns it a 1993 placement, due to the movie it's definitely going to ignore. :p

DC wiki description
Some time after the events of Batman, Dent is still the district attorney of Gotham City. He put the current mafia don of the city, Boss Maroni, on trial. During the trial, Maroni threw acid into Dent's face, and despite Batman's efforts, Dent was hit, and half of his face became scarred. He was driven mad and took up the identity of Two-Face. He vowed revenge against Batman for not saving him. He was subsequently captured and sent to Arkham Asylum.

I guess I can kinda see the comic taking place after his scarring and arrest by Batman, but it's probably delaying the inevitable of having two different versions of the Burtonverse. We'll see, it's all fine either way, as long as it's good and makes sense.

At least Crisis gives a way to explain all this...

That or the courtroom video of his scarring in Forever was a reenactment of the actual event and the scar infection pigmented his skin over time.

But yeah Crisis could be the main thing that changes this.

That or the courtroom video of his scarring in Forever was a reenactment of the actual event and the scar infection pigmented his skin over time.
I like that theory.

Just in case it's post-1995, I found this on the DC wiki.
Two-Face's costume appears in Arkham Asylum in the fourth film Batman & Robin. In the DVD commentary for the movie, director Joel Schumacher stated that he left the suit there as an indicator that the character was still alive.

Damn, I forgot that it will introduce a new Robin, too.

I guess it all depends on whether Harvey's origin is tackled.

Michael Keaton's Batman Forever suit is in Batman '89.

It was turned into the Sonar Suit seen at the end of Val Kilmer's Batman Forever.
E3Cv81tX0AE-6QQ.jpeg
20210605_114439.jpg
Maybe it's a prototype in-universe?

Last edited:
Michael Keaton's Batman Forever suit is in Batman '89.

It was turned into the Sonar Suit seen at the end of Val Kilmer's Batman Forever.
View attachment 398
View attachment 399
Maybe it's a prototype in-universe?
Maybe the comic will be a smooth transition into the Schumacher films, if our predictions are correct.

It mainly depends on Harvey Dent and who Robin is.

20210526_133253.jpg
Hmm. The implication here is that Jack Napier is alive, somehow. He obviously died in Batman, though.

Lazarus Pit? Maybe Bruce uses some of it to fight crime in his 60s? That would certainly explain why he's not retired. I guess he had a run-in with Ra's al Ghul after Batman & Robin.

I assumed such, but he's saying that the Joker has seemingly "fallen to his death" numerous times. The wording implies that Joker isn't dead.

Certainly a strange thing to imply, but I guess it's possible.

Rewatched Batman Forever. The Sonar suit is an untested prototype.

So, that would support Batman '89 being after the Schumacher films if it's the same suit. Won't matter if Harvey's scarring occurs. I don't think his origin will really compromise Batman Forever, just retcon that courtroom footage. The issue would be something like Batman killing him.

I would love if he was the first person Batman chose to spare, starting his no killing rule.

E4HvaI_XIA4LXeO.jpeg
Catwoman's new suit might suggest the 80th Anniversary story takes place prior to the comic, because she still has her Returns suit. That makes the appearance of the Penguin in that comic seem odd, seeing as it's soon after Oswald died with not much time for an impersonator or resurrection, but whatever. Could just be a lookalike. :p

Last edited:
There's some speculation that Barbara Gordon will show up in Batman '89. Of course, the Batman & Robin character wasn't actually the original Batgirl, rather an original character called Barbara Williams, Alfred's niece.

View attachment 401
Hmm. The implication here is that Jack Napier is alive, somehow. He obviously died in Batman, though.

Lazarus Pit? Maybe Bruce uses some of it to fight crime in his 60s? That would certainly explain why he's not retired. I guess he had a run-in with Ra's al Ghul after Batman & Robin.
20210619_175658.jpg
Am... I overthinking this? Is it referring to the Joker gang?

I think the original film left it a little open ended with the laugh box or whatever that was that was pulled out of the Joker's coat at the end of the movie--if the Joker was resurrected, that's a moment that they probably would have returned to.

Hmm interesting list that I've seen all the batman films from 1989 to now well aside from batman vs superman

You also didnt say nothing about the dark Knight series is there a reason why in my opinion the dark Knight series saved me from leaving dc completely I'm more of a marvel fan then dc they were good movies I loved watching them the dark Knight with the late Heath ledger as joker I love him in the role he brought something new to the joker my mate agrees ledger took the role and put his own mark on it if you believe the suicide thing then you might say that role killed him as Im saying he brought the joker back to a point that no one will ever be able to do

Not sure if this post is still available or not but hope to hear from someone about this

Peace

Hmm interesting list that I've seen all the batman films from 1989 to now well aside from batman vs superman

You also didnt say nothing about the dark Knight series is there a reason why in my opinion the dark Knight series saved me from leaving dc completely I'm more of a marvel fan then dc they were good movies I loved watching them the dark Knight with the late Heath ledger as joker I love him in the role he brought something new to the joker my mate agrees ledger took the role and put his own mark on it if you believe the suicide thing then you might say that role killed him as Im saying he brought the joker back to a point that no one will ever be able to do

Not sure if this post is still available or not but hope to hear from someone about this

Peace
That's in The Dark Knight Trilogy Timeline.

Peace
The reason why this doesn't include the Dark Knight trilogy is because they are separate versions of the same character.

The Batman seen throughout 1989 to 1997 is considered the same version of the character.

In 2005, the series was rebooted with Batman Begins. Ben Affleck is another Batman.

So, they're kept separate to keep consistency. This timeline purely follows Earth-89 and the characters that originate from it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back