Kill Lex Luthor

sonwander

No one can stand this character anymore. The greatest criminal mastermind on the planet is always defeated by Superman who, many times, counts on luck. With his superior intellect, Luthor should have defeated or overpowered the Kryptonian long ago. Please put an end to this character that no screenwriter or director can take advantage of and always repeat the same stories. Please kill Lex Luthor or Superman. We want originality and not more of the same. What about exploring another characters for a change?

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean, why not ban/kill any recurring villains for any hero? I'm pretty sure many other villains are doing the "same" things over and over (if we generalize).

Killing Superman would be a terrible move from every angle you look at (if you mean permanently). I'm not sure also what would his death solve. It's not like Superman is vastly overshadowing everyone else on the market. Not to mention the Superman family is pretty vast and divergent, you kill Superman, you still have like 10 other Superman like character going around. Should they kill them as well?

If things are to formulaic that is a writer problem not a character problem also. Look at the new Spider-Man run by Wells. It's considered pretty terrible. Some would argue Spider-Man is just flat since Slott's takeover more than a decade ago. Should they remove him as well or his rogue's gallery, because the writing is not on par with expectations?

Latest posts

Back