DC Extended Universe / DC Universe - Timeline

WTF I missed one and the prices on eBay are INSANE

I'm sure you all heard the news.

I'm sure things like Man of Steel, BvS and Justice League will be "undone" by The Flash movie while things like Suicide Squad, Shazam, Aquaman and MAYBE Wonder Woman (they said the OG plans for the 3rd film isn't happening, nothing about Gal Gadot leaving yet) remain in a slightly different way. As long as those still have impact in hindsight for future stories, like how it affects Barry Allen from experience, I'll go with it.

As for Superman, I saw this coming. They're going make it to where he became Supes around 2001 or so and detail his new history from there. Younger actor, better prepared by 2013, and probably will somewhat resemble Henry Cavill but it won't be him. He just ages slower this time around, I dunno. I'd rather they have it where he's Superman earlier in the timeline and just doesn't look the same rather than be younger by 2022.

As for The Batman, it's not in the same universe. That's the Earth-2 to DCU's Earth-1. They may meet at some point thus important to their plans but that's about it.

Last edited:
Was just reading the DCEU wiki timeline.

In The Suicide Squad, while the executioner who was torturing Harley Quinn is chatting, the date "lunes, 17 de agosto de 2020" can be read, placing that day on Monday August 17, 2020. The filming of The Suicide Squad was between September 2019 and February 2020, so the date of August 2020 could have been placed purposely since it is not a filming date.
Shortly after the arrival of the second group of Task Force X on Corto Maltese, a banner of "3 days ago" is displayed when Amanda Waller blackmails Bloodsport and he agrees reluctantly to join Task Force X, dating this day on August 12, 2020.
Two days before Harley's torture and Starro's battle, dated on August 17, 2020, occurred the deployment of Task Force X in Corto Maltese and its subsequent confrontation on the beach, placing it on August 15, 2020. The day Harley was captured and the squad met Sol Soria and kidnapped Thinker, the next day, would be dated on August 16, 2020.

Was just reading the DCEU wiki timeline.

In The Suicide Squad, while the executioner who was torturing Harley Quinn is chatting, the date "lunes, 17 de agosto de 2020" can be read, placing that day on Monday August 17, 2020. The filming of The Suicide Squad was between September 2019 and February 2020, so the date of August 2020 could have been placed purposely since it is not a filming date.
Shortly after the arrival of the second group of Task Force X on Corto Maltese, a banner of "3 days ago" is displayed when Amanda Waller blackmails Bloodsport and he agrees reluctantly to join Task Force X, dating this day on August 12, 2020.
Two days before Harley's torture and Starro's battle, dated on August 17, 2020, occurred the deployment of Task Force X in Corto Maltese and its subsequent confrontation on the beach, placing it on August 15, 2020. The day Harley was captured and the squad met Sol Soria and kidnapped Thinker, the next day, would be dated on August 16, 2020.
Yeah I saw that on his phone but it's barely visible.

The Flash had a leaked teaser with concept art of the multiverse that included Reeve's Superman, Reeves' Superman (?), Bale's Batman and Pattinson's Batman (?).

I think Man of Steel, BvS, and JL (BOTH versions, but mainly the Snyder Cut) will no longer be canon in Gunn's new DCU. Also any scene that referenced events and details from those in other films just never happened in the new timeline. Everything else is not too different.

That's my guess. I am not thinking hard reboot like many people are concerned about. The new Superman film might be taking place in the early 2000s for all we know, and we get a younger guy playing Superman.

James Gunn's DC Universe Slate
Creature Commandos
Waller
Superman: Legacy
Lanterns
The Authority
Paradise Lost
The Brave and the Bold
The Batman Part II
Booster Gold
Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow
Swamp Thing

So everything will be not-canon in James Gunn's DCU except The Suicide Squad and Peacemaker?

Not quite. Everything that has released so far is the DCEU. After The Flash, the timeline is changed into the DCU.

The Suicide Squad and Peacemaker are obviously DCEU. They released before The Flash and show the Justice League with Henry Cavill. It also ties into Black Adam.

After The Flash, similar events to The Suicide Squad and Peacemaker happen. It is NOT the version you saw, but an incredibly similar version. Apparently the same applies to Wonder Woman, as Paradise Lost is a "prequel" to the Wonder Woman films. Obviously it isn't exactly a prequel because those are DCEU, but similar events took place.

Think of how Crisis on Infinite Earths changed the Arrowverse timeline from Earth-1 into Earth-Prime. The previous series basically happened but NOT the version you saw.

Blue Beatle and Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom are both set in the DCU.

Also, that's the wrong definition of canon. All the films are canon. They're all part of the story. They're all necessary to understand the future James Gunn films.

Reactions: Dok
Ooh okay!

So Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom is a sequel to a version of Aquaman (2018 movie), but not exactly that movie?

Indeed. Basically the exact same thing happened to the point where they can reference that movie and it makes sense, but they're different timelines.

Reactions: Dok
So, when does the next DCEU/DCU movie get released?
I am asking because there are so many big dramas in this shared universe that I just wait until the movies came out and don't trust anything pre-release knowing that they are just going to change everything in the last minute

I know it's a random tweet but since Blue Beetle and Aquaman 2 are pre-Gunn era, maybe the movies take place before The Flash so they are still DCEU?
Because in the video, James Gunn said that the Superman movie will be the "true beginning of the DCU" o_O

Latest posts

Back