Batman Anthology - Timeline (Outdated)

it has been only the SR version of the Batman Begins.....I don't think the very realistic The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises fit in the Superman Returns's universe. And Nolan says no and so Bale himself as well.
I don't know, the dark knight trilogy has never been realistic as such, Nolan himself describes his universe as a somewhat more ordinary world with extraordinary characters, basically gods among humans.
Batman, Joker, Bane, Ras al ghul are myths, exceptional people with superhuman abilities.
In the dark knight rises we see Bane effortlessly destroy a concrete pillar with his fists, also Batman escaping in time from the explosion of a nuclear bomb that if connected with superman returns would explain well why bruce survived the explosion ( superman would have saved him in time)
Bale never denied anything, when asked he said he wouldn't feel comfortable doing that (the crossover) behind Nolan's back.
I never used as an excuse or denied that they were both in the same universe, it was something I assumed as a fact but I didn't see putting them together in a movie soon.
Nolan only explained that for Batman Begins they did not have a large extended universe in mind, Bruce, as in the comics, would not be inspired by other superheroes to be Batman, he would follow his own path.
That was all he said.
Without confirming or denying anything.
I don't think there are any problems with including a Nolanverse variant within earth 96
tWr_ePTwAjOuKPq8m9hohnZ_OATdVx1p3PqPuTJwkyY.jpg

True, I also found this:
51QaC+lppAL.jpg
s-l500.jpg
Official products that promote both movies as if they were from the same universe, even the image below converges well with the silhouette of Superman.
darkknightsupes.jpg
I came across this that reminds me of the Punisher cameo in spider-man 2

That or we assume that Flashpoint is a composite timeline. Then we have no problems if they were the same.

I guess that would make it something along the lines of:

Earth-89/789
1977 - Superman: The Movie
1979 - Superman II
1980 - Superman III
1984 - Supergirl
1985 - Superman IV: The Quest for Peace
1989 - Superman '78 #1-6
1989 - Batman
1992 - Batman Returns
1993 - Batman '89 #1-6
1994 - Batman Vol. 3 #135
1994 - Dark Crisis: Big Bang
2004 - Catwoman
2019 - Supergirl 5x09, "Crisis on Infinite Earths: Part 1" [Pre-Crisis]
2022 - The Flash [Flashpoint]

A bit of retconning in that case but it's a possibility.

That or we assume that Flashpoint is a composite timeline. Then we have no problems if they were the same.

I guess that would make it something along the lines of:

Earth-89/789
1977 - Superman: The Movie
1979 - Superman II
1980 - Superman III
1984 - Supergirl
1985 - Superman IV: The Quest for Peace
1989 - Superman '78 #1-6
1989 - Batman
1992 - Batman Returns
1993 - Batman '89 #1-6
1994 - Batman Vol. 3 #135
1994 - Dark Crisis: Big Bang
2004 - Catwoman
2019 - Supergirl 5x09, "Crisis on Infinite Earths: Part 1" [Pre-Crisis]
2022 - The Flash [Flashpoint]

A bit of retconning in that case but it's a possibility.
Isn't Superman '78 #1-6 supposed to take place between Superman II and Superman III?
Is there any mention of Bruce Wayne returning to Gotham or something to place it in 1989?

Yep, that's exactly it. We'd have to ignore that to make it work because of Bruce Wayne.

Yep, that's exactly it. We'd have to ignore that to make it work because of Bruce Wayne.
I didn't understand, does Bruce Wayne come out or what do they say?
In the comic they say that Bruce Wayne just arrived in Gotham recently?
true , superman the movie should take place in 1978 , clark is supposed to be 30 years old during the movie .
The class 65 and his age could be due to a difference of months, perhaps after the flashback of Superman III of 1965 it takes place in 1966 when Clark goes to the fortress of solitude and begins his preparation to be superman at the age of 18 .
and would return 12 years later in 1978

I didn't understand, does Bruce Wayne come out or what do they say?
In the comic they say that Bruce Wayne just arrived in Gotham recently?
true , superman the movie should take place in 1978 , clark is supposed to be 30 years old during the movie .
The class 65 and his age could be due to a difference of months, perhaps after the flashback of Superman III of 1965 it takes place in 1966 when Clark goes to the fortress of solitude and begins his preparation to be superman at the age of 18 .
and would return 12 years later in 1978
Possibly.

I'll find the page for you.

Anyway, if these comic appearances were the same versions it wouldn't really matter. It would fix the Donnerverse/Superman Returns problem and we wouldn't really have to worry about everything else because, simply put, it's an Omniverse situation. Like how Invincible crossed over into Earth-616, the Prime DC Earth, the Walking Dead, etc. without them being set in the same multiverse.

Same Earth that exists in multiple multiverses simultaneously. There are countless examples of that really. It's all part of the cosmic onniverse/megaverse/multiverse system that is valid in Marvel, Transformers, DC, Fortnite, Doctor Who, etc. Everything that has and ever will exist occurs in the same Omniverse.

I'm not gonna put it all on one Earth at the moment or anything. It's gonna be a little micro-continuity for me right now, consisting of Dark Crisis and the new Batman comic. It could be canon though, it wouldn't necessarily mean that they're the same multiverse as the comics, and it explains the Joker resurrection.

Anyway, if these comic appearances were the same versions it wouldn't really matter. It would fix the Donnerverse/Superman Returns problem and we wouldn't really have to worry about everything else because, simply put, it's an Omniverse situation. Like how Invincible crossed over into Earth-616, the Prime DC Earth, the Walking Dead, etc. without them being set in the same multiverse.

Same Earth that exists in multiple multiverses simultaneously. There are countless examples of that really. It's all part of the cosmic onniverse/megaverse/multiverse system that is valid in Marvel, Transformers, DC, Fortnite, Doctor Who, etc. Everything that has and ever will exist occurs in the same Omniverse.

I'm not gonna put it all on one Earth at the moment or anything. It's gonna be a little micro-continuity for me right now, consisting of Dark Crisis and the new Batman comic. It could be canon though, it wouldn't necessarily mean that they're the same multiverse as the comics, and it explains the Joker resurrection.

It makes sense, superman 78 takes ideas from what was going to be Donner's superman III and Superman V
It makes sense that it would take place in early 1989 before Batman 89.
On the donnerverse/singerverse problem.
I don't see any problem.
They are two completely different earths, earth 96 has a version of superman I and II also one of superman III and IV although I think that the comment "it's not the first time I've fought against myself" refers to Bizarro which came out in the Superman Returns video game, he faced Bizarro at one point.
I don't think it confirms that superman III and IV let alone Supergirl take place in that universe.
The Donnerverse takes the five films of the 90s saga
Superman the movie 3 hours cut
Superman II Donnerscut
Superman III
Supergirl and Superman IV
and it shares the universe with Michael Keaton's Batman on Earth 789.
And Earth 96 is where Routh's superman lives where an alternate version of Superman I and II took place but with clear differences also superman returns.
True, you are going to include the dark knight trilogy in earth 96 right?

It makes sense, superman 78 takes ideas from what was going to be Donner's superman III and Superman V
It makes sense that it would take place in early 1989 before Batman 89.
On the donnerverse/singerverse problem.
I don't see any problem.
They are two completely different earths, earth 96 has a version of superman I and II also one of superman III and IV although I think that the comment "it's not the first time I've fought against myself" refers to Bizarro which came out in the Superman Returns video game, he faced Bizarro at one point.
I don't think it confirms that superman III and IV let alone Supergirl take place in that universe.
The Donnerverse takes the five films of the 90s saga
Superman the movie 3 hours cut
Superman II Donnerscut
Superman IIIlSupergirl and Superman IV
and it shares the universe with Michael Keaton's Batman on Earth 789.
And Earth 96 is where Routh's superman lives where an alternate version of Superman I and II took place but with clear differences also superman returns.
True, you are going to include the dark knight trilogy in earth 96 right?
That would be great to hear Routh"s comments on "Gotham Rejected" is a version of Nolan's The Joker is piss off on the fact that Batman is Dead after the following event of the Bane take over the Gotham then ended killing Lois Lane and rest of the Daily Planet's cast .

My interpretation Is that they are the same One but have different names since It reside at the border of both multiverses.

For how the earth are set I think it's Like this (my opinioni, I repeat):

Pre-crisis:
Earth-89= Burton films
Earth=97= Forever and & Robin
Earth-96= Superman anthology and Returns
Earth-66= Batman
Earth-77= Wonder Woman

Post-crisis:
Earth-89\789= Superman anthology and Burton films
Earth-96= returns
Earth-66= Batman and Wonder Woman

What do you think?
I think this is more likely, if they're supposed to be the same:

Pre-Crisis
Earth-66 - Dozierverse
Earth-76 - Wonder Woman
Earth-89/789 - Donner/Burton-Verse
Earth-96 - Superman Returns
Earth-97 - Schumacherverse/Nick Cage Superman (?)

Post-Crisis
Earth-66 - Dozierverse
Earth-76 - Wonder Woman
Earth-78 - Donnerverse
Earth-89 - Burtonverse/The Flash
Earth-96 - Superman Returns
Earth-97 - Schumacherverse/Nick Cage Superman (?)

Supergirl and Zod in The Flash contradict being the same reality, as they are different in The Flash. We'd have to assume even more multiverse fuckery is going on, so Pre-Crisis/Post-Crisis gives us an out.

Joker being alive is referenced in Crisis, is shown in Dark Crisis and is explained in The Bat-Man of Gotham.

This is an example of how it can make sense if they really are the same. There's serveral other examples of things like this happening in comics where the same exact reality exists in two separate multiverses.
View attachment 1051
Nope. That would mean live-action Anti-Monitor's anti-matter wave would have bled over into the Comic multiverse. That's never brought up in the comics.

I think it's much easier to see them as separate. I'd believe Superman & Lois and Gotham Knights are set on a co-existing alternate timeline to Earth-Prime a la DC's Convergence ("Blood Moon"/Earth-0) more than I would assume that there is this 'bleeding-over' of comics and live-action. The comics have not acknowledged any 2019-2020 Crisis events caused by the Anti-Monitor, so it doesn't work.

And if you wanna assume a.) It happened offscreen and unmentioned in the comic side of things (lol no...just no. You can't ignore something like that for the sake of standing-alone) or b.) Anti-Monitor's influence didn't reach that far, that's not what was established. You might as well say the Sandman Universe comics are canon to the Lucifer show thus comic Lucifer and Tom Ellis' Lucifer are the "same".

All in all, you may prefer your own explanation. But tbh it's more head canon than anything. Converging two multiverses with COMPLETELY different physics/lore/logic creates an infinite can of worms no one can wrap their head around.

You do you. I'll have my own way of chronicling it until DC confirms or denies otherwise.

They are not the same multiverse. The same reasoning for how Crossover Earth being part of the DC Multiverse and the Marvel Multiverse doesn't make then the same multiverse. The same reason Invincible doesn't have an Earth despite crossing over with Earth-616 Spider-Man and meeting mainstream Batman. Batman/Superman: Generations is part of both the Marvel Multiverse and DC Multiverse because of the Captain America/Batman crossover.

The Presence and The One Above All are separate beings and are the Gods of their respective multiverses. The same explanation for having the Presence and the Live-Action Multiverse God co-existing as rulers/creators of these specific worlds is simply the same as the Presence and The One Above All co-existing for Earth-7642 and Earth-3839. It just... is.

Multiple realities have quite literally existed in two different multiverses before. If that's the case, then why couldn't Earth-89 exist in the comic multiverse as Earth-789?

The Anti-Monitor didn't destroy those universes because it wasn't part of his multiverse. He destroyed Earth-89 and Earth-66 because they are part of his multiverse. The same way Secret Wars (2015) would affect Earth-7642 and Earth-3839 but not the rest of the DC Multiverse.
1ux1dueywd981.jpg
Here's a good example as well.

The Bat-Man of Gotham, additionally, essentially explains something that was set up in Crisis on Infinite Earths.

This is something that has presidence in fiction and comics. I think it's a possibility even if we're not going with it at the moment.

Last edited:
That would be great to hear Routh"s comments on "Gotham Rejected" is a version of Nolan's The Joker is piss off on the fact that Batman is Dead after the following event of the Bane take over the Gotham then ended killing Lois Lane and rest of the Daily Planet's cast .
You know, it makes sense and it fits perfectly.
Chronologically it fits quite well since the dark knight rises ends in early 2017.
The Infinite Earth Crisis event takes place between late 2019 and early 2020.
I suppose that Robin John Blake was not as "fun" as Bruce Wayne being Batman and this would frustrate Joker and he would go to metropolis in 2018 to attack the Planet after he considered that the Daily Planet did not give the necessary coverage to his crimes in metropolis

They are not the same multiverse. The same reasoning for how Crossover Earth being part of the DC Multiverse and the Marvel Multiverse doesn't make then the same multiverse. The same reason Invincible doesn't have an Earth despite crossing over with Earth-616 Spider-Man and meeting mainstream Batman. Batman/Superman: Generations is part of both the Marvel Multiverse and DC Multiverse because of the Captain America/Batman crossover.

The Presence and The One Above All are separate beings and are the Gods of their respective multiverses. The same explanation for having the Presence and the Live-Action Multiverse God co-existing as rulers/creators of these specific worlds is simply the same as the Presence and The One Above All co-existing for Earth-7642 and Earth-3839. It just... is.

Multiple realities have quite literally existed in two different multiverses before. If that's the case, then why couldn't Earth-89 exist in the comic multiverse as Earth-789?

The Anti-Monitor didn't destroy those universes because it wasn't part of his multiverse. He destroyed Earth-89 and Earth-66 because they are part of his multiverse. The same way Secret Wars (2015) would affect Earth-7642 and Earth-3839 but not the rest of the DC Multiverse.
View attachment 1062

This is something that has presidence in fiction and comics. I think it's a possibility even if we're not going with it at the moment.
To everything you have said I only have to say two things.
1 Earth 89 is Earth 789 but abbreviated bruh just keeping the number 89 .
2 The Dark Knight Trilogy on Earth 96:

1683248103922.jpeg

To everything you have said I only have to say two things.
1 Earth 89 is Earth 789 but abbreviated bruh just keeping the number 89 .
2 The Dark Knight Trilogy on Earth 96:

View attachment 1063
Earth-789 would be the comic multiverse name for Earth-89 if these comics are canon to it. Same Earth, different name in the comic multiverse to the live-action.

The Nolanverse doesn't take place on Earth-96 officially. I think it's a neat idea though. Gotham is referenced in Superman Returns. Certainly it could happen on Earth-96.

I don't remember who mentioned it, but Thomas Jane wasn't in Spider-Man 2 and it was never confirmed that the character people like to think is the Punisher really is, even if it was Thomas Jane's stunt double (which I'm not even sure of). Just thought I'd clear that up. I looked for it but it's not there. Also, they're separate Earths.

View attachment 1062

The Bat-Man of Gotham, additionally, essentially explains something that was set up in Crisis on Infinite Earths.

I understand the argument for Marvel and DC. But the fact that that Earth-89 is also Earth-789 on a whole other spectrum while congruent is far too convoluted for me to tolerate. Also, it's Earth-89 in the Flash movie, which is post-Crisis.

Latest posts

Back