How would you rate the Ultimate Vision Backstory?

How would you rate the Ultimate Vision Backstory?

Votes: 2 2.9%

Votes: 9 13.2%

Votes: 39 57.4%

Votes: 12 17.6%

Votes: 6 8.8%

• Total voters
Guijllons said:
Gave it two, didn't kill me to read it but I didn't enjoy it either. Art and character design aside I thought it was rather drab and a poor prologue to extinction. Guess I'm just not into this space alien crap, there is enough stuff going on down here to start looking up there for inspiration. Yeah I know that's the point of Galactus, but even so.

Totally agree. We haven't even cracked the surface of the UMU that now we have to create the Ultimate versions of alien races like Kree & Skrull??

Here's my issue with it: I don't care for them on the regular universe, why should I care in the Ultimate Universe? Yes, the Gah Lak Tus idea is different, with him being several instead of a tall guy in a funny head piece & wearing a light blue skirt w/ purple boots....but no more venturing into space, unless we cap them in the final issue of thestory arc like the Anihilus storyline in UFF!!! :twisted:

McEvil said:
Yes, the Gah Lak Tus idea is different, with him being several instead of a tall guy in a funny head piece & wearing a light blue skirt w/ purple boots

Not to get off track, but there's a possibility that was some misleading on Marvel's part. Remember that in Extinction #1 Reed calls those things (the robot bug things like are seen on the cover) Gah Lak Tus's "bullets", not Gah Lak Tus itself.

UltimateE said:
Not to get off track, but there's a possibility that was some misleading on Marvel's part. Remember that in Extinction #1 Reed calls those things (the robot bug things like are seen on the cover) Gah Lak Tus's "bullets", not Gah Lak Tus itself.
:rockon:

Doubt it's gonna be a giant guy in a purple hat though.

TheManWithoutFear said:

Agreed.

I'm about halfway through the backstory (my comics come later) and I'm pretty underwhelmed. I think the fact that it's being split up hurts it a lot, and Millar can do so much more with an entire comic to stretch out in.

TheManWithoutFear said:

I can see the solicitation now:

"Witness Marvel's wildest Ultimization yet! Galactus come down to feast on the Earth, and there's nothing that any of the superheroes can do to stop the giant man and his giant green hat! Oh, the horror! Issue 6 of 9."

Steve GMan said:
I can see the solicitation now:

"Witness Marvel's wildest Ultimization yet! Galactus come down to feast on the Earth, and there's nothing that any of the superheroes can do to stop the giant man and his giant green hat! Oh, the horror! Issue 6 of 9."
I think what people are underestimating is the actual appearance of Ultimate Gah Lak Tus. I'm not talking about the bullets but I think towards the end (obviously) we're going to get thrown the real Ultimate Galactus.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I think what people are underestimating is the actual appearance of Ultimate Gah Lak Tus. I'm not talking about the bullets but I think towards the end (obviously) we're going to get thrown the real Ultimate Galactus.

You're probably right, I don't think Marvel would want to give us all the information about what Ultimate Galactus really is too soon.

Think he will be a person, swarm, robot or something else (a force of "nature"?)?

Gah Lak Tus is the Dark Phoenix.

How about a new sidebar poll?

* Good idea
* Bad idea
* I don't care
* Fish option

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think the gender of a friggin' robot is important enough to downgrade the story on.

No, I gave it a one because of that whole 'exclusive mini-story, never to be printed in a trade' crap that forced me to either buy the damn comics for the first time in over a year, miss out, or break the law by downloading it off a P2P program. I bought 'em; I'm not happy about it.

I thought the backstory was interesting enough.

I've never been much of fan of JRJ's artwork(I only really like when he works on Spider-Man), but nonetheless I was entertainted.

Latest posts

Back