DC Extended Universe / DC Universe - Timeline

Wow. I'm pretty much the opposite. I've rewatched the first three episodes already just for kicks. To each their own though.
I do hate that they keep name-dropping DC characters though. Certain characters the show is making canon don't belong in the DCEU.
Im really enjoying it but its carrying on this trend in the DCEU that irritates the continuity nerd in me.

Basically, Whenever I watch a DCEU movie or tv show it always feels like there is a LOT we don't get to see. Particularly with the Suicide Squad movies it just feels like there is a world of characters almost as large as there is in the comics. Like, Peacemaker is heavily implying that there are enough superheroes that even D-listers like Peacemaker are running into other heroes on a semi-regular basis and police treat superheroes as an everyday nuisance.

Meanwhile we the audience know nothing about how this world developed. Like we've gone from Superman's first adventure in 2013 apparently having an entire subculture of heroes and villains within less than a decade. Hell, we dont even know what superman has been up to most of that time, but Mongal is running around so I guess the "Warworld" storyline has happened.

Don't get me wrong, when I watch these movies on an individual basis I can really appreciate them, but when I try to approach them as a shared universe I feel like i'm reading a book with 80% of the pages torn out

Im really enjoying it but its carrying on this trend in the DCEU that irritates the continuity nerd in me.

Basically, Whenever I watch a DCEU movie or tv show it always feels like there is a LOT we don't get to see. Particularly with the Suicide Squad movies it just feels like there is a world of characters almost as large as there is in the comics. Like, Peacemaker is heavily implying that there are enough superheroes that even D-listers like Peacemaker are running into other heroes on a semi-regular basis and police treat superheroes as an everyday nuisance.

Meanwhile we the audience know nothing about how this world developed. Like we've gone from Superman's first adventure in 2013 apparently having an entire subculture of heroes and villains within less than a decade. Hell, we dont even know what superman has been up to most of that time, but Mongal is running around so I guess the "Warworld" storyline has happened.

Don't get me wrong, when I watch these movies on an individual basis I can really appreciate them, but when I try to approach them as a shared universe I feel like i'm reading a book with 80% of the pages torn out
Exactly how I feel. Maybe it's just where the MCU has more content and is much more cohesive. But with the DCEU it feels scattered and that there's a lot of stuff going on that the audience is missing.

And yeah, watching BvS for the first time, they made it seem like metahumans were more of a newer concept within the general public mainly thanks to Superman. However, stuff like the Suicide Squad-related stuff makes it seem like there's a ton of enhanced characters out there who I'm sure has been around longer than Superman revealed himself under a decade prior. I guess it's just what happens when you don't have a Kevin Feige overseeing everything.

The Peacemaker ep 4 flashbacks of the dad being crappy and the dead bro were so brief I'm wondering if we'll get full scenes with those bits incorporated.

If that's the case, and episode 5-8 has those extended, I'll remove the timestamps from episode 4 and take those as internal thoughts like the Rick Flagg bit.

The scene in ZS's JL where Diana is looking at Silas Stone's recent activity logs (right before Cyborg hacks the Bat computer) has a date of July 2017.

Maybe I can bump Aquaman to 2018.

So, a simple order would be something like this?

Wonder Woman
Wonder Woman 1984

Man of Steel
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
Suicide Squad
Justice League (Whedon-Verse)
Zack Snyder's Justice League

Aquaman
SHAZAM!
Arrow 8x08 "Crisis on Infinitie Earths: Part Four" (Speed Force)
Birds of Prey (and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn)
The Suicide Squad
Peacemaker

Black Adam**
The Flash**
Aquaman & The Lost Kingdom**
Batgirl**

Last edited:
So, a simple order would be something like this?

Wonder Woman
Wonder Woman 1984

Man of Steel
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
Suicide Squad
Justice League (Whedon-Verse)
Zack Snyder's Justice League

Aquaman
SHAZAM!
Arrow 8x08 "Crisis on Infinitie Earths: Part Four" (Pre-Crisis Earth-1)
Birds of Prey (and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn)
The Suicide Squad
Peacemker

Black Adam**
The Flash**
Aquaman & The Lost Kingdom**
Batgirl**
Arrow 8x08 "Crisis on Infinitie Earths: Part Four" [Speedforce], even.

Also, His dad could be awaiting his trial. They're holding him now based on evidence and are just waiting on sentencing. I'm not 100% on how the US judicial system works. Or how it works within the DCEU.

Serving Up Justice Final issue has been released. Once again, nothing contradictory.

Like I said before, it can fit in well like this:
????

Serving Up Justice #1
Serving Up Justice #2
[Wonderous Serena's Universe]
Serving Up Justice #3
Serving Up Justice #4
[Wonderous Serena's Universe]

Oh, on another note, I don't really agree with placing Peacemaker and The Suicide Squad in their release dates (unless there's evidence - if there is I apologise). It's too speculative in my opinion. Just my take anyway.

Last edited:
I don't really agree with placing Peacemaker and The Suicide Squad in their release dates (unless there's evidence - if there is I apologise). It's too speculative in my opinion. Just my take anyway.
Well, there were 5 months between The Suicide Squad's release and Peacemaker's premiere on HBO Max, there were 5 months chronologically between The Suicide Squad's post-credits and Peacemaker 1x01, i don't think that's there any problem

Well, there were 5 months between The Suicide Squad's release and Peacemaker's premiere on HBO Max, there were 5 months chronologically between The Suicide Squad's post-credits and Peacemaker 1x01, i don't think that's there any problem
That's not an in-universe indication. That's assumption, and nothing in-universe supports those specific dates.

And that's the whole point of having "????".

That's not an in-universe indication. That's assumption, and nothing in-universe supports those specific dates.

I know, but i don't think it was a coincidence releasing The Suicide Squad and premiering Peacemaker with 5 moths of difference, but i not discard that in the final episodes of Peacemaker they give us a date, or at least a month and year

I mean if there's nothing contradictory I don't see an issue with having it take place around its release. Filming even began in January 2021. So, it fits. Unless otherwise stated, I think it's best to assume a show/movie is happening as close to the present-day as possible.

Latest posts

Back