can you handle the challenge?

nigma said:
summer, SUMMER, SUMMER!!!!!!!, you can't wait that long, get it NOW!!!!!!!! :lol:

Hey, my "comic book money" is a little limited.

Nurhachi said:
:lol:AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA........heh

no

:lol: I suppose you never read the Carnage issue of Marvel/DC?

Patriot said:
:lol: I suppose you never read the Carnage issue of Marvel/DC?

I did actually :p That the one when he teams up with Joker. That was pretty cool. But there aint no way im gonna buy stuff from the DC universe. Not because its DC, but because i dont like the characters in there.

Nurhachi said:
I did actually :p That the one when he teams up with Joker. That was pretty cool. But there aint no way im gonna buy stuff from the DC universe. Not because its DC, but because i dont like the characters in there.

Twas.Tell ya what:If I can find a DC title I think you'd like,you buy an issue,and i'll try a comic of your choice.Whaddya say?

hmmmmmm........

ok im currently getting all ultimate titles, thunderbolts, avengers, exiles, astonishing x-men, all spidey titles, toxin and supreme power, so you know wat i like.

Ok deal!

What do you get?

Ok so wat one am i getting?

And what comics do you already get so i dont recommend one that you already have?

I hope Patriot makes Nur buy Superman or something... :D

nigma said:
have you gotten around to Spidy india yet Baxter? and CLEAN OUT YOUR PM BOX!!!!
PM box clean, but I can't find India around here. I told my LCS to order it for me, but he's notoriously bad about stuff like that. If it hasn't shown up in a few weeks I'm going to get it off Grasshoppers.

Nurhachi said:
hmmmmmm........

ok im currently getting all ultimate titles, thunderbolts, avengers, exiles, astonishing x-men, all spidey titles, toxin and supreme power, so you know wat i like.

Ok deal!

What do you get?

I read or have,at one point,read all of your books except Toxin so I'll pick that up.For you I think All-Star Batman And Robin#1(Frank Miller and Jim Lee,out in July) would be a good starting point.

OR

I'll pick up Toxin and the Venom Vs Carnage trades when Toxin comes out in tpb if you pick up two of these:

A)WE3(Grant Morrison and Frank Quitely) tpb.Its about$10,maybe less.The basic idea is:US military takes a dog,a cat and a rabbit,turns them into walking tanks/assassins,then the pets escape.Kicks ***** and it sounds like something you'd like.

B)Watchmen.Nuff' said.Keep reading til the end,even if you hate it.The ending makes the entire book,like Hush's last three parts.Until then its good,but after its amazing.

C)Batman:Year One(Frank Miller and David Mazzuchelli)The current origin for Batman.All-Star is gonna be an informal Year Two.Also its a great companion for Batman Begins,which sticks pretty closely to this.

I highly reccomend Year One and WE3,cuz Watchmen is pretty heavy at some parts.This ok with you?

Johnny Bravo said:
I read or have,at one point,read all of your books except Toxin so I'll pick that up.For you I think All-Star Batman And Robin#1(Frank Miller and Jim Lee,out in July) would be a good starting point.

OR

I'll pick up Toxin and the Venom Vs Carnage trades when Toxin comes out in tpb if you pick up two of these:

A)WE3(Grant Morrison and Frank Quitely) tpb.Its about$10,maybe less.The basic idea is:US military takes a dog,a cat and a rabbit,turns them into walking tanks/assassins,then the pets escape.Kicks ***** and it sounds like something you'd like.

B)Watchmen.Nuff' said.Keep reading til the end,even if you hate it.The ending makes the entire book,like Hush's last three parts.Until then its good,but after its amazing.

C)Batman:Year One(Frank Miller and David Mazzuchelli)The current origin for Batman.All-Star is gonna be an informal Year Two.Also its a great companion for Batman Begins,which sticks pretty closely to this.

I highly reccomend Year One and WE3,cuz Watchmen is pretty heavy at some parts.This ok with you?

Ok you get Toxin #1, 2 and 3 and i'll get all star batman #1, 2 and 3

I'll get WE3, but dont get Venom vs Carnage, its crap. Instead i'd recommend the Avengers Assemble TPB, which (i think) is the first however many issues of Avengers V3. I dont know how much it costs cuz i dont know how many issues it is, but its great. Written by Kurt Busiek and the art is by George Perez.

Sound like a deal?

Last edited:
Johnny Bravo said:
WE3(Grant Morrison and Frank Quitely) tpb.Its about$10,maybe less.The basic idea is:US military takes a dog,a cat and a rabbit,turns them into walking tanks/assassins,then the pets escape.Kicks ***** and it sounds like something you'd like.

I have the 1st issue, when it first came out. I didn't like it too much, it really creped me out in the 'this is what were doing and you don't know about it' vibe. (This is all coming from a guy that likes violence, ME)

Nurhachi said:

I'll get WE3, but dont get Venom vs Carnage, its crap. Instead i'd recommend the Avengers Assemble TPB, which (i think) is the first however many issues of Avengers V3. I dont know how much it costs cuz i dont know how many issues it is, but its great. Written by Kurt Busiek and the art is by George Perez.

Sound like a deal?

Just checked and Avengers Assemble is the price of 2 TPBs. So if you get that, i'll get WE3 and Batman Year One both.

Nurhachi said:

Sound like a deal?

Nurhachi said:
Just checked and Avengers Assemble is the price of 2 TPBs. So if you get that, i'll get WE3 and Batman Year One both.

Deal.I get paid on the 20th, so I'll pick 'em up then.Enjoy.

Nurhachi said:
You know Batman: Year One has a very handsome Hardcover Slipcase Edition that I'd take off you hands if you didn't enjoy it.......

nigma said:
I have the 1st issue, when it first came out. I didn't like it too much, it really creped me out in the 'this is what were doing and you don't know about it' vibe. (This is all coming from a guy that likes violence, ME)

Ah I loved it.Classic Morrison,just cutting loose on whatever he dreamed up on his last acid trip.The mini really picks up, ya should check it out.

Btw Nur, WE3 isn't based in the DCU, its off in its own little world.Just a great example of what DC can publish.

Johnny Bravo said:
Ah I loved it.Classic Morrison,just cutting loose on whatever he dreamed up on his last acid trip.The mini really picks up, ya should check it out.

Btw Nur, WE3 isn't based in the DCU, its off in its own little world.Just a great example of what DC can publish.

Ok, im going to town tomorrow so i'll at least get WE3. I'll get Batman: Year One if i have heaps of cash left.

Nurhachi said:
Ok, im going to town tomorrow so i'll at least get WE3. I'll get Batman: Year One if i have heaps of cash left.

Nur reading Batman....... :shock:

It's a little odd, but it's pretty cool that you're "broadening your horizens."

Btw, JB, do you think Nur would like Dark Knight Returns? If he likes Year One, I strongly suggest that he gets DKR as quickly as possible. Really.

Latest posts

Back