DC Extended Universe / DC Universe - Timeline

Do we know which movies are canon to the DCU?
From prior? I know James Gunn said:
  1. The Suicide Squad (2021)
  2. Peacemaker
  3. Blue Beetle
  4. Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom (???)
  5. The Flash - bridges to the DCU somehow (I guess Clooney is not really Bruce Wayne?)
  6. The Wonder Woman films (?????????)
  7. Aquaman (by assumption if the 2nd film is canon)
*100% confirmed
*TBD based on Gunn's tricky wording
*Rumored

And no, the Gal Gadot thing was NOT disconfirmed. Gunn NEVER disproved it.
Watch BobaTalks' video covering that. The direct source of that claim literally said themselves "Well our sources" said, and websites with it for their narrative. HE SAID SHE SAID basically.

At least 2 movies and 1 TV show confirmed, maybe 6-7 movies at most. (WW84 is super iffy though if Gal Gadot IS coming back.)

IMO: The Shazam movies could easily carry over, maybe Birds of Prey if Margot Robbie stays, MAYBE Black Adam gets heavily altered timeline-wise to where they can recast The Rock, everything else is erased.

From prior? I know James Gunn said:
  1. The Suicide Squad (2021)
  2. Peacemaker
  3. Blue Beetle
  4. Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom (???)
  5. The Flash - bridges to the DCU somehow (I guess Clooney is not really Bruce Wayne?)
  6. The Wonder Woman films (?????????)
  7. Aquaman (by assumption if the 2nd film is canon)
*100% confirmed
*TBD based on Gunn's tricky wording
*Rumored

And no, the Gal Gadot thing was NOT disconfirmed. Gunn NEVER disproved it.
Watch BobaTalks' video covering that. The direct source of that claim literally said themselves "Well our sources" said, and websites with it for their narrative. HE SAID SHE SAID basically.

At least 2 movies and 1 TV show confirmed, maybe 6-7 movies at most. (WW84 is super iffy though if Gal Gadot IS coming back.)

IMO: The Shazam movies could easily carry over, maybe Birds of Prey if Margot Robbie stays, MAYBE Black Adam gets heavily altered timeline-wise to where they can recast The Rock, everything else is erased.
Actually none of the films will be canon from what I've heard of, they will use similar characters and elements but they won't be canon at all, like Burton's Batman films for The Flash

exactly, gunn described the dceu films as "rough dreams" of what has happened in the past of the dc universe, i'm imagining that when it comes to projects like peacemaker and waller they'll vaguely reference whatever they want to from the past while ignoring what they dont

If Jason Momoa is still Aquaman and not Lobo, I don't see why the DCU can't be Post-Flashpoint DCEU, possibly even that Barry changed the timeline after meeting Clooney and the only scene set in the new DCEU/DCU is the post-credits scene in The Flash (Unless they change Barry's actor)

The Suicide Squad and Peacemaker S1 aren't set in the DCU timeline but the events from those stories occur in the new timeline pretty much exactly as we saw, so they're virtually part of the DCU even if they're not strictly canon.

How far are we taking "canon"?
Star Wars canon itself is full of retcons and reinterpreted events.

I look at things prior in a similar sense. Obviously not the same timeline as the DCU but barely much has changed for certain films.

See this is what separates DC canon from Marvel canon.

DC canon is malleable. Peacemaker's events still happened but Ezra Miller wasn't the Flash anymore went sh-ttalking Aquaman in that one scene.
Aquaman could have happened the exact same way but no mention of Steppenwolf ever occurred now.

To say NOTHING prior is canon is bullsh-t and unfounded.
Sorry guys, you're not getting your complete DC film reboot. Stay whelmed.

Last edited:
I've seen James Gunn's comments about canon and my point still stands.

If anything he is referring to CURRENT canon. Like, this is cemented from here on out.

I love how these news media sites now trying to BACKTRACK on this and create more discourse and speculation. Totally psycho stuff.

This is why I hate the Internet and what it does to people. It either turns them into hive-minded floating TikTok heads who spread their bias-take conspiracies around - or you can get people in trouble for allegations not proven in a court of law. (i.e. Jonathan Majors and Ezra Miller) - and even just saying that isn't a defense, but you'll still be accused of that and they will label you as something awful.

Not to get political, but maybe there needs to be Internet regulations. If they're not looking up anything illegal, I don't see why certain YouTubers are so against registering for such a thing.

At this point: Either look at the facts, develop common sense, stay neutral or stay the hell off the World Wide Web.
Daniel Radcliffe had the right idea.

Last edited:
Not to get political, but maybe there needs to be Internet regulations. If they're not looking up anything illegal, I don't see why certain YouTubers are so against registering for such a thing.

At this point: Either look at the facts, develop common sense, stay neutral or stay the hell off the World Wide Web.
The problem is, whoever is in power gets to decide what content then gets regulated. Humans are biased as we all know. So if conservatives are in power, they'll regulate things to make all left-leaning content silenced. The same goes for the left. If liberals are in charge, they'll just suppress and "regulate" all conservative content and write it off as nonsense. The better option is to allow freedom, this includes the freedom to spread misinfo (intentionally or not). I prefer a world where I have the freedom to express what I want without a Gov telling me what I can and can't say.

Last edited:
I love how these news media sites now trying to BACKTRACK on this and create more discourse and speculation. Totally psycho stuff.

This is why I hate the Internet and what it does to people. It either turns them into hive-minded floating TikTok heads who spread their bias-take conspiracies around - or you can get people in trouble for allegations not proven in a court of law. (i.e. Jonathan Majors and Ezra Miller) - and even just saying that isn't a defense, but you'll still be accused of that and they will label you as something awful.

I'm not familiar with the Jonathan Majors allegations, but the Ezra Miller ones are wild and you just can't make all that stuff up. Even if half of the things are false, the other half more than makes up for how shitty a person he is.

I'm not familiar with the Jonathan Majors allegations, but the Ezra Miller ones are wild and you just can't make all that stuff up. Even if half of the things are false, the other half more than makes up for how shitty a person he is.
I'm not going to get too far into this Ezra debate, but I'll put it this way: There is a LOT of conflicting info on all counts from different people involved, including from Ezra's side. They did plead guilty to theft, that I recall, but compared to the other allegations ...(which I can't assume are true or false.)

You'd be surprised how complicated situations can become especially if you are/were a celebrity that's constantly out in public with legitimate mental health issues, or in certain other cases around people with that. Don't take that as a defense, take that as my neutral stance on this.

The problem is, whoever is in power gets to decide what content then gets regulated. Humans are biased as we all know. So if conservatives are in power, they'll regulate things to make all left-leaning content silenced. The same goes for the left. If liberals are in charge, they'll just suppress and "regulate" all conservative content and write it off as nonsense. The better option is to allow freedom, this includes the freedom to spread misinfo (intentionally or not). I prefer a world where I have the freedom to express what I want without a Gov telling me what I can and can't say.
I get that, 100%. Human nature is an enigma of hypocrisy and bias.

But still, I don't want to look up some nostalgic show of mine on YouTube and find disgusting hentai memes that aren't age-restricted. That's damaging and objectively proven to create bad influences. Just as another example.

I get that, 100%. Human nature is an enigma of hypocrisy and bias.

But still, I don't want to look up some nostalgic show of mine on YouTube and find disgusting hentai memes that aren't age-restricted. That's damaging and objectively proven to create bad influences. Just as another example.
The internet is the modern day wild west, that's for sure.

See what I meant earlier? More flippin' gossip and allegations.
BTW it's Amber Heard coming up with those for Jason Momoa.

This whole actor drama back-and-forth is why I'm hesitant to even take every allegation about Ezra Miller seriously.
God freakin' damn, DC has the worst bad luck of no fault of their own (for the most part).

Latest posts

Back