Legion (Discussion and Spoilers)

wyokid

How in the world do we not have a thread for the best comic show? I don't even know where to begin. The writing is top notch, the characters are all so flawed and lovable, the bad guy is scary as f, the visuals are so trippy, and the whole thing is such a great psychological trip. I cannot wait for season two to get into the personalities. Season finale is next week.

It looks like Legion takes place in late 2016. (See very top middle portion of the monitor.)

E5eKWlw.png

Since FOX and Noah Hawley don't know if want to get Patrick Stewart or MacAvoy for Professor X, as if it's even a question since he was born in the 30s and we now know this is present day, makes me think it's officially 99% not in the X-Men Cinematic Universe.

I think FOX may stick with MacAvoy as Xavier for all future films. Even if Patrick Stewart said he could come back, Logan still gave his Xavier portrayal closure. Knowing FOX, they may just completely ignore their new timeline established in DoFP and build off of a Deadpool/Legion/"Gifted"/New Mutants(?) universe. :)

Last edited:
It looks like Legion takes place in late 2016. (See very top middle portion of the monitor.)

E5eKWlw.png

Since FOX and Noah Hawley don't know if want to get Patrick Stewart or MacAvoy for Professor X, as if it's even a question since he was born in the 30s and we now know this is present day, makes me think it's officially 99% not in the X-Men Cinematic Universe.

I think FOX may stick with MacAvoy as Xavier for all future films. Even if Patrick Stewart said he was coming back, Logan still gave his Xavier portrayal closure. Knowing FOX, they may just completely ignore their new timeline established in DoFP and build off of a Deadpool/Legion/"Gifted"/New Mutants(?) universe. :)

Or Fox will just continue making movies and TV shows and not bother much with the continuity.

It was already confirmed that this was a different universe than the films

I think they could easily fit Legion into the MCU. But knowing FOX, they probably would overturn that idea, even if Noah Hawley ever wanted to do it. =/

Back