Kirkman: Now a father!

I wonder if he had a daughter would he name her like Jessica Drew Kirkman.

No way he'd name her Mary Jane or Gwen. That just wouldn't be right. :shock:

At least he didn't name him "Kal-El".

Yeah thats just really, really stupid. Why not just name him Peter, or even Peter Benjamin(Ben Reilly). People like this sicken me, Its okay to give him an average name after a character but Peter Parker? Doesnt anyone care about these kid's future?

In lieu of having anyone actually named Parker, I feel vaguely obliged to point that it is, in fact, a normal name.

I mean, yeah, Kirkman did it to increase his nerd-cred, obviously, but it's nowhere near as bad as Kal-El.

Ice said:
Very cute baby.
You said what? That's one uuuuugly baby.

I mean, all babies are ugly but this one looks...creepy.

Last edited:
Hmm, they were talking about how his son was called "Nolan" last week. :?

And Ice, it's Kirkman. With a "k". :wink:

I must tell everyone at my local comic shop about this. His kid is going to resent him for this. I can't feel it.

My grandfather's name is George Washington. He hates it.

A friend of my is name John F. Kennedy. He couldn't stand high school because of it.

I know a guy who can't stand chemistry because his last name is ion and he could go a month without hearing a joke about it. He's a physics major.

Side question, how do you get a wife to go along with that?

Last edited:
Random said:
Yeah thats just really, really stupid. Why not just name him Peter, or even Peter Benjamin(Ben Reilly). People like this sicken me, Its okay to give him an average name after a character but Peter Parker? Doesnt anyone care about these kid's future?
:sure:

Caduceus said:
You said what? That's one uuuuugly baby.

I mean, all babies are ugly but this one looks...creepy.
No, actually, an alien said it through me.

And not all babies are ugly when they born. :?

Ice said:
And not all babies are ugly when they born. :?

ESPECIALLY when they are born.

My kids were hideous.

ultimatedjf said:
I actually like Kirkman's run. My post above was just in the vein of moony's post where he "angrily" chewed out Crohn's Disease for causing all the Ultimates 2 delays.

:D

:lol: :lol:

Pffft, that's an ok name. He can just go as Peter Kirkman and not tell people his middle name.

Get this: In High School, there was a graphical design teacher that actually was Peter Parker. Can you imagine how bad it must be to not only have that name, but to be a teacher with that name.

Lynx said:
Pffft, that's an ok name. He can just go as Peter Kirkman and not tell people his middle name.

Get this: In High School, there was a graphical design teacher that actually was Peter Parker. Can you imagine how bad it must be to not only have that name, but to be a teacher with that name.
And the thing is, it's a normal name! Yes, a comic book character has the same name, but people act as if it's some weird as hell name or something. Naming your kid "Kal-el", THAT I can see people going all "WHY WOULD HE DO THAT?!?!?!", but for "Peter Parker" to be in a name for a real person? Come on, it's not like there wasn't anyone named that before Stan Lee co-created him.

When I have a kid, it's going to be called Kilowog.

Lynx said:

Somehow kids always seem to figure out your middle name. It's going to be especially difficult for him because his dad is something of a celebrity.

Latest posts

Back