Earth-66 and Earth-76 - Expanded?

Pro Bot

This thread is for fun, but also a legitimate question.

As most of you are aware, Batman (1966-1968) is set on Earth-66. I have created a timeline of all media I deem to be canonical. Most obviously, the Green Hornet is in the same universe through a number of crossovers. This includes a window cameo, a 2-part crossover, a 12 issue comic book crossover and a cameo in the last issue of Batman '66. These are what I'm 100% sure of.

Batman
The Green Hornet
Legends of the Superheroes

But is there not more?

Batman '66 Meets The Man From U.N.C.L.E. is a comic book crossover featuring characters from The Man From U.N.C.L.E. franchise. The artists stated that they were going for a generic look in terms of those characters, which leaves the question of whether they are intended to be the same versions from their respected show. I don't think so, but let's assume they are, for the purposes of this thread.

The Man From U.N.C.L.E.
The Girl From U.N.C.L.E.
Batman
The Green Hornet

Please Don't Eat The Daisies has a crossover episode with The Man From U.N.C.L.E. The show Get Smart had a character called Grobnik who used to work for T.H.R.U.S.H., but I don't know if that's just a reference or not.

The Man From U.N.C.L.E.
The Girl From U.N.C.L.E.
Please Don't Eat The Daisies
Batman
The Green Hornet

Next, The Avengers. Batman '66 Meets Steed and Mrs Peel is a comic crossover with the television series The Avengers. The comic contains a flashback to 4x03 of that series, even done in black and white to resemble the episode, which suggests it is linked directly to the continuity of the show. I suppose similar events could have happened, of course.
RCO013_w_1469409126.jpg

The Avengers
The New Avengers
The Man From U.N.C.L.E.
The Girl From U.N.C.L.E.
Batman
The Green Hornet

Next up: The Spirit. The Green Hornet '66 Meets the Spirit pairs the '66 characters with The Spirit comics. The writer implied that it was intended to be connected to The Spirit 1940-1952 comic books, and had the character retire in-universe in 1952. I'm not too sure on what that would actually mean for continuity, but let's just throw that in because we can. I don't think that necessarily makes it canon, but it's fun to list.

The Spirit (1940-1952 comics)
The Avengers
The New Avengers
The Man From U.N.C.L.E.
The Girl From U.N.C.L.E.
Batman
The Green Hornet

I'm not too sure on Archie Meets Batman '66. I don't exactly know much about that franchise, so I can't speak for it.

Now, we get on to the more definite non-canonical links, or at least those that shouldn't count in my opinion.

Window Cameos
TV Series

The Steve Allen Show
The Felony Squad
Hogan's Heroes
(window cameo can't be linked)
The Addams Family

Comic Books
Lost in Space
Adventures of Superman

Let's move on to Earth-76.
Now, this is apparently intended to be the reality of Wonder Woman (1975-1979). In my timeline, I currently include only include Wonder Woman and Wonder Woman '77 (as well as the crossovers).

Batman '66 Meets Wonder Woman '77 was intended to be a comic book crossover between the Batman and Wonder Woman shows. Due to their designations, it can only occur on either Earth-66 or Earth-76. Earth-76 makes more sense, as the comic is directly linked to Wonder Woman '77 through a footnote referring to that series.

Wonder Woman '77 Meets The Bionic Woman is a crossover between Wonder Woman and The Bionic Woman. In flashbacks to previous events, it has footnotes referring to episodes from Wonder Woman, The Six Million Dollar Man and The Bionic Woman. It does seem as though it is intended to be the exact same universe as all these shows. Knowing that, let's throw that in the list.
RCO011_1489609405.jpg

The Six Million Dollar Man
The Bionic Woman
Wonder Woman

Credit to https://batspray.blog/2018/10/03/the-batman-66-connected-universe/amp/ for listing serveral of these in the first place.

My question now is, what do you guys actually think should be counted? Because when you're dealing with this much content, it gets hard to decide where the line stops. I mean, I think we might be able to ignore The Avengers and The Man From U.N.C.L.E. as Earth-66 versions of these characters, but The Bionic Woman in Earth-76? It's the footnote that throws me off, linking back to those episodes.

My personal opinion is:
Earth-66
Batman
The Green Hornet

Earth-76
The Six Million Dollar Man (?)
The Bionic Woman (?)
Wonder Woman

I'm not going to add the Bionic franchise to Earth-76 yet, of course. I'm not even sure whether it's a good idea based on just 5 issues and I don't really want to. I want to consult on this.

Last edited:
I had that belief for a long time. I don't know though, it's kinda cleaner when they're separated. That way, you can say serveral things:
  • In Earth-66, Wonder Woman is not a member of the Justice League. In Earth-76, the (implied) Justice League consists of Batman and Wonder Woman.
  • In Earth-66, Dick Grayson continued to be Robin all the way into 1979. In Earth-76, Dick Grayson became Nightwing after Batman retired due to killing the Joker.
  • In Earth-66, Catwoman continued her criminal activities into at least 1969. In Earth-76, she became a hero after staying in Paradise Island in 1966.
  • Solomon Grundy of Earth-66 was left to freeze to death, later resurrected to kill Batman and Robin. Solomon Grundy of Earth-76 was unjustly killed and protects his descendants from harm.
But yeah, these can be pretty easily explained to be fair. If you want to have that mega universe, you can.

Last edited:
Unless all this gets merged in some upcoming event, somehow in some medium, I feel like with Earth-78/89/90/96/97 (Reeve's Superman/Burtonverse/90s Flash/Routh's Superman/Schumacherverse) you have what could resemble the same world but they're not connected at this current time.

In other words, wait and see. Even if it takes years.

Unless all this gets merged in some upcoming event, somehow in some medium, I feel like with Earth-78/89/90/96/97 (Reeve's Superman/Burtonverse/90s Flash/Routh's Superman/Schumacherverse) you have what could resemble the same world but they're not connected at this current time.

In other words, wait and see. Even if it takes years.
I think it might depend on how a crossover is approached.

(Hypothetically speaking) If there was a Batman '89 Meets Superman '78 comic, and it was directly related to both comic series, then I guess Reeve's films would be on Earth-89 somehow? Superman Returns can be Earth-96 on it's own, a slightly different character.

But if it were, say, Superman '78 Meets Wonder Woman '77, and it linked to the '78 comics, it would simply mean that Wonder Woman exists in that universe. Especially since in Reeve's universe, Batman premiered in the 2000s (or 1980s) per Easter Eggs whereas in Wonder Woman's universe, he premiered in the 1960s.

I do agree that certain crossovers with other shows, especially in Earth-66, can be ignored as simply a very closely related version of those characters. It's Earth-76 I'm more concerned about, due to it specifically noting episodes from all shows. I wonder if the crossover is connected to The Bionic Woman S4 and The Six Million Dollar Man S6 comics?

Last edited:
This thread is for fun, but also a legitimate question.

As most of you are aware, Batman (1966-1968) is set on Earth-66. I have created a timeline of all media I deem to be canonical. Most obviously, the Green Hornet is in the same universe through a number of crossovers. This includes a window cameo, a 2-part crossover, a 12 issue comic book crossover and a cameo in the last issue of Batman '66. These are what I'm 100% sure of.

Batman
The Green Hornet

But is there not more?

Batman '66 Meets The Man From U.N.C.L.E. is a comic book crossover featuring characters from The Man From U.N.C.L.E. franchise. The artists stated that they were going for a generic look in terms of those characters, which leaves the question of whether they are intended to be the same versions from their respected show. I don't think so, but let's assume they are, for the purposes of this thread.

The Man From U.N.C.L.E.
The Girl From U.N.C.L.E.
Batman
The Green Hornet

Please Don't Eat The Daisies has a crossover episode with The Man From U.N.C.L.E. The show Get Smart had a character called Grobnik who used to work for T.H.R.U.S.H., but I don't know if that's just a reference or not.

The Man From U.N.C.L.E.
The Girl From U.N.C.L.E.
Batman
The Green Hornet

Next, The Avengers. Batman '66 Meets Steed and Mrs Peel is a comic crossover with the television series The Avengers. The comic contains a flashback to 4x03 of that series, even done in black and white to resemble the episode, which suggests it is linked directly to the continuity of the show. I suppose similar events could have happened, of course.
View attachment 539

The Avengers
The New Avengers
The Man From U.N.C.L.E.
The Girl From U.N.C.L.E.
Batman
The Green Hornet

Next up: The Spirit. The Green Hornet '66 Meets the Spirit pairs the '66 characters with The Spirit comics. The writer implied that it was intended to be connected to The Spirit 1940-1952 comic books, and had the character retire in-universe in 1952. I'm not too sure on what that would actually mean for continuity, but let's just throw that in because we can. I don't think that necessarily makes it canon, but it's fun to list.

The Spirit (1940-1952 comics)
The Avengers
The New Avengers
The Man From U.N.C.L.E.
The Girl From U.N.C.L.E.
Batman
The Green Hornet

I'm not too sure on Archie Meets Batman '66. I don't exactly know much about that franchise, so I can't speak for it.

Now, we get on to the more definite non-canonical links, or at least those that shouldn't count in my opinion.

Window Cameos
TV Series

The Steve Allen Show
The Felony Squad
Hogan's Heroes
(window cameo can't be linked)
The Addams Family

Comic Books
Lost in Space
Adventures of Superman

Let's move on to Earth-76.
Now, this is apparently intended to be the reality of Wonder Woman (1975-1979). In my timeline, I currently include only include Wonder Woman and Wonder Woman '77 (as well as the crossovers).

Batman '66 Meets Wonder Woman '77 was intended to be a comic book crossover between the Batman and Wonder Woman shows. Due to their designations, it can only occur on either Earth-66 or Earth-76. Earth-76 makes more sense, as the comic is directly linked to Wonder Woman '77 through a footnote referring to that series.

Wonder Woman '77 Meets The Bionic Woman is a crossover between Wonder Woman and The Bionic Woman. In flashbacks to previous events, it has footnotes referring to episodes from Wonder Woman, The Six Million Dollar Man and The Bionic Woman. It does seem as though it is intended to be the exact same universe as all these shows. Knowing that, let's throw that in the list.
View attachment 533

The Six Million Dollar Man
The Bionic Woman
Wonder Woman

Credit to https://batspray.blog/2018/10/03/the-batman-66-connected-universe/amp/ for listing serveral of these in the first place.

My question now is, what do you guys actually think should be counted? Because when you're dealing with this much content, it gets hard to decide where the line stops. I mean, I think we might be able to ignore The Avengers and The Man From U.N.C.L.E. as Earth-66 versions of these characters, but The Bionic Woman in Earth-76? It's the footnote that throws me off, linking back to those episodes.

My personal opinion is:
Earth-66
Batman
The Green Hornet

Earth-76
The Six Million Dollar Man (?)
The Bionic Woman (?)
Wonder Woman

I'm not going to add the Bionic franchise to Earth-76 yet, of course. I'm not even sure whether it's a good idea based on just 5 issues and I don't really want to. I want to consult on this.
For my part, I cannot accept that Wonder Woman 77 and Batman 66 are on separate earths. In the crossover series, there is no indication given that either hero crossed a portal and went from one Earth to another. Plus, they clearly have a history together as Diana knew Bruce from when he was aged 12. Therefore, the logical conclusion is that they are both on the same Earth. I prefer to think that Earth is Earth 76. Of course, The Bionic Woman is on the same Earth as Wonder Woman 77. Logically, this would mean that all three heroes share the same Earth. The 6 million dollar man, Steve Austin, would also be on that same Earth. The Man from Uncle and the Avengers (old British series) would also be on Earth 76 because they had crossovers with Batman 66. In my belief, as little as that is worth, I like to think that Earth 76 is the home of all or most of the great shows of the late '70s and '80s, like murder she wrote, matlock, The A-Team, and a whole host of others. But that's for another discussion.

Latest posts

Back