Does Ultimate DD have super powers

Tomar

Has it been said if UDD actually has like powers or is he just a normal blind guy who has trained to be really sensitive. Was he genetically enhanced or what?

It's not been said. I'm personally hoping that he's just a human. Far better than getting good hearing through having radioactive waste dropped on him.

Tomar said:
Has it been said if UDD actually has like powers or is he just a normal blind guy who has trained to be really sensitive. Was he genetically enhanced or what?

It wasn't said that officially he's got "powers" but there are very similar scenes that put emphasis on his heightened senses in the minis. In Ultimate Daredevil/Elektra he's using his hearing and he needs to focus because he is taking all the other sounds in. This is pretty much evidence that he has the same abilities as his 616 counterpart. In the Ultimate Universe it's not been described how he got these senses. Maybe just a type of self training or possibly another chemical spill. Since we're so anti-mini though, we may never find out and just assume that it's as his 616 origins was.

If he is geneitically enhanced Id like to see fury try to pull some of the crap he`s pulled on peter, ultimate matt murdock wont take that type of crap.Though im gueesing he`s over the age when he comes under furys jurisdiction.

Tomar said:
If he is geneitically enhanced Id like to see fury try to pull some of the crap he`s pulled on peter, ultimate matt murdock wont take that type of crap.Though im gueesing he`s over the age when he comes under furys jurisdiction.
Which is another good reason why I think he shouldn't be enhanced. In a world full of mutants, it's perfectly acceptable that some people, while not being full blown mutants, would have a higher degrees of our natural abilities.
Now, I wouldn't suggest for a moment that i wanted murdock to be a mutant, but to do what he does without the aid of any extra abilities adds weight to his character and his commitment to what he does. The chemical spill took that away from him in some way i feel.

TheManWithoutFear said:
It wasn't said that officially he's got "powers" but there are very similar scenes that put emphasis on his heightened senses in the minis. In Ultimate Daredevil/Elektra he's using his hearing and he needs to focus because he is taking all the other sounds in. This is pretty much evidence that he has the same abilities as his 616 counterpart. In the Ultimate Universe it's not been described how he got these senses. Maybe just a type of self training or possibly another chemical spill. Since we're so anti-mini though, we may never find out and just assume that it's as his 616 origins was.
Ah yup.

Since Bendis debuted the character, it would be reasonable to presume that the character is fundamentally unchanged even when you factor with what Carey has written of the character so far.

Tomar said:

fury wouldnt bother murdock...at least not how things stand now.
1 murdock for all we know is a blind lawyer....and he doesnt have noticable powers unlike our wall crawling hero.
2 murdock is more responsible, he is experienced, this is what bendis has tried to tell us from his run on ult x-men. fury is a mentor to pete...murdocks powers (if he has them, and i believe he does) do not pose some fantastic threat that can be traced back to some science lab.

Guijllons said:
It's not been said. I'm personally hoping that he's just a human. Far better than getting good hearing through having radioactive waste dropped on him.

That could be great if done right....kind of Batmanesque.

UltimateE said:
That could be great if done right....kind of Batmanesque.
As it should be. Mutants are driven to making a choice, they have abilities that most people do not, they need to decide what side they're gonna be on. Daredevil however has a purpose, a purpose that is far beyond his innate abilities, he's a hero, he believes in justice. And it has to be said, a lot of the X-men. for example, are not heroes, they are just mutants, Kurt wouldn't necessarily be fighting crime if he wasn't blue, but Murdock would no matter how abled he was.

Guijllons said:
That's a good point about experience, how long ago do you think the DD minis happened? I'm guessing the 90's somewhere, it has to be a while.

Im not sure if you are being sarcastic or not, but if you are, read the usm super special, that will explain the experience i was referring to.

The Captain said:
Im not sure if you are being sarcastic or not, but if you are, read the usm super special, that will explain the experience i was referring to.
Hehe, I wasn't being sarcastic. I remember, DD talking to peter about his age. When we see DD in the mini's he's still a student and now he has his own firm. It must have been some years ago rather than months.
he could even be the UU's longest running hero.

Do people understand why we need an Ultimate Daredevil Mini? All of these points need answering about the character. I've stated before that he could easily be one of the most experienced heroes in the UU. The mini took place in 1997 if I remember correctly. The whole Fury/Murdock situation is something that should've been hit upon. I mean they know Matt Murdock and they're supposedly the best so how could they not know they're both the same? And what does SHIELD do about heroes? This was most likely answered in Ultimate Adventures but Murdock seems a bit more cooperative with SHIELD in aiding them with The Hulk Trial.

Back to the powers thing. I agree that it'd be cool to just see him be all natural without special abilities but it would also be very unbelieveable. The kind is blind then. He's not really as blind with his powers which helps him fight the fight. There's no way a blind/handicapped person is going to fighting the kind of battles Daredevil goes through. His origins must be touched upon though.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Back to the powers thing. I agree that it'd be cool to just see him be all natural without special abilities but it would also be very unbelieveable. The kind is blind then. He's not really as blind with his powers which helps him fight the fight. There's no way a blind/handicapped person is going to fighting the kind of battles Daredevil goes through. His origins must be touched upon though.
It's not absolutely real life, I admit, but I really feel strongly that the UU needs a real non 'super' hero, and DD is the perfect candidate. I would be very happy to just ignore his origins and, let's face it, card could end up writing them.

Justice is DD's bag, that's what he believes in, and he should be able to overcome any obstacle to achieve justice. that's the more heroic thing.

Guijllons said:
It's not absolutely real life, I admit, but I really feel strongly that the UU needs a real non 'super' hero, and DD is the perfect candidate. I would be very happy to just ignore his origins and, let's face it, card could end up writing them.

Justice is DD's bag, that's what he believes in, and he should be able to overcome any obstacle to achieve justice. that's the more heroic thing.
Actually, I've felt the complex moral ambiguity of DD --- an aspect of the character Bendis has pushed very heavily across most of his books --- is probably the most intriguing aspect of the character, one that I think would work in an Ultimate Universe that has been resolutely UNambiguous about where good ends and evil begins.

This from the intro of UXM 37: "Matt Murdock is blind, but his other four senses function with superhuman sharpness and a radar sense."

But it could mean just bollocks...

*Goes back to his bunker full of comic books and random geeky stuff*

On top of not having true "powers", I also always thought it would be cool if he kept the black karate outfit thing he used in UDD&E.

UltimateE said:
On top of not having true "powers", I also always thought it would be cool if he kept the black karate outfit thing he used in UDD&E.
I *FINALLY* found a TPB of that, but it was so messed up and ruined, I just walked away. :(

icemastertron said:
I *FINALLY* found a TPB of that, but it was so messed up and ruined, I just walked away. :(

The book itself? The story was pretty decent, I thought...

Latest posts

Back