Fallout 3 & miscellaneous Fallout talk

It means we need somebody better and mightier than myself to change you from your sinful ways.

:lol:

Yeah well call me old fashioned but I love having friends over and drink beers play some games its fun as hell and an experience you can't get online. MMOs however I love online only-ness. But again that's just me.

I never got into MMORPGs.

If I want to pretend to be an elf with friends, I'll do it when I'm with them.

Also, it sucks not being able to be The Hero with a Posse.

In any case, let's take it to the RPGs thread.

Anybody have an answer in regards to Fallout 3?

Yes. Yes it does. I'm begining to think that intimate knowledge of the previous games does nothing but hurt your enjoyment of Fallout 3.

Left 4 Dead is supposed to be pretty good too.

And I'm not even going to touch Doublehex's prejudices with a ten foot pole. Just shut the **** up on that.

And I'm not even going to touch Doublehex's prejudices with a ten foot pole. Just shut the **** up on that.

I am getting the impression that just because I differ in opinion from you, that I need to shut up.

Correct me if I am wrong.

I know I hate Fallout 3 a great deal. I think it is a horrible game. I have every right to express that view. That is why I didn't mention it when Planet-man was asking for a recommendation.

I also gave several valid reasons as to why I hated that game.

So, tell, why should I shut up?

Yes. Yes it does. I'm begining to think that intimate knowledge of the previous games does nothing but hurt your enjoyment of Fallout 3.
I know a lot of people who were pretty big fans of the first two games who perfectly enjoyed Fallout 3, so I think people like Doublehex may just be part of a sizeable group of exceptions.

But just because Doublehex is an exception, it doesn't make his opinion --- his seething spite for Bethesda, et al --- any less valid.

Baxter said:
Which prejudices? The ones about consoles vs. PCs? I think he's just articulating a preference, and overstating it, albeit a very specific one: That online multiplayer is just more fun over a desktop than it is over a console.

I am getting the impression that just because I differ in opinion from you, that I need to shut up.

Correct me if I am wrong.

I know I hate Fallout 3 a great deal. I think it is a horrible game. I have every right to express that view. That is why I didn't mention it when Planet-man was asking for a recommendation.

I also gave several valid reasons as to why I hated that game.

So, tell, why should I shut up?

Actually I meant the Console vrs PC thing. Your opinions on Fallout 3 are perfectly valid. The Console Vrs PC comes to people looking for different experiences in multiplayer, calling people "Dirty Console Peasants" and saying thier ways are "Sinful" is just being an *** about it.

So once again, not liking Fallout 3? Have at it. I enjoyed it, but I'm not you. The Console vrs PC debate? Don't start it here. If you want to rant about how since people like to play online with thier X-Box they're doing something wrong start a new thread.

That I'll avoid.

Noted about Fallout 3.

I plan on getting both games - Fallout 3 and Left4Dead - eventually anyway, and I've already played the first 20 minutes or so of the former, and I love RPGs and Sci-Fi and it generally seems great, so I'm immensely looking forward to both of them.

Next up on the mood-list for me, though, is Lord Of The Rings. We're going to be watching the trilogy next week and hopefully I'll be in the right mood for that huge game when it comes out next month. In the meantime I still have the masterpiece that is the Return Of The King game to reunite with. One of my all-time favourite games.

Also, Liam Neeson in Fallout 3 is awesome.

Actually I meant the Console vrs PC thing. Your opinions on Fallout 3 are perfectly valid. The Console Vrs PC comes to people looking for different experiences in multiplayer, calling people "Dirty Console Peasants" and saying thier ways are "Sinful" is just being an *** about it.

So once again, not liking Fallout 3? Have at it. I enjoyed it, but I'm not you. The Console vrs PC debate? Don't start it here. If you want to rant about how since people like to play online with thier X-Box they're doing something wrong start a new thread.

That I'll avoid.

I think you are somewhat taking things out of proportion. My "insults" were meant more in jest. Notice the picture? Its comedic undertones?

Yeah, it was humor.

Why so serious?

As I indicated earlier, I didn't read it as badly as you did. I imagine that had I posted a similar picture, I'd get a lot less flak for it than others, simply because everyone knows that if I'm not being academic, I'm kidding 80% of the time about everything.

The point is, Doublehex's opinion walks a fine line between prejudice and opinion, but he's doing that ON PURPOSE, and not because he has a prejudice, or because his opinion is "unequivocally absototally correct."

I think you are somewhat taking things out of proportion. My "insults" were meant more in jest. Notice the picture? Its comedic undertones?

Yeah, it was humor.

Why so serious?
I'm always serious. Unless I'm not. :p
As I indicated earlier, I didn't read it as badly as you did. I imagine that had I posted a similar picture, I'd get a lot less flak for it than others, simply because everyone knows that if I'm not being academic, I'm kidding 80% of the time about everything.

The point is, Doublehex's opinion walks a fine line between prejudice and opinion, but he's doing that ON PURPOSE, and not because he has a prejudice, or because his opinion is "unequivocally absototally correct."

Anyway, I think I've just run into too many people on the internet that do live in the "My word is God and you're a ****tard" for my own good. I do still stand by there's no reason for that conversation to be in this thread tho.

Anyway, I think I've just run into too many people on the internet that do live in the "My word is God and you're a ****tard" for my own good. I do still stand by there's no reason for that conversation to be in this thread tho.

Trust me, if you were a ****tard, I would write a whole essay on it, right down to every last ****y particle of your ****itude.

I hate it because it isn't Fallout. Fallout is not a FPS with some slapped on top RPG elements. I hate it for it's retarded dialogue that proved that Beth. Soft. is breaking child labor laws. I hate the gameplay. I hate how every character looks like he is on drugs. I hate how the story is just so ******* retarded in every shape and form.

-Title does say "Fallout"
-This is part of the Fallout series; thus Fallout is a "FPS with some slapped on top RPG elements."
-The dialogue does suck.
-I like the gameplay, but this is just an opinion vs. an opinion.
-You'd resort to drugs too after a nuclear attack.
-True in terms of form, but have you ever looked at the story as a decagon? In that shape it is ****ing brilliant!

Trust me, if you were a ****tard, I would write a whole essay on it, right down to every last ****y particle of your ****itude.

Then why didn't I get a whole essay? I'm the biggest ****tard on here.

I got the game and been enjoying it so far.

I blew up megaton....I'm a bad boy.

Still, I helped that Roy guy take over the tower so it evens out.

Latest posts

Back