Brian K. Vaughan & Tom Raney on upcoming Ultimate X-Men Annual?

Freeway420 said:
Bendis & Brooks on Spider-Man

Link?

Anything for Fantastic Four? I wouldn't expect anything for Ultimates.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Ah, ok, so Annuals are outdated and this isn't a big deal...
Well, I don't mean to be THAT cynical. :D But unless annuals are actually like, chock-full of special content that is routinely prepared ANNUALLY (published yearly), then this is really just a "Super Special" with the wrong name. :D

This sounds like a good idea... This'll be a good way to show that the UU is coming along just like the 616 once did. I can't wait to see what's going on with all of these Annuals!

I'm pretty sure Bendis said he was introducing a new villain for the USM Annual, so that should be interesting and we know that Gambit and Rogue are involved in Vaughan's UXM Annual, so it should be a good deal.

Well, I'm not totally postivie what you mean by that, but I'm hoping that it's got something more to it than just an adventure. This Annual has to be well worth the money to convince me to buy it.

So, you wouldn't want a pointless adventure that would just be too damn cool to pass up? Suppose this is the issue where the X-Men actually fight Apocolypse, though? Is that all right for you?

Goodwill said:
So, you wouldn't want a pointless adventure that would just be too damn cool to pass up?

I would have no problem with that. If they force themselves to come up with a big event for annuals, eventually it will catch up with them.

Waitaminute...............

Its been said A LOT that Bendis,Vaughn AND Millar have a big project planned for the end of the year-this is probably it.Vaughn on UXM,BMB on USM,
Millar on ???

I'm thinkin UFF since he'll be writing it at the time but maybe....

No, I seriously doubt there's going to be an Ultimates Annual. I think 30-some pages are enough for Hitch to handle, let along almost double that amount. I think, if Millar is in on this Annual fad too, he'll be doing one for the UFF.

Also, I wouldn't really mind seeing a pointless adventure either. Good point, E.

Goodwill said:
So, you wouldn't want a pointless adventure that would just be too damn cool to pass up? Suppose this is the issue where the X-Men actually fight Apocolypse, though? Is that all right for you?

No, that's too big. Apocolypse needs an arc/mini/crossover... you know one of those things. I'm expecting an Annual to have a revealation on a smaller scale. For example something about a character that's cool but doesn't have a huge impact on the title.

Oh, like, Colossus admitting he's a homosexual or something? ;) OR, could it be that Mr. Sinister admits that Apocolypse was all in his head?

Goodwill said:
OR, could it be that Mr. Sinister admits that Apocolypse was all in his head?

It's sad that it would take an special issue to convince these people. :twisted:

Goodwill said:
Oh, like, Colossus admitting he's a homosexual or something?
Actually that would be a good thing to happen, its interesting, it ties up hints and danglers but on the whole it probably won't greatly affect continuity. Sounds good to me.

Well, as much I would like to see a story based on Colossus, I don't think that would carry much of an issue... That's better left to someone else in the actual series than the Annual.

Now, piggy-backing on what we know may or may not happen in the UXM Annual, I'm going to guess that this Annual will follow Gambit and his "army of skeletons". I think that, like Cad said about Colossus' sexuality, this sort of story wouldn't take too much from continuity and could easily fit inside of a double-sized issue.

Goodwill said:
Well, as much I would like to see a story based on Colossus, I don't think that would carry much of an issue... That's better left to someone else in the actual series than the Annual.

Now, piggy-backing on what we know may or may not happen in the UXM Annual, I'm going to guess that this Annual will follow Gambit and his "army of skeletons". I think that, like Cad said about Colossus' sexuality, this sort of story wouldn't take too much from continuity and could easily fit inside of a double-sized issue.

Well regardless at least you agree on the idea of what should come with the Annual. I, too, was tossing around the idea of following Gambit. Or maybe it could deal with what happened a year after Beast's death. You all of have the general gist of that it shouldn't be something major but should definitely be something worth checking out.

Excellent, I'm clear on what you'd be satisfied with. Turns out, we want the same thing... Imagine that, MwoF! :)

I think that a Beast: Remembered story would be a great idea; better than the Gambit idea, I would think. Imagine if his death was just left as it is now... His character, in the long run, would be extremely insignificant and, for Beast, I wouldn't want that to happen. I think that it would be very cool to spotlight him in a story to commerate his life, which would be extremely appropriate at this point, especially for Storm, who flew off the handle with this whole Wolverine relationship thing...

Latest posts

Back