DC Nation

It was an interesting twist, though with no rhyme or reason (that we know of) that caused the transformation to happen.

And she looks like her Amaglam character.

Eh. I'm honestly kind of ambivalent to the JMS direction so far. There's nothing yet to distinguish it as anything more than generic urban fantasy featuring Wonder Woman. It might be good, but there's nothing really to distinguish that yet.

The Amanda Conner story was great though.

It kinda seems like such a skew take on Wonder woman. I feel like rather than being a definitive run, it's going to end up as something kinda like Red Son - not really in line with the typical elements that make Wonder woman special

It kinda seems like such a skew take on Wonder woman. I feel like rather than being a definitive run, it's going to end up as something kinda like Red Son - not really in line with the typical elements that make Wonder woman special

Just out of curiosity, what do you consider the elements that make Wonder Woman?

I was just trying to say how her home environment isn't going to be the same for this story as it is in the others. Changing the origin to make the amazons exist in a shadow world, between the cracks, it's like making Superman Russian, or changing Krypton into Earth 2511. I'm not saying it can't tell a good Superman story, or even show what makes the character inspirational.

But there's no way the Red son superman would be able to replace the DCU one, I guess that's what I'm thinking here with this wonder woman. But I might be wrong, I'm going to delay judgement until we're further in, see how it's handled.

There was a lengthy discussion on WW here a while back - i might go dig up that thread..

Why isn't this a real comic?

tumblr_l5gvq0u2pk1qzla78o1_400.jpg

Whose the person in the middle?

And I would have them be dimensional jumping heroes. Or maybe a story happening in different worlds, that eventually interconnects.

David Finch to write and draw Batman: The Dark Knight. I've never really been a fan of Finch but that page looks great. However, the best part of the announcement is that Morrison/Finch are doing a one shot called Batman: The Return in October. Bruce Wayne is almost here!

Also, Paul Cornell is writing a mini about the Knight and the Squire.

Last edited:
Can someone esplain this to me? Batwoman: Elegy came out last week, yet The Question: Pipeline doesn't come out till February 2011??

Latest posts

Back