Grand Theft Auto V

Yesterday I carjacked an armored truck and spent a good 20 minutes trying to outrun the cops. I took it up into the mountains to open it (so the gunshots wouldn't alert the cops) and fired a good 30 clips into it with no luck. I read that if you drive an armored truck into the water it will cause the doors to pop open. Spoiler alert: it doesn't.

On top of that I drowned trying to drive the truck back to shore, so my attempted $5000 heist cost me about $450 in hospital fees.

So if anyone has tips on how to quickly open an armored truck I'd appreciate it.

I've spent around 3 or 4 hours worth (or so) uncovering the map and I still have a lot left to go. Wow!

I was going to do the first mission after the two car repo one, but it was too late at night and I had to wait. So I went to the gun range next door and did all the challenges for every weapon. My gun efficiency is 100/100. I ended up with 6 golds, 6 silvers, and 4 bronzes in the challenges.

I've spent around 3 or 4 hours worth (or so) uncovering the map and I still have a lot left to go. Wow!

I was going to do the first mission after the two car repo one, but it was too late at night and I had to wait. So I went to the gun range next door and did all the challenges for every weapon. My gun efficiency is 100/100. I ended up with 6 golds, 6 silvers, and 4 bronzes in the challenges.

I really, really need to get to the gun range. I'm pretty to very good at driving, but I can't shoot. I don't know if it's part of the game or if it's based on performance, but Michael made a comment to Franklin (whom I was controlling) about how wild his shots were during one mission and that I should go practice at the range.

I really, really need to get to the gun range. I'm pretty to very good at driving, but I can't shoot. I don't know if it's part of the game or if it's based on performance, but Michael made a comment to Franklin (whom I was controlling) about how wild his shots were during one mission and that I should go practice at the range.
Yeah, Proj. said that to me yesterday. I haven't gotten to that point, so I wonder if he'll say something differently or not with me.

I enjoy driving. I obey the traffic laws and am courteous to my fellow drivers.

I enjoy driving. I obey the traffic laws and am courteous to my fellow drivers.

wtf_face_by_jezkah008-d30ft2l.jpg

You're doing it wrong!!!!

Last edited:
Yesterday I carjacked an armored truck and spent a good 20 minutes trying to outrun the cops. I took it up into the mountains to open it (so the gunshots wouldn't alert the cops) and fired a good 30 clips into it with no luck. I read that if you drive an armored truck into the water it will cause the doors to pop open. Spoiler alert: it doesn't.

On top of that I drowned trying to drive the truck back to shore, so my attempted $5000 heist cost me about $450 in hospital fees.

So if anyone has tips on how to quickly open an armored truck I'd appreciate it.

The first time I used a shotgun to shoot the doors open but I don't think I got much money. I now find it easier to kill the two guys and take the money just as they're putting it in the truck.

I've just executed my first heist and met Trevor. I'm also loving the connections to GTA IV - Lester refers to the McRearys and Niko Bellic while planning the heist - and what the hell happened to Johnny Klebitz? I'm interested to see if more pop up...

I caught Lester's reference to Niko - that was pretty cool.

And I don't think I've caught an armored truck being loaded - so far I've only seen them being driven and I pulled the guys out and drove off.

I had a go at the gun range...didn't do too bad, but only had 1 gold. I'm just not real good at aiming precisely quickly. I also couldn't complete the last category of guns.

I completed the diamond heist, and WOW is that intense. I love all of the planning and the elaborate getaway. That was fantastic fun.

And since I did that I unlocked Trevor. I thought he was going to be a little kooky and unpredictable; I was not prepared for what a psycho the guy is. It's disturbing. I did the first drop off mission and bought an airfield.

BUT - I am having a really, really hard time controlling Trevor. I can't figure out how to use his special ability effectively and any time I get into a shoot out I end up having to get under cover, and I don't think that's what I'm supposed to be doing. I mean, it's working, but I don't think it's right. I guess I don't really know what I'm doing when I'm using his special ability.

I only use the special abilities when it reminds me they exist. Franklin's slows down time while driving, Michael's slows down time while shooting (like Max Payne 3) and Trevor's makes him invulnerable and deal out extra damage for a short while.

During one of the early Franklin missions, you use his special ability. They tell you what it is and how to do it (L3 + R3).

Oh, I remember them putting a message up on the screen about it but I have trouble reading the texts/emails/game hints. So I haven't done that yet. I bet it would have made the last heist I did easier, lots of sitting and driving with all three characters.

When I'm doing races with Franklin and there's a sharp turn, I almost exclusively use his special in place of the handbrake.

I did much better playing tennis than golf. Played one set, won 6 games to 1.

When I'm doing races with Franklin and there's a sharp turn, I almost exclusively use his special in place of the handbrake.
I did this with a race and it helped out so much.

I did much better playing tennis than golf. Played one set, won 6 games to 1.

I did this with a race and it helped out so much.

Frank's signature car is pretty exceptional for running races in, especially souped up.

And it's totally worth sinking some work into. If it gets destroyed, it will always respawn, with all the mods made to it intact.

Latest posts

Back