Cool games for the iPod, iPhone, and iPad

Do you have the newer model with the camera? It's great using the augmented reality setting.

Nope, never mind. Can't DL it because I found out it only works on the newer 4G iPhones and iPads. IPod (Touch) is a no-go for that one.

However, instead, I got my SW fix by DLing The Battle for Hoth, a cool little, top down strategic army builder game. Lots of fun so far.

Hey guys,
I'm looking in getting an iPad, most likely without 3G. I just don't know if I should get the 64GB or just get the 16GB. How many apps/games can you store on it?

Well, I bought the 8GB iPod Touch, and I really wish I'd gone for the 16 or 32 GB model. The extra space really does come in handy, especially if you like to watch vids on it as Jaggyd said.

I was planning on streaming movies to the iPad using air video server since most of the movies are in BDMV folders or in 1080P mkv's. The mkv's will fit on the 16GB iPad but I don't think they are supported natively by the iPad.

I was planning on streaming movies to the iPad using air video server since most of the movies are in BDMV folders or in 1080P mkv's. The mkv's will fit on the 16GB iPad but I don't think they are supported natively by the iPad.

Sadly no. Currently only MOV and MP4/M4V are supported natively.

Nope, never mind. Can't DL it because I found out it only works on the newer 4G iPhones and iPads. IPod (Touch) is a no-go for that one.

Are you sure it doesn't just require 4.x firmware?

Natively, no, but there are a couple of apps that allow you to play them. Unfortunately neither the iPad nor not even the iPhone 4 have the processing pwoer/memory to play 720p+ MKVs. Standard def video plays fine.

Are you sure it doesn't just require 4.x firmware?

Natively, no, but there are a couple of apps that allow you to play them. Unfortunately neither the iPad nor not even the iPhone 4 have the processing pwoer/memory to play 720p+ MKVs. Standard def video plays fine.

Yeah... I have already stored my HDDVD's as 1080P mkv's and my blu-ray's as 1080P BDMV's. That's why I'm planning to use AVS (air video server) to transcode on the fly from my media server to the ipad. AVS is an app on the ipad/iphone but it is also installed on your computer/server to do the transcoding. That would be the easiest way to stream to the ipad for me instead of re-ripping them into a suitable container.

Latest posts

Back