Best Ultimate rogues gallery

Care to explain why?

Ultimate Goblin was done amazingly. Ultimate Venom , though diffrent and not as good as 616 eddie venom was still great. Hobgoblin was great , Doctor Octopus was handled in a great way and so many more.

Ultimate spider-man has the richest of the UU villains and most of them were done in ways diffrent to 616 that still worked. Now the others from what I read still have some cool villains e.g I love Ultimate Masgneto. But they just don't measure up as a whole to USM's

Ultimate Goblin was done amazingly. Ultimate Venom , though diffrent and not as good as 616 eddie venom was still great. Hobgoblin was great , Doctor Octopus was handled in a great way and so many more.

Ultimate spider-man has the richest of the UU villains and most of them were done in ways diffrent to 616 that still worked. Now the others from what I read still have some cool villains e.g I love Ultimate Masgneto. But they just don't measure up as a whole to USM's

I still have a problem with the way Bendis has turned most of the B-list villains into throw away characters, Kingpin, Doc Ock and Gobby were already great characters, its expected that they would still be great in the UU, there is already a lot to work with. Ultimate Scorpion and Vulture are a total waste, complete throwaway characters. Ultimate Electro is pretty flat too, sure he has a better costume, but 616 Electro actually has a personality, he deals with depression and self esteem problems and once even tried to kill himself, that's far more interesting than "stupid thug".

In terms of B-list revamps Mole Man, Mr. Sinsiter and Mojo were better than Bendis' USM efforts, that's not in factoring in that Bruce Timm has done a way better job at revamping B-list DC villains than any of the UU writers.

Last edited:
I still have a problem with the way Bendis has turned most of the B-list villains into throw away characters, Kingpin, Doc Ock and Gobby were already great characters, its expeccted that they would still be great in the UU, there is already a lot to work with. Ultimate Scorpion and Vulture are a total waste, complete throwaway characters. Ultimate Electro is pretty flat too, sure he has a better costume, but 616 Electro actually has a personality, he deals with depression and self esteem problems and once even tried to kill himself, that's far more interesting than "stupid thug".

In terms of B-list revamps Mole Man, Mr. Sinsiter and Mojo were better than Bendis' USM efforts, that's not in factoring in that Bruce Timm has done a way better job at revamping B-list DC villains than any of the UU writers.

I completely agree, though I like Electro alot more in the UU, cause the idea of a hire thug with powers is cool. But that really only worked for Electro, for character like Omega Red, its a huge slap in the face. Bendis is just pretty damn stupid sometimes.

but in fairness with most of USM villains he made throw away like say shocker their 616 version had become a joke , they were seen as a joke in cartoons , games and more.

People expected them to be a joke and besides Shocker he handled them pretty damn well in a way that stopped them been a joke sure they were throw away but they were serious and worked in their stories I felt.

but in fairness with most of USM villains he made throw away like say shocker their 616 version had become a joke , they were seen as a joke in cartoons , games and more.

People expected them to be a joke and besides Shocker he handled them pretty damn well in a way that stopped them been a joke sure they were throw away but they were serious and worked in their stories I felt.

Mr. freeze was a joke until BTAS, when he was used as a real character, with his pathos and personality. BTAS made a lameo like Clock King into a threating and interesting villain. There are no bad villains, only bad writers. to say "that villain was never cool" is not a good excuse.

Shocker can easily be a serious character, the fact that he isn't a psychopath or a megalomanic and has a code of ethics (he as never killed anyone) makes somewhat unique amongst Spidey villains. He could be like the marvel version of Johns Captain Cold.

I can buy Ultimate Shocker as a joke, because its just one character, but Ultimate Vulture, Sandman and Scorpion as throwawy characters with no real personality is unacceptable, the lack of a real version of Ultimate Mysterio is disappointing as well. All of those characters would have held up their own arcs and the 616 versions of those characters are vastly superior to their woeful UU counterparts. the fact that I know Bendis has done better with b-list villains in the past (like Purple man) is just doublely disappointing.

Last edited:
It has to be USM if for not other reason than that most of them are still alive.

The UU has a huge problem with killing off villains.

I can buy Ultimate Shocker as a joke, because its just one character, but Ultimate Vulture, Sandman and Scorpion as throwawy characters with no real personality is unacceptable, the lack of a real version of Ultimate Mysterio is disappointing as well. All of those characters would have held up their own arcs and the 616 versions of those characters are vastly superior to their woeful UU counterparts. the fact that I know Bendis has done better with b-list villains in the past (like Purple man) is just doublely disappointing.

I dunno, I thought Sandman and Scorpion were fine. Sandman and Electro could probably use a bit more fleshing out, but they're not really "throwaway" characters. As for Scorpion, I thought he was rather unique and one of the better things to come out of the Clone Saga (Him and Spider-Woman). He could have quite an interesting dynamic with Peter if he ever gets loose again.

I agree about Vulture, though.

I dunno, I thought Sandman and Scorpion were fine. Sandman and Electro could probably use a bit more fleshing out, but they're not really "throwaway" characters. As for Scorpion, I thought he was rather unique and one of the better things to come out of the Clone Saga (Him and Spider-Woman). He could have quite an interesting dynamic with Peter if he ever gets loose again.

I agree about Vulture, though.

With scorpion they took a character that could have easily carried his own arc and made him into a thing with no real personality. They already had an Ultimate version of Kaine, they didn't need to make Scorpion into another one. It just a waste, they made scorpion inot a Kaine konck off in the UU, they could have just used Kaine to fit that role. I also think Ultimate Lizard has been wasted as well.

Ultimate Electro and Sandman could be better if they were fleshed out, but Bendis hasn't bothered to do that in over 100 issues, right now they are very generic. Ultimate Vulture is just unacceptable. So far the vast majority of the b-list USM rogues are total failures.

I hate everything from Ultimate Spiderman so I'm a little biased.

Ultimate X-men villains are the best. Ultimates are borrowing them now.

well then The Overlord , since you sked which was best and I answered and apparently it was wrong , Which do you say is the best?

well then The Overlord , since you sked which was best and I answered and apparently it was wrong , Which do you say is the best?

I'm not saying your answer is wrong, I'm just having a friendly debate on what defines a good rogues gallery in the UU. these threads aren't very fun unless you have a bit of debate. Your opinion is completely valid, UU Gobby, Ock, Kingpin are good villains, so their is a good case that USM has the best rogues gallery, personally I"m just unhappy that he has done nothing of note with villains outside of those 3.

In terms of B-list villains I kinda like the UXM and UFF, mainly for their interesting takes on Sinsiter, Mojo, Mole Man, etc. Though Kirkman's run has tainted some of the UXM villains. I might go with the UFF at the moment.

Last edited:
I'm not saying your answer is wrong, I'm just having a friendly debate on what defines a good rogues gallery in the UU. these threads aren't very fun unless you have a bit of debate. Your opinion is completely valid, UU Gobby, Ock, Kingpin are good villains, so their is a good case that USM has the best rogues gallery, personally I"m just unhappy that he has done nothing of note with villains outside of those 3.

In terms of B-list villains I kinda like the UXM and UFF, mainly for their interesting takes on Sinsiter, Mojo, Mole Man, etc. Though Kirkman's run has tainted some of the UXM villains. I might go with the UFF at the moment.

I know you were , I was just curious as to who your favourite was.

Also Venom was done good , People liked it and in the game he was made even more 3 dimensional plus what ever they do in Ultimates 3

Last edited:
I know you were , I was just curious as to who your favourite was.

Also Venom was done good , People liked it and in the game he was made even more 3 dimensional plus what ever they do in Ultimates 3

Venom was an improvement, but he has been criminally underused. Though his appearance in Ultimates was waste, if he is dead because that, then the character has been done a major diservice.

I would like some different villains get their own arc in USM though. Heck I think an Ultimate version of the Trapster could easily hold his own mini arc (2-3 issues) against Spidey.

I liked the Ultimates villains. Kleiser, Liberators, Loki... maybe they're better because they're dead and no one can ruin them.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say UFF

USM's is good but it really comes down to two character, Goblin and Kingpin, Kingpin isn't different enough from his 616 counterpart, and i never totally bought into the Hulk Goblin

UXM' has Magneto and a bunch of cronies, with Apocalypse waiting in the wings

Ults had some cool villains but they don't really feel as impressive as other villains, outside Loki everyone felt like safeway versions of other characters

while UFF, has had Doom, Mole Man, Nihil, Mad-Thinker, Namor, Skrulls, Thanos, etc. while the series itself isn't very good i really like what they do with these classic villains, so yeah they get my vote

Latest posts

Back