DC Extended Universe / DC Universe - Timeline

Welp that settles it.

Not only is this not DCEU, but I guess live-action DC multiverse's Eclipso did in fact die via becoming toast on Earth-2 lol.
Not really. That is the weirdest conclusion one could have. I'd sooner accept MKvDC being an Injustice prequel. The only reason why the wiki thinks this is because Peacemaker is a DC character, not because of any ACTUAL connection.

So when fighting games have one ending for each character that contradict each other are we assuming that they are alternate universes? Because then, there is like 20+ alternate Injustice Universes and THAT doesn't fit into the unrevealed New 52 Multiverse Earths in any way, no matter how you put it.

So when fighting games have one ending for each character that contradict each other are we assuming that they are alternate universes?
Yes. All of these are divergent timelines. All officially licenced fiction is valid and fits somewhere, whether by itself or in a specific multiverse it doesn't matter.

Because then there is like 20+ alternate Injustice Universes and THAT doesn't fit into the New 52 Multiverse in any way
They are all valid universes. Heck, there was a sequel comic to Injustice 2's bad ending that was connected to He-Man. Also, there's way more than 52 worlds in the DC Multiverse right now.

So when fighting games have one ending for each character that contradict each other are we assuming that they are alternate universes? Because then, there is like 20+ alternate Injustice Universes and THAT doesn't fit into the unrevealed New 52 Multiverse Earths in any way, no matter how you put it.
This is essentially my take. It's elseworlds/hypertime.

The point here, is that it's either a variant DCEU or it is the DCEU Peacemaker. It is NOT the MKvDC version of the character. That makes no sense.
Hypertime is essentially the Omniverse as a whole within and at times outside of any multiverse in DC canon.
It's basically just an excuse to keep non-canon stuff relevant but I wouldn't consider adding this.

I know, but Earth-49 in the New 52 comics (when they were only 52 Earths) was an Injustice Earth and I just assumed it was THE Injustice Earth, but I guess it was only one of the Injustice Earths
Earth-49 is only officially Injustice in the Dark Crisis multiverse, where there are virtually infinite worlds. It was an unknown world in the New 52 multiverse. Also, there's two worlds in the Injustice game. What Earth does the "good" one fit in?

Earth-49 is only officially Injustice in the Dark Crisis multiverse, where there are virtually infinite worlds. It was an unknown world in the New 52 multiverse. Also, there's two worlds in the Injustice game. What Earth does the "good" one fit in?
In other of the unknown worlds

In fiction, I generally follow certain rules when deciding what is canon.

Canon rules:
  1. All officially licenced material made to fit within a universe is canon.
  2. If it is contradicted by a higher form of media (the main media of whatever universe it is), then it is non-canon.
  3. If it is stated non-canon by a proper source, then it is non-canon (except in rare instances).
  4. Parodies are most likely non-canon due to their nature. It has to be intended to fit within said universe.
  5. If it is only connected by easter eggs, it is most likely non-canon unless there is some clear intent.
So, let's apply this logic in some other places, right? Including some crossovers.

X-Men: Days of Future Past: The Rogue Cut (to X-Men)
-contradicts Apocalypse.
-stated non-canon officially.
Ruling: NON-CANON

Dead by Daylight Saw Chapter (to Saw)
-Audio set within the existing Saw timeline and builds on it.
-Officially licenced by rights holders.
Ruling: CANON

Spider-Man: The New Animated Series (to Spider-Man 2002-2007)
-Spider-Man 2 contradicts it.
-It is given a separate reality number.

Blade Runner (to AVP)
-Shared props.
-Easter eggs.
-Not licenced by rights holders.
-Easter eggs confirmed to be a joke.
-Somewhat approved by director but not really.

Stranger Things x Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (to ST)
-Made to fit into established timeline of the show.
-Doesn't contradict.
-Leads on from S2, leads into S3.
Ruling: CANON (might be canon to the Mirage TMNT comics)

Justice League vs Godzilla vs Kong (to MonsterVerse)
-Multiversal, so fits into established timeline of the films.
-Doesn't contradict.
-Stated to be part of the MonsterVerse.

Watch_Dogs (to Assassin's Creed)
-Fits into the timeline.
-Crossover characters.
-Stated non-canon by rights holders.
Ruling: NON-CANON (canon if not for idiotic statements)

Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (to Marvel Cinematic Universe)
-Stated canon.
-Stated non-canon (unreliably by Gunn, XD).
-Fits into established timeline.
-Doesn't contradict.
-Is referenced by other media that is confirmed canon, as well as reference sites.
-Has character crossovers.

Fortnite (to everything)
-Officially licenced.
-No story to most appearances.
Ruling: NON-CANON (except with story-based content, I'd say they're all variants. You can't fit something on a timeline if it doesn't even exist.)

So, let's apply these rules to Mortal Kombat 1.

Peacemaker DLC (to DCEU)
-References The Suicide Squad and Peacemaker events.
-Is voiced by John Cena.
-Doesn't contradict the DCEU and, likely, never will.
-Is officially licenced by rights holders.
Ruling: CANON*
*Most MK endings aren't necessarily canon, so this could be discounted.

This are just my own reasons on how I consider things by the way. Not everyone has to follow it, but it's how I think.

You don't have to include it on the timeline of course. The very nature of it is understandably ambiguous and it could just as easily be a variant of the DCEU. I just wouldn't be so quick to throw on a Hypertime explanation when there is no reason to think that that is the official reasoning. You could throw that explanation on literally every piece of media ever, including direct sequels. Makes more sense to call it an alternate universe with a similar history at that point.

My main issue is the random acceptance of it being connected to MKvDC due to some fan wiki to be honest. That was pretty silly.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back