Hawkeye: Human, Mutant, technology?

Is Hawkeye a . . . .

• Human, who is really good at what he does

Votes: 48 75.0%
  • A near-mutant/mutant whose ability helps improve his shot

Votes: 9 14.1%
  • SHIELD Technology (weather it be targets in the eyes or a 'grafted' suit)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Magic (the guys from Iowa, maybe ancient Native American spiritual stuff)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The conclusion I have made is that Hawkeye had some major enhancements done to make him the best at what he does. The way I would see it is this:

Eyes: Super enhanced to like 20/5 vision. Also possible to target things with them

Arms: Possibly enhanced to be stronger and faster than other humans. Think about it. The scene that comes into my mind is when we first see him. When he targets the guy to the wall in the elevator. In order to load, shoot, reload, shoot and have THAT good of an aim and make sure the guy was in the same position? Yea, I dont think many could do that. Also, maybe Im not remembering correctly, but do they ever show him with a quiver?

Bass said:
Everyone just accepted Doogie Hauser.
I thought he was a cybernetic machine man from the planet Robochronasia.

Does anybody see where I'm coming from? You are all too attached to the old version of this character. This is Ultimate Hawkeye. Things will be different and things will be elaborated on.

Hawkeye101 said:
This is Ultimate Hawkeye. Things will be different and things will be elaborated on.

No. Not neccessarily. What would make you think or say that?

Personally, I say Hawkeye is strictly human and should stay strictly human. Thats part of the reason of what makes him such a cool character. He's on a team with people like the Hulk, Thor and Iron-Man and gets to run with them for the simple reason he's one of the BIGGEST bad-arse's around. With a bow and quiver full of nifty arrows. Who wears glasses no less. Personally, I'd say Millar made Hawkeye something of the Ultimate U's answer to the idea of the "peak human" since Cap is a true superhuman in this universe. Make him a mutant or souped-up in some other ways than the arrows he uses, and he loses alot of that mystique. But keep him a normal, incredibly talented and well-trained human and he gets this very strange aura that allows him to get shot three times in the chest and then survive further gunshots to the head ;).

Hawkeye101 said:
Does anybody see where I'm coming from? You are all too attached to the old version of this character. This is Ultimate Hawkeye. Things will be different and things will be elaborated on.
Why? Who cares if he's the same? Is he even the same? You want every character to have powers? That's not what they're going for in the Ultimate Universe. Go read Ultimate Iron Man... you'll enjoy that. :wink:

Hawkeye101 said:
So far I've hear nothing that convinces me.
Me too, I hear nothing that convinces me he has any superhuman powers. I think you want Hawkeye to be more than human and as a result are reaching a bit to convince yourself that's the case.

This is why I like Hawkeye. He's human. And yet he's part of a team of the most powerful superheroes on the planet. Just like Batman with the JLA. If Hawkeye gets crappy powers like he did in 616 (didn't he get Giant-Man's powers once?), then my interest in that character is gone. Just like what Card is doing to Stark. Changing his origin radically.

Anyway, Hawkeye is a normal human who is good at what he does.

ProjectX2 said:
This is why I like Hawkeye. He's human. And yet he's part of a team of the most powerful superheroes on the planet. Just like Batman with the JLA. If Hawkeye gets crappy powers like he did in 616 (didn't he get Giant-Man's powers once?), then my interest in that character is gone. Just like what Card is doing to Stark. Changing his origin radically.

Anyway, Hawkeye is a normal human who is good at what he does.

Not powers, per se, I like characters like Black Widow, Hawkeye, Fury, and Punisher, not because they don't have any powers, but because they can die just like the rest of us. They are completely mortal, and well placed bullets can end their life. Can you even call someone like Superman a hero? Would he do these things if he didn't have his abilities. He's too good at everything. So fo course he'd jump into the heat of battle. But giving some of these characters abilities that improve what they do rather than making them truely 'super'-human is okay in my book.

TheManWithoutFear said:
"With great power.... "

Oh, don't make me say it. Superman's a hero because of what he does with his gifts not because of what gifts he has. Preus has the same powers as Superman and he's clearly a villain.

That's not what I'm sayin'. The story arc Powerless, that described what Spider-Man, Wolverine, and Daredevil would do if they didn't have powers. Would Superman do the same? If he was stricken of his powers he wouldn't even be in many of the situations he finds himself in. Daredevil, lives in Hell's kitchen, Spider-Man just has that kind of heart, and Wolverine is all kinds of crazy, but he too has his heart in the right place. I just can't see Superman doing the same without powers.

Hawkeye101 said:
They are completely mortal, and well placed bullets can end their life. Can you even call someone like Superman a hero? Would he do these things if he didn't have his abilities. He's too good at everything.
Superman died, once, for a while I think :shock: :shock: .

Hawkeye101 said:
That's not what I'm sayin'. The story arc Powerless, that described what Spider-Man, Wolverine, and Daredevil would do if they didn't have powers. Would Superman do the same? If he was stricken of his powers he wouldn't even be in many of the situations he finds himself in. Daredevil, lives in Hell's kitchen, Spider-Man just has that kind of heart, and Wolverine is all kinds of crazy, but he too has his heart in the right place. I just can't see Superman doing the same without powers.

These are comic book characters. Superman is written so that if he didn't have powers he'd still be a good guy. Just because Powerless had Spider-Man, Daredevil, and Wolverine... big deal. They could toss in any comic book hero and it'd be the same deal.

TheManWithoutFear said:
These are comic book characters. Superman is written so that if he didn't have powers he'd still be a good guy. Just because Powerless had Spider-Man, Daredevil, and Wolverine... big deal. They could toss in any comic book hero and it'd be the same deal.

It's why I didn't bother picking it up. It was shallow, obvious, and pointless.

Hawkeye101 said:
OSC did not ruin Iron Man. I found it absolutely brilliant with what he did with Iron Man, I like a better explination than just 'he's one of those smart kids'.

You're one of the few...trust me, Card's a moron. He definitly doesn't have his brain tissue scattered all over his body, otherwise he might have bothered to research the character he was hired to write. And he might realize his ego far outweighs his talent. Card's the biggest hack to come down the comic-book highway since Austen and his dual-penised Nightcrawler.

Hawkeye101 said:
Of course Superman would still be a hero without his powers. If he wasn't that kind of person then he wouldn't be Superman. He's not a hero because of his powers. He's a hero because he feels an obligation to use his gifts to protect the world that accepted him into its arms when he needed help the most. It also doesn't hurt that he was raised by a couple that can only be described as the perfect parents. Superman's the definition of a hero, powers or not.

Latest posts

Back