DC: One Year Later discussion (Spoilers!)

Baxter said:
Hrmmm... Intresting

Indeed. He had to call Supergirl in, because it seems he can't do anything more. He gets punched in the face and blood pours out. He gets punched in the ribs, and they break.

Superman's not so invulnerable now, is he?

Ultimate Quicksilver said:
I liked Nightwing and I really want to know why he's not with Barbara and what happened between him and Batman.

Me too. I'm interested to see how it plays out.

Birds Of Prey was good. I interested to see how Canary got where she is and why Shiva is one of them. It's also cool to see the Society is still around. The Shiva-Croc fight was killer.

Superman was great. It's awesome that Supergirl is the hero now and Luthor is trying to come back to Lexcorp.

So it's now Birds Of Prey, Detective Comics/Batman, Superman/Action Comics, Nightwing, Aquaman and Outsiders.

Maybe just maybe Firestorm. But I doubt it.

Last edited:
So far, I'm collecting Outsiders, Detective Comics, Superman, and Birds of Prey. I'll try the next issue of Nightwing and Firestorm, but if they're bad, they're gone.

And Aquaman, Blood of the Demon and JSA are all gone already.

I just read Green Arrow. Awesome. Another book to my list.

ProjectX2 said:
I just read Green Arrow. Awesome. Another book to my list.

Green Arrow was great. I liked how Brick is a good guy. Brick rocks and I love the glue arrow. In their first fight Green Arrow shoved a glue arrow down his throat. And DEATHSTROKE!

Ultimate Quicksilver said:
I liked Nightwing and I really want to know why he's not with Barbara and what happened between him and Batman.

Yeah, the Barbara thing confuses me as well...

I hope she at least had a little Grayson-Baby, before they split up.

I'm sorry, maybe I misread Nightwing, but I was pretty sure that was Jason Todd in bed.

The hair on Dick is different than the Nightwing/Dickwe'd seen all issue.

I think Jason Todd is not only posing as Nightwing, but as Dick Grayson as well.

Dick (the real one) says that everyone thinks they are dead in Outsiders. So maybe all the heroes know that Jason is posing as Dick, but they think that Dick is dead, outside of the Bat-crew, and the Outsiders team. And Superman. He knows all.

The Other theory is that Dick Grayson disbanded the Outsiders and Jason Todd restarted it under the guise of Dick.

It's been announced on Newsarama and several other places that the Nightwing in Outsiders is DEFINITELY Dick Grayson, abd Jason Todd is going to be a driving force in the Nightwing monthly.

Hrm... that's too bad.

They seem to have Jason's character all wrong, but I'll keep on reading.

I'm suddenly interested in picking up last week's Green Arrow...

This week I loved:

Supergirl and the Legion of Super-Heroes (although the implications of the last panel scare me. I'm hoping Kara is just adjusting poorly to the world around her)

Robin (see the separate thread)

Detective Comics (it looks like I'm going to be picking up a good deal of the Batman titles now... I'm especially looking forward to Geoff Johns taking charge)

I'm picking up:

-Birds of Prey (yeah...it's a chick comic)
-Teen Titans (I've a feeling Conner hasn't survived the Crisis)
-Outsiders (I'm loving the ATeam vibe)
-Batman & Detective (I'm waiting with baited breath for the Morrison run on Batman)
-Shadowpact (hehe...Detective Chimp)
-Checkmate (I'm hoping it'll be the next Suicide Squad)
-52 (duh)
-Seven Soldiers (mmmm Zatanna goodness)
-Green Lantern Corps (yay, Skotti loveses aliens)
-Supergirl & LoSh (I hope it sucks less than Supergirl)
-Batwoman (my guess, either Cassie Cain or Montoya)
-Wonder Woman (Allan Heinberg + The Dodsons = heaven)

and the TWO...count 'em TWO...Capt Marvel Minis!!
(I've seen some of the leaked pages for Jeff Smith's Shazam book *droool*)

here's hope that Mary will be the new Cap, Freddie'll be dead and Adam...well he'll remain a badass.

Last edited:
Good picks, Skotti...

I'm pretty much getting the same, only toss in Robin...

And I'm getting a "Conner won't survive" vibe as well... Especially now that he's planting babies in Wonder Girl.

Two Captain Marvel minis? I know about the Jeff Smith one but whats the other?

I fear for Conner Kent, but I really hope he makes it.

Baxter said:
Two Captain Marvel minis? I know about the Jeff Smith one but whats the other?

I fear for Conner Kent, but I really hope he makes it.

There's going to be a new Power of SHAZAM! miniseries that spins out of the DCU: Brave New World one-shot.

Dr.Strangefate said:
There's going to be a new Power of SHAZAM! miniseries that spins out of the DCU: Brave New World one-shot.
Oh cool. Hope it does well enough to get an ongoing. The Marvels are DCs great unused treasure.

Even if they're getting 2 minis.

With one just concluded.

And have had characters regularly appear in JSA, Hawkman, Teen Titans, and The Outsiders.

Hell, I just want a Shazam monthly. Is that too much to ask?

The old Power of SHAZAM! series didn't have enough of a reader-base, but to be fair, that was before the characters became such an integral part of the DC Universe.

If you're a Capt Marvel fan, pick up the First Thunder mini. Winnick has a great handle on the big red cheese.

Latest posts

Back