Kaffe

I'm a Diet Coke in the morning kind of guy. I keep telling myself i'll pick up the coffee habit, but I never have.

I have recently become addicted to tea but I still have no interest in coffee.

It's strange, because over here, an awful lot of people are sad, wretching tea-whores (including the entirety of my father's side of the family) but very few people drink coffee and those I know who do drink it more or less in moderation. The only people I know who drink coffee frequently throughout the day are actors or journalists.

I like coffee enough that I can't drink instant (which is popular enough over here). I like filter coffee, but I can only really drink two cups of it at a time before it makes me feel ill. And I have to be sure to eat with it as well, or I'll have nasty stomach grumbling (which is weird, because it's supposed to be an appetite suppressant). I love Americanos and once I have the means to make Espressos, that's all I'll drink.

Usually when I'm at a café though, I'll get a Mocha. Sometimes with an extra shot.

On the subject of caffeine and caffeine-addiction or whatever, I would certainly say that I notice the difference between a caffeinated drink and a decaffeinated one, to the point where I prefer the uplifting buzz of the former. There's nothing better than a caffeine high. I usually find though, that when I go through a phase of drinking a lot of caffeinated drinks (as in, more than three a day), that I usually tend to stop drinking them for a little while as well, because I do get irritable and I occasionally get headaches from the crashes.

I will say though that even though I practically lived on Tim Horton's coffee in Canada, it tasted like every single cup I had was decaffeinated (even though I don't think they are), to the point where I wouldn't really miss it if I didn't have any.

Last edited:
It's strange, because over here, an awful lot of people are sad, wretching tea-whores (including the entirety of my father's side of the family) but very few people drink coffee and those I know who do drink it more or less in moderation. The only people I know who drink coffee frequently throughout the day are actors or journalists.

I like coffee enough that I can't drink instant (which is popular enough over here). I like filter coffee, but I can only really drink two cups of it at a time before it makes me feel ill. And I have to be sure to eat with it as well, or I'll have nasty stomach grumbling (which is weird, because it's supposed to be an appetite suppressant). I love Americanos and once I have the means to make Espressos, that's all I'll drink.

Usually when I'm at a café though, I'll get a Mocha. Sometimes with an extra shot.

On the subject of caffeine and caffeine-addiction or whatever, I would certainly say that I notice the difference between a caffeinated drink and a decaffeinated one, to the point where I prefer the uplifting buzz of the former. There's nothing better than a caffeine high. I usually find though, that when I go through a phase of drinking a lot of caffeinated drinks (as in, more than three a day), that I usually tend to stop drinking them for a little while as well, because I do get irritable and I occasionally get headaches from the crashes.

I will say though that even though I practically lived on Tim Horton's coffee in Canada, it tasted like every single cup I had was decaffeinated (even though I don't think they are), to the point where I wouldn't really miss it if I didn't have any.

Yeah, I enjoy the buzz to wake me up. I've gotten the jitters once. But that was from an energy drink and I haven't really had any since then.

One time when I had to get up early, I left an energy drink cooling outside my window and drank it back as soon as my alarm went off. It was awesome.

I've been drinking so much lately, due to my "sleep, work, hospital" schedule, that my pee smelled like coffee. i laid off for a couple days until today. I need some sleep :(

Latest posts

Back