DC TV Shows (Non-Arrowverse) Timelines (v2.0)

When would the soft events of V for Vendetta play out in the Gotham timeline?

Interesting how the ghoul in the black & white part in the trailer (I assume that's Purgatory) is doing the same soul sucking effect the ghouls in the Titans' show's Purgatory do to (to quote Hank/Hawk) "take them down to Hades". I guess Stargirl's Eclipso is essentially a high ranking version of that too, since the Shadowlands are essentially his section of Purgatory; all b&w as well.

So essentially you get punished more and go down another level in Hell for misbehavior or rule breaking.

EDIT: Later in the trailer you see the same Dead Boy even FALL into what looks like the River Styx (Hades) into the mauls of one of the angler fish looking "Watchers" from Doom Patrol. I'm 90% certain my theories regarding Hell's structure are correct now.

Okay, even though DBD is obviously a different timeline, there are merged elements - but it's 100% set in 2023.

So I would imagine in this Sandman timeline, the events we see happened much later than the Doom Patrol one.
Regardless, I'm not here to make headcanons about it being tied to a hypothetical "merged singular timeline" aka Sandman Universe. The point of the DC Universe(s) lore-adjacent timeline is to condense what are clearly connected lore. Hiccups here and there could just be chalked up to "happened differently and how exactly doesn't matter".

There is a weird disconnect from the biblical figures seen in Lucifer compared to the "Sandman Universe" show.
Lucifer can be explained, I don't need to go over that again. Hell's Mazikeen in Sandman is a version that split off from the Lucifer show Mazikeen, thanks to some out-of-body demon spirit splitting track John Constantine did (my guess.)

Lilith plus Cain & Abel create a conundrum unless you were to assume they're doppelgängers. (All three were created on Earth, which Earth is not specified, but a Earth; so they could have been placed on other Earths too.)

I still think Lucifer is set on like Earth-33 (post-Crisis, no longer Earth-666). Because I would think merging that with a world with Superman, Batman, etc destroys a lot of that show's narrative regarding humanity having no knowledge of the supernatural.

Also, I have very strong doubts this will get a 2nd season, even with the open-ending, because I haven't seen it pop up on Trending Now once in the past 24 hours.

It's one and done. That's a sign of "failure" to Netflix.

EDIT: Alright, the Dead Boy Detectives time stamps are done.

Last edited:
I got a wild idea of how Pennyworth would have gone in season 4 had it not been cancelled.

1.) Nuclear fallout from the Downing Street bombing creates more meta-huma- I mean "P.W.E.s" thanks to the combination of that and Lullaby State (similar to 1980s Freeland vaccine / Green Light in Black Lightning).

2.) General Thursday wants to use them to attack other countries as a meta army to please his severe paranoia. Alfred is caught between his promise to Sandra Onslow and a potential World War 3 instigated by General Thursday.

3.) Meanwhile, Thomas and Martha Wayne return to Gotham with their daughter. Samantha is kept from the public eye, due to the CIA woman from season 3 almost killing her. In order to protect his family and get off the CIA watchlist, Thomas agrees to have Wayne Enterprises and the government work together in creating bioweapons for the "potential world war to come".

4.) Back in London, chaos ensues after General Thursday sent the radioactive "P.W.E.s" to Berlin and "German territories" to "wipe out the last remaining fascist regime", in order to prevent further coups, and his next target: the nuclear power of the Soviet Union. Alfred and team try to contain the situation before WW3 erupts.

5.) Concurrently, due to circumstances involving a false/unfulfilled promise from Sandra's father Sid Onslow (I guess getting her safely out of London), Sandra and her unborn child dies and Alfred revolts by "tucking him up like a kipper" in a fit of anger. Realizing where anger and selfishness got him, Alfred breaks down and finally realizes the importance of being a guardian instead of a killer.

6.) Surprise, Victor Aziz is alive! Having survived the nuke after hiding in a bunker, the medieval fantasy in his mind thanks to Lullaby State makes him believe to be "King Viktor of Markovia" who kills General Thursday and prevents World World 3. (Although he still has some sanity and leadership from being Prime Minister). Alfred, having to keep the peace for the P.W.E.s while London is rebuilt, has Viktor and the surviving metas reside in a former "German-controlled" territory between Belgium and Eastern Europe - which "Viktor" is allowed to run as King of the vacant land he would call "Markovia".

7.) In the States, darkness and crime is brewing over Gotham City, as mysterious Satanic murders a la Jack the Ripper are occurring seemingly at random. Thomas' sister, Patricia, is one of the victims killed by this cult, leading Thomas to realize an old enemy is coming back to haunt him. This cult, lead by Alistair Crowley, kidnaps Samantha from the orphanage to use as a sacrifice/vessel for Satan. Thomas and Martha manage to thwart the cult's plan, but in his dying words Alistair puts a curse on Gotham City and the Wayne family to have death and tragedy follow them no matter how much is done to prevent it. In a desperate attempt to protect Samantha, Thomas sends Samantha to an orphanage as a "Jane Doe", stripped of the Wayne name as to protect her from the curse.

8.) Alfred decides while London is rebuilt he needs to provide service for his country before moving to States. He is given membership to MI6 by the Queen to go on secret missions across the world, stopping metahuman experiments and potential dangers that would lead to World War 3.

9.) 5 years later (1977): Alfred is met by Thomas and Martha in London, after he returned from military service. They need him to be a guardian for their new child, 2 year old Bruce Wayne. Remembering his father's service to the Queen as a butler and finally keeping his promise his late-friend Bazza, Alfred agrees. Alfred says his goodbyes to Daveboy and his mum (who is happy to see him "move out") and hops on the plane to Gotham City.

Alfred looks out from the plane window at the rebuilt London, content that his duty was fulfilled, as we fade to credits. "Paint It Black" plays to close out the show as it did to open it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back