How would you rate Avatar?

• Total voters
That doesn't make it an insanely boring, poorly executed piece of ****. I'm just pointing out the fact that Peter Jackson's Kong was a million times better than Avatar because, on top of being emotionally gripping and having amazing visuals, they actually took the time to flesh out an entire island of fauna to enhance the realism (submaterials even include factors like taxonomy of the creatures).

I think Pandora has been fleshed out as much as Skull Island - both have entire books written about their flora and fauna.

This is the weirdest film discussion I've been involved in for quite some time... also because I've never seen anyone really like Jackson's King Kong that much. It was a good movie but it wasn't anything special. And neither was Avatar. But I don't think it was boring at all.

Last edited:
Tim Curry singing?
[video=youtube;Enr4W6FsSpk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Enr4W6FsSpk[/video]

Tim Curry singing!!!!

That doesn't make it an insanely boring, poorly executed piece of ****. I'm just pointing out the fact that Peter Jackson's Kong was a million times better than Avatar because, on top of being emotionally gripping and having amazing visuals, they actually took the time to flesh out an entire island of fauna to enhance the realism (submaterials even include factors like taxonomy of the creatures).

King Kong bored me to death, at least Avatar kept me amused.

to each our own.

I love the new King Kong, most people I know did, and I certainly found Skull Island a much more interesting and terrifying place than Pandora.

I can't see how Avatar could really be called a piece of **** though, or even that poorly executed. I mean, it didn't do anything for me, but that level of ire just seems like hype-backlash. It what ways was it a legitimately awful film?

Last edited:
Sam Worthington is a terrible, terrible actor. And the voice over at the beginning just does not get me interested in the movie. The whole movie is just cliched and sleep-inducing. It's a great film for it's visuals, but that's all. It should not have been nominated for the category of Best Picture.

[video=youtube;4PLQ1XfaTuU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PLQ1XfaTuU[/video]

Oh you guys! You guys!!! Tim Curry singing!!

Last edited:
Talking about Tim Curry singing, Oh man, did you guys see Ferngully? It's a great movie!

It's about this tribe of fairies that live in a lush tropical jungle filled with exotic plants and wildlife. They live in complete harmony with nature. Their elderly female spiritual leader keeps them in touch with mother nature. The leader of the tribe has a daughter who is destined to become the next spiritual leader.
But the jungle is being destroyed by humans. Using a huge yellow deforester they cut down all the trees for whatever reason (it's never explained what the humans are trying to obtain). One of the people working with the lumberjacks is Zach, our young protagonist. The deforesting is just a job for him. He gets magically shrunk to the size of the fairies by the daughter of the chief (Crysta). He then starts living with the tribe learning their ways of living together with the forest. He hits it off with Crysta, pissing of the arogant tribe boy who was also after her.
Eventually the lumberjacks get to the part of the jungle where the tribe lives. Zach tries to warn to warn the fairies that they can't win the fight. But they won't listen. He explains that he used to be a lumberjack, but he sees the error in his ways now. This however makes him lose the trust of the village and Crysta. He then has to ride a big winged animal to the humans and try to stop them himself. Eventually the fairies man up and come to help him. He even gets saved by his arrogant rival.
In the end the fairies overcome the evil humans by using the magic of the forest.

it's a silly little story. Not terribly original for a movie from 1992. Still, the animation is decent.

I'm sorry, what was this thread about again?

Talking about Tim Curry singing, Oh man, did you guys see Ferngully? It's a great movie!

It's about this tribe of fairies that live in a lush tropical jungle filled with exotic plants and wildlife. They live in complete harmony with nature. Their elderly female spiritual leader keeps them in touch with mother nature. The leader of the tribe has a daughter who is destined to become the next spiritual leader.
But the jungle is being destroyed by humans. Using a huge yellow deforester they cut down all the trees for whatever reason (it's never explained what the humans are trying to obtain). One of the people working with the lumberjacks is Zach, our young protagonist. The deforesting is just a job for him. He gets magically shrunk to the size of the fairies by the daughter of the chief (Crysta). He then starts living with the tribe learning their ways of living together with the forest. He hits it off with Crysta, pissing of the arogant tribe boy who was also after her.
Eventually the lumberjacks get to the part of the jungle where the tribe lives. Zach tries to warn to warn the fairies that they can't win the fight. But they won't listen. He explains that he used to be a lumberjack, but he sees the error in his ways now. This however makes him lose the trust of the village and Crysta. He then has to ride a big winged animal to the humans and try to stop them himself. Eventually the fairies man up and come to help him. He even gets saved by his arrogant rival.
In the end the fairies overcome the evil humans by using the magic of the forest.

it's a silly little story. Not terribly original for a movie from 1992. Still, the animation is decent.

I'm sorry, what was this thread about again?

You forgot the Bat voiced by Robin Williams

Latest posts

Back