EARLY look at Ultimates 3 #2.

I swear I will be like Ari Gold if I ever make it into Hollywood.
Pffft. Ari Gold is a boot licking nobody compared to Peter Dragon.
Manny Sanchez: Hi, I'm Manny Sanchez, from the commissary, and I'm the Employee of the Month. That's my parking space.

Peter Dragon: Well that's fantastic, Manny. What is that, some kind of award for not peeing in the cob salads?

Manny Sanchez: I never pee in the cob salads.

Peter Dragon: Really? That's too bad, because if I was you, I would have peed in the cob salads. In fact, I would have peed in every ****in' cob salad every ****in' day so every one of those ********ers in that commissary would have had a taste of Peter ****in' Dragon. But you know what, Manny? That's just me. Move.

Manny Sanchez: You're Peter Dragon?

Peter Dragon: Yeah, I'm Peter Dragon. That's right. And while you've admirably restrained yourself over the years from peeing in the cob salads, I've made ten motion pictures that have earned this studio a billion dollars. So I'm gonna continue to park wherever the **** I want because, unfortunately for you, I am Employee of the ****ing Century! Congratulations on your award, though. Your parents must be very proud.

Last edited:
I wouldn't for the simple reason that Nighthawk from the Supreme universe doesn't get along with white people at all.

And why would he feel the need to change his outfit when he switched universes?

I wouldn't for the simple reason that Nighthawk from the Supreme universe doesn't get along with white people at all.

Or take on a new persona?

I agree; on the surface it sounds like it could be interesting but if you think about it it's dumb.

I think what I like is the idea of a new Ultimization being an extension of another character, with a back story. Plus, it would be a nice change to have after a crossover - a new hero.

Nighthawk himself is really quite crappy. The one note "I hate white people" got boring really quickly.

The whole thing about Nighthawk being Black Panther actually makes sense to me, because I believe that's what happened (sans the Black Panther bit) to Nighthawk "back in the day", where he was stranded in the 616 Universe after a Squadron Supreme/Avengers crossover. He was a member of the Champions or the Defenders, I think... been a while. Since I like the Supreme Power version of Nighthawk, I don't have a problem with that, because at least Loeb is saving his *** by not having to explain why the Ultimate Black Panther is without a proper origin story.

Otherwise, I still think Loeb needs to stick to his duties with Heroes and 616 books... Ultimates is just the wrong title for him on many levels.

Last edited:
I can't wait for #1 to come out; the thread for it is going to be a great read / place to comment.

The Ultimates 3 and Ultimate Iron Man 2 = ****tiness aplenty, otherwise known as "Why is this site still called Ultimate Central?"

Note: I do support the name staying the same; I think it's hilarious that the site that's "THE place for Ultimate comics discussion" hates the majority of the lineup. The irony fits right in with our sense of humor, really.

Completely agree.

Latest posts

Back