Coming in October: "Ultimate Power".

Bass said:
I like how Bendis thinks that crossing over 616 and UU is inherently a "disaster", but crossing over other universes is totally fine.

As if the idea is inherently bad.

Ah, I hate Bendis and Loeb and this crossover will be an unbelievable disaster. Can you imagine? Three issues of characters talking incessantly, stuttering and stammering and telling everyone what they're doing as they do it, then going crazy and attacking each other for no reason, and then them being saved by some kind of godlike entity. Then, the next three issues, all with the same characters, will have them all having huge narrations told from each character's point of view that explain their motivations whilst they now talk in cliches and never stutter, and at the same time, continually fill in plot holes that are big enough to drive the Triskelion through, whilst having inconsequential fights that start and stop with no explanation or are horrifcally over-explained because they don't make sense. And then, the final three issues have characters no longer narrate nor stutter, but instead they continually explain every single motivation and offhand phrase they say as well as how their world works in case we can't understand, then tell us the meaning of the story relentlessly in case we missed it, then take the origins of the characters involved and take them to their logical extreme making them completely unrecognisable to us.

God, I'm so predictable.

But here's the fun part! Which writer am I *****ing about? Who is the first three issues? Who's the second? And who's the third?

You get a no-prize if you get all three right! :D

god what a miserable frigger lol

Miserable?! I used a ":D" smilie? That means I'm happy!

Nono, you're right.

I am miserable.

:cry: :cry:

I'm so emo. :(

I love how Marvel assumes that we're not against the crossover of another universe just a crossover with more than one in less than a year. Zombie-verse was cool because it had everyone fooled and didn't promise long term remifications. This is just as bad as a 616 crossover and I love how the only reason I keep hearing is "It's already like an Ultimate Book" **** this...

i dunno why everyone is getting bent out of shape... the original squadrom existed in their own universe and crossed over to battle the avengers all those years ago...

the way i see it, this is just a more up to date version of it (afterall, the Ultimate universe IS recent/up to date and whatever way u look at it, the supreme power/new squadron universe is an Ultimised version of the old squadron).

either buy it or don't, simple as that! :lol:

Bass said:
Ah, I hate Bendis and Loeb and this crossover will be an unbelievable disaster. Can you imagine? Three issues of characters talking incessantly, stuttering and stammering and telling everyone what they're doing as they do it, then going crazy and attacking each other for no reason, and then them being saved by some kind of godlike entity. Then, the next three issues, all with the same characters, will have them all having huge narrations told from each character's point of view that explain their motivations whilst they now talk in cliches and never stutter, and at the same time, continually fill in plot holes that are big enough to drive the Triskelion through, whilst having inconsequential fights that start and stop with no explanation or are horrifcally over-explained because they don't make sense. And then, the final three issues have characters no longer narrate nor stutter, but instead they continually explain every single motivation and offhand phrase they say as well as how their world works in case we can't understand, then tell us the meaning of the story relentlessly in case we missed it, then take the origins of the characters involved and take them to their logical extreme making them completely unrecognisable to us

[internal thought bubble] You always liked mint chocolate chip ice cream, Captain America. I never get you [/internal thought bubble]

[internal thought bubble] That's classic Thor, always eating butter pecan. We're so different, yet we have the same goals. [/internal thought bubble]

Ahem, anyway. Yeah, don't forget that there's going to be a different villain showing up every issue, for no discernable reason.

Zombipanda said:
Ahem, anyway. Yeah, don't forget that there's going to be a different villain showing up every issue, for no discernable reason.

I really hope one of them is Stilt-Man :p.

Zombipanda said:
[internal thought bubble] You always liked mint chocolate chip ice cream, Captain America. I never get you [/internal thought bubble]

[internal thought bubble] That's classic Thor, always eating butter pecan. We're so different, yet we have the same goals. [/internal thought bubble]

:lol:

okay, being unwilling to read through the pages upon pages of stuff here, I just wanted to post my idea... Because I think I just realized a way that the Ultimate Power crossover will leave a character displaced, and actually manage to make both universes more interesting...

Dr. Emil Burbank being left in the Ultimate Universe.

A purely american supergenius with his own agenda would allow for a great number of new storylines, perhaps within The Ultimates or Ultimate Fantastic Four, while also removing the rediculous future he has on his plate as "Master Menace" in the Supremeverse. I don't think Master Menace has any place in the issues of Squadron Supreme to come, as its clear that Nighthawk needs to become the primary adversary to the squadron by dissenting to their ideals.

I dunno. I would be very happy if that was what happened.

Ultimate Houde said:
But who could possibly be left in the Supreme universe?

Geldoff.

I am a genius.

Ultimate Houde said:

I thought only one person was going to be stranded, and another killed/maimed/crippled....

Ultimate Houde said:

I thought only one person was going to be stranded, and another killed/maimed/crippled....

E said:
Geldoff.

I am a genius.

I can see it now....

Bendis: And you guys thought I forgot about Geldoff, hells no, I always had in mind I was going to put him in the Supreme universe.

DSF said:

Oh, I didn't bother to read the entire thing, I figured one from each universe.

DSF said:

Post count +1

Latest posts

Back