Dreamcasting: Adaptations #9 - The Wizard of Oz

what-are-they-up-to-Alan-Tudyk.jpg

The Scarecrow – Alan Tudyk
Do I really need to come up with an explanation, he's ****ing perfect!

Yes, you really need to come up with an explanation. Why is he perfect? HMMMMM?

:?:

Have you ever seen him in anything? I don't know how to explain it... but I think he just fits.

For Further reference see: Firefly, Arrested Development, and/or all supporting roles by him (3:10 to Yuma, Knocked Up, etc)

Last edited:
I think Jones would be a better choice if we we're basing it purely off of how one can toss himself around like a scarecrow... But I think Tudyk is the better actor, and also quite lovable, which the Scarecrow should be.

Yes, you really need to come up with an explanation. Why is he perfect? HMMMMM?

:?:

Have you ever seen him in anything? I don't know how to explain it... but I think he just fits.

For Further reference see: Firefly, Arrested Development, and/or all supporting roles by him (3:10 to Yuma, Knocked Up, etc)

I completely agree with Strangefate, including the lack of need for an explanation. He's just spot on god damned perfect. And I didn't know he was in 3:10. Another reason to go see that...

Dorothy is young, but I've always imagined her to be a teenager... And while zooey isn't a teenager, I think she'd do a damn good job playing one.

And hey, this is my adaptation of Wizard of Oz, she can be however old I want her to be.

Zoey actually was/is Dorothy in that Tin Man mini series that Sci Fi or whoever were doing.

huh, well I suppose then I am just so awesome that people are stealing ideas right out of my brain.

You guys are all casting too old for Dorothy. She's, like, six.

She wasn't 6 in the films (animated ones and live action) this is Adaptations so I see it as we can draw from diffrent incarnations of the subject matter and mix it together to create our own.

Like they do with superhero movies , E.g Spider-man - removed Gwen like animated show , but then also had comic book elements and some thing unique to movie.

Of course I might be mistaken and this long drawn out speech is for nothing.

huh, well I suppose then I am just so awesome that people are stealing ideas right out of my brain.

So that's how they came up with "queer eye for the straight guy" :p :lol: joking

Last edited:
She was still supposed to be really young in the movie, though. There's no excuse for this story with a 20-something lead character.

She was still supposed to be really young in the movie, though. There's no excuse for this story with a 20-something lead character.

If we want it that way then we can , It's like the stage plays have 20-30 year olds.

Now if were talking Alice in wonderland I would agree (unless it's Alice the sequel coming soon) but since this has been done in films more with older people I think It's ok

besides most kid-teen actors suck

DITHKWALIFIED!
looney-tunes-daffy-duck-5000804.jpg

Roll again!

DA RULEZ said:
2) Participants may not use actors who have played the role before in the same medium before. Voice talents may not reprise their role, nor can film/TV ones.

Zooey Deschanel is portraying a character similar to Dorothy on Television.

I cast her as Dorothy in a Film Adaptation, and unaware of her being in "Tin Man".

Different Mediums. And even if you want to further try to disqualify it, She isn't playing dorothy, she's playing "DG". The adaptation is so radically different, that you really can't count it... Read the description for pete's sake.

I stand by my choice.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back