Dreamcasting # 16 - Further Entries in the Batman Begins Franchise

I would vote, but I don't particularly enjoy anyone's cast overall. I like bits and pieces from each one.

Agreed. I went for the ones that had the most I liked, which was a close race between "Marvelman's"(DSF's) and VVD's.
Me too. It would have been between Doom and Ourchair but I couldn't decide in time.

I don't think anyone will ever has a cast that fully pleases people. All you can do is figure out which one you can tolerate the most.

Anyways....I'll have the next round up by this afternoon. I was toying with the idea of doing either Vertigo's "Scalped" or Punisher MAX's "Slavers" arc. But then I figured not enough people read them to participate.

And seeing how the last 3 rounds have been popular yet more obscure projects....I opted to go maintsream.

And PlanetMan.....you owed me for the Wizard of Oz round. Consider our debts paid.

Edward Nygma, The Riddler – Robin Williams[/B] , now hear me out on this one , I think best way to the riddler IMO is something like an old Game show host , Have Robin Williams doing his comedy a little for game show

Then something happens to make him snap and go crazy , when that happens think One Hour Photo type of surreal craziness but still have some wacky comedy when prresenting puzzles like a game show host. But that's my idea and why I think Williams is perfect for how I see a begins riddler. The fact he's old now makes him have more of a "Bruce Forsyth" (or "Bob Barker" those who have never heard of bruce)

Robin Williams would be perfect as a serious, mentally disturbed Riddler.

I see The Riddler in the Nolan Universe as a master-planner of crimes, but who is always betrayed by his psychological inability to perform a crime without leaving a clue of some sort in advance.

This psychological flaw could be the key to his character. He could be portrayed as an insecure, meek character, who is easily controlled by other more brutal and charismatic criminals (possibly the Black Mask). An interesting plotline could see a crime boss using the Riddler to plan a crime and then locking him away so that he cannot leave a clue; but in typical Riddler-fashion, the clue is part of the job...or something.

Just some thoughts I had.

I could see that working...

I still like my riddler casting better, though. Rockwell would be perfect.

Robin Williams would be perfect as a serious, mentally disturbed Riddler.

I see The Riddler in the Nolan Universe as a master-planner of crimes, but who is always betrayed by his psychological inability to perform a crime without leaving a clue of some sort in advance.

This psychological flaw could be the key to his character. He could be portrayed as an insecure, meek character, who is easily controlled by other more brutal and charismatic criminals (possibly the Black Mask). An interesting plotline could see a crime boss using the Riddler to plan a crime and then locking him away so that he cannot leave a clue; but in typical Riddler-fashion, the clue is part of the job...or something.

Just some thoughts I had.
This is pretty much the same reason I chose Michael C. Hall.

I haven't actually read enough in the way of actual Batman comics to know if this aspect of the character has been mentioned before, but I liked Jim Krueger's take on him in Justice, in which it is said that the abuse that Edward Nygma suffered at the hands of a distrusting father was what compelled him to tell the truth, and therefore commit crimes with some form of elaborate puzzle-like admission of guilt.

And hence Michael C. Hall.

Just revisiting this thread, Post TDK...

Honestly, i wouldn't mind reviving it in a couple of weeks, while we've all still got Dark Knight fever.

Basically we can center it around re-casting The Joker, and we can all structure our own Third movie in the BatNolan franchise.

Just revisiting this thread, Post TDK...

Honestly, i wouldn't mind reviving it in a couple of weeks, while we've all still got Dark Knight fever.

Basically we can center it around re-casting The Joker, and we can all structure our own Third movie in the BatNolan franchise.

Might be fun.

I wouldn't recast the Joker at all. I'd have the city swept up in copycat fever. In the same way that civilians were following Batman's example at the beginning of TDK, you'd have a cult of personality built around the Joker, who's entirely absent from the film. Have a twisted Harley Quinn as the ringleader.

The Joker's plan along with Dent's revenge scheme pretty much obliterated organized crime in Gotham. The next film should address this crime vacuum in some way.

I actually have a pretty *****in' planned for how it might work out. It would probably involve Catwoman being hired to infiltrate WayneCorp, and dancing incognito around Bruce Wayne as socialite Selina Kyle, a sort of female foil to him. It would focus more on Bruce Wayne as a character, and what the Batman legacy has done to the Wayne legacy.

Last edited:
See, but that's just it. Right now everybody has an idea for what a third movie should be. We should make THAT the next DreamMOVIE round.

See, but that's just it. Right now everybody has an idea for what a third movie should be. We should make THAT the next DreamMOVIE round.

I agree. Entirely. Indiana Jones will be fun, though.

I'll have to make sure to win so that I can start up a Batman follow-up. ;)

I have an idea that no one's talked about yet, and a casting choice for them. Looking forward to it.

Yeah. Like, five minutes after I saw this thread, I already had my plot and casting mapped out in my head. I think this could be a really good round for everybody. I'm going to avoid from looking at the entries of the first time this was done.

Last edited:
Should we just wait for somebody to win the current round, or make a special event round? Any thoughts?

Could the contestents in the DreamMOVIE round maybe agree to make this their next round?

Well DreamMovie's almost over. If I win it I think I'll definetly make this the new round because I can't think of anything else to do for this.

I agree. Let's allow this round to end by the 28th as scheduled, and the winner can announce this as the newest entry.

I'd say this round deserves two weeks. I've already started mine, and its going to be pretty epic.

That means we've got four days to get a head start. Everybody should put their thinking caps on.

Latest posts

Back