Live-Action-Superman-On-TV Thread

What's your favourite Live-Action Superman Show?

• Adventures of Superman (1951)

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • The Adventures of Superboy (1988.)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman (1993)

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Smallville (2001)

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters
I guess you never saw the serial then. Things didn't go well for the Mole People.

I saw it (also a molemen one is included in superman collection) but I try to look past the negative. It was was my people's version of the The Holocaust :cry: that and the raciest game Whack-A-Mole

Last edited:
I guess you never saw the serial then. Things didn't go well for the Mole People.

Superman and The Mole Men wasn't a serial. It was just a movie turned into a two-part episode. :wink:

Everyone who voted for Smallville needs to be shot in the kneecaps, then impregnated.

Even the men.

ESPECIALLY the men.

See? Because I don't like Smallville, my kneecaps are safe! Why can't other people realise that as long as they watch Smallville, they are in danger of becoming wheelchair bound?

Last edited by a moderator:
I voted Lois and Clark. Loved it when I was a kid.

Everyone who voted for Smallville needs to be shot in the kneecaps, then impregnated.

Even the men.

ESPECIALLY the men.

I heard the producers are leaving to produce a film for Disney.

A film based on Disneyworld's Jungle Cruise.

Oh Hollywood, when will you learn?

I voted Lois and Clark. Loved it when I was a kid.

Me too. Saturday nights were truly a highlight for me from 1993-1997, especially when they started showing that short-lived RoboCop live-action show directly after L&C. For a 5 year old, it was superhero paradise. I cried like a girl when my parents wouldn't let me watch the super-combo one week as punishment for some typical childhood crime I'd committed. They eventually relented and let me at least tape them. :rockon:

I heard the producers are leaving to produce a film for Disney.

A film based on Disneyworld's Jungle Cruise.

Oh Hollywood, when will you learn?

I bet they spend seven years moping and crying and battling "jungle-men of the week" before they actually make it to the damn jungle.

Last edited:
I wish I could change my vote. Smallville started off great but now it's turned to crap. Lois and Clark I love all of and I think on first post I was too hard on Dean's superman as I think he was ok as Superman not bad all, not great but his clark was great and it helped balance it out. Plus the show was always good.

I wish I could change my vote. Smallville started off great but now it's turned to crap. Lois and Clark I love all of and I think on first post I was too hard on Dean's superman as I think he was ok as Superman not bad all, not great but his clark was great and it helped balance it out. Plus the show was always good.

It got really bad towards the end, but at least it ended before my memories of it weren't completely poisoned. If only I could say the same for Smallville.

It got really bad towards the end, but at least it ended before my memories of it weren't completely poisoned. If only I could say the same for Smallville.

Lois and Clark was still good at the end I just wish it got another season so we could see what happened in cliffhanger

Lois and Clark was still good at the end I just wish it got another season so we could see what happened in cliffhanger

I'm sort of glad we didn't get the resolution to the cliffhanger. I read somewhere that it ended with the baby growing up rapidly and having to eventually leave for New Krypton, leaving Lois & Clark broken-hearted and once again, childless.

The existing ending is fine for me. Lois & Clark get a deus ex machina baby and it makes them really happy. The how and the why didn't and don't really matter to me.

The Adventures Of Superman was the best.

It paved the way for all the other Superman live actions. No matter what anyone says, it was fantastic...until the Orginal Man of Steel George Reeves, died. You can't really have a television show after that...unless Stephen King was writing for it.

I've never seen Adventures of Superboy, heard it was ok. But I really don't want to see it, because they said it was also very meh.

Lois and Clark: The New Adeventures Of Superman was ok. Even though I would of prefered another animated series of Superman over this one, it was ok.

See, the reason I don't want to seee Adeventures of Superboy, is because I have seen Smallville. Even though it portrays young Clark Kent, instead of Superboy, it's pretty much the same idea in my mind. You're taking the adventures of a younger version of Superman and making him do wacky things that normal teenagers like me can relate to. I don't know about you, but I know alot of aliens who crash landed here and were adopted by old farm people, who relised there son had powers, and when they relised that, freaks started to conviently show up once a week for there son to learn his power. Yay.

All in all, Superman pwns.​

Last edited:
The Adventures Of Superman was the best.

Considering the time it was made, it's probably matched in terms of acting, writing and special effects by Smallville. Not to mention AoS declined in its later years, just as Smallville has.

I don't know if I'd call it the 'best' ever, though.

You can't really have a television show after that...unless Stephen King was writing for it.

Okay...I don't really know what to make of that.

I've never seen Adventures of Superboy, heard it was ok. But I really don't want to see it, because they said it was also very meh.

It has a considerably cheesy charm to it.

Lois and Clark: The New Adeventures Of Superman was ok. Even though I would of prefered another animated series of Superman over this one, it was ok.

:roll:

You do know that Superman: The Animated Series was already on for two years when Lois & Clark was canceled, don't you?

See, the reason I don't want to seee Adeventures of Superboy, is because I have seen Smallville. Even though it portrays young Clark Kent, instead of Superboy, it's pretty much the same idea in my mind. You're taking the adventures of a younger version of Superman and making him do wacky things that normal teenagers like me can relate to.

Superboy is nothing like Smallville. It's not about the boy growing into the man at all. Clark Kent in Superboy is still an awkward teen who doesn't really know what to make of himself, but once he becomes Superboy, he's indistinguishable from his adult counterpart.

It's basically Superman in college. It's not even set in Smallville.

I don't know about you, but I know alot of aliens who crash landed here and were adopted by old farm people, who relised there son had powers, and when they relised that, freaks started to conviently show up once a week for there son to learn his power. Yay.

Stop exposing yourself to Gamma Radiation. It's making you see things.

All in all, Superman pwns.

Not the words I would have chosen, but certainly not something I would disagree with.

:rockon:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back