Live Free Or Die Hard (SPOILERS!)

I thought it was a lot of fun, but Random's right, it's way out there man. It's less like Die Hard and more like 24: The Movie.

Still, I liked McClane realizing how crazy everything he did was and laughing about every major stunt.

I'm in a huge action movie mood lately, though, for some reason.

A whole bunch of us saw this last night, and yeah, it was absolutely amazing.

The scene where John starts fighting back against the Asian chick had the whole audience applauding, as did a bunch of other stuff, but mainly that.

Anyway.... not much to say other that that is was awesome, and Justin Long was surprisingly great. Him and Willis made a terrific team.

I can't get over the absolutely boring method of killing the main villian who was in himself a boring, 'meh' character.

I can see what you mean, but it was badass enough to still be a great moment.

I'm a big fan of over-the-top violent action movies. But this was just stupid.

I think Sacred & Profane's analogy said it better than I ever could, so I'll leave it at that.

This was the Die Hard 2 to Die Hard With A Vengeance. Yeah, it wasn't as good as it should of been. It should have been R. There are some moments when it's clear that they fixed something. But there's also all the stuff that makes Die Hard good. Just not quite as good as Die Hard good. Die Hard 2 good though? Definitely. I'd say it's about as awesome as getting kicked in the nuts by Jesus.

This review submitted by Entropy, expert in Die Hardology. Accredited by the "Seen Each Movie In The Trilogy Ten Times Or More" College. Leading member of the John McClane Is My Personal Jesus Church

I thought this was decent. The action scenes were top-notch. This is how the Die Hard films rate on my list, from best to worst:

1. Die Hard (1988) - Nothing beats the original. At least not in this case.
2. Die Hard With a Vengeance (1995) - This was the first one I saw....the first time I saw it was at the end, on the ship. But it's got Samuel L. Jackson.
3. Live Free or Die Hard (2007) - I liked Justin Long and Kevin Smith.
4. Die Hard 2: Die Harder (1990) - This one was boring.

Me and Plain Jane saw this last night. Her choice actually. I wanted to see this too....but opted for Pixar's newest film. McClane won the coin toss.

In all honesty---it was pretty bad ***. And in a believable way too.

They didn't try to make McClane something he's not. They didn't have him coming back as some kind kung-fu expert or whatever. It's John-I Blow **** Up For A Living-McClane. Total bad-assery.

And while some of this would be over-the-top for someone like Stallone or Ah-Nold. Not Willis. The conversation in the car summed up the character perfectly.

He's that guy.

A worthy sequel to an already kick-*** series. I don't want anymore though. Let it be.

Me and Plain Jane saw this last night. Her choice actually. I wanted to see this too....but opted for Pixar's newest film. McClane won the coin toss.

In all honesty---it was pretty bad ***. And in a believable way too.

They didn't try to make McClane something he's not. They didn't have him coming back as some kind kung-fu expert or whatever. It's John-I Blow **** Up For A Living-McClane. Total bad-assery.

And while some of this would be over-the-top for someone like Stallone or Ah-Nold. Not Willis. The conversation in the car summed up the character perfectly.

He's that guy.

A worthy sequel to an already kick-*** series. I don't want anymore though. Let it be.

*Crowd roars with cheers*

This movie rocked i dare say it was the best movie of the summer......ok maybe i should wait till i see transformers but man John Mclain is a ****ing lunatic i mean shooting himself to kill the main baddie? ****ing A man

Though does someone know how they mad thouse coputers expoled at the biggining?

S I saw it last Friday and I was entertained. Any part where he's being shot at in a car seemed pretty unbelievable, buy I loved the bit with the SUV and the Kung Fu Chick. It wasn't Die Hard or With a Vengeance, but it was miles above Die harder.

Advert just came on for it here. Damn we have a crap title for the film.

You guys = Live Free Or Die Hard.

Us in the uk = Die Hard 4.0

Die Hard 4.0 is way better.

I saw it two nights ago and I really enjoyed it, having not seen much of the other films (I've seen the first half of the first film, the second half of the second and none of the third). It seemed to be drawing a lot from stuff like shows like 24 and stuff, with constant shots of computers and people answering phones and stuff, but it worked. And the action was unparalleled. I daresay it's the most action-packed film I've ever seen. Ever. And it all seemed pretty real; there was only a few instances where CGI stuck out and even then it wasn't that bad.

SIDE-NOTE: Bruce Willis was great although with his baldness, he looked annoyingly like Michael Chiklis throughout the film.

Overall, I'd say to give this an 8.5/10. Definitely worth the night out. Don't know if I'll buy it on DVD, but we'll see.

I thought it was an awesomely badass movie.

I don't think I ever see any of the Die Hard movies. It was great.

I loved all the random humor. It was funnier than most comedies now-a-days.

Latest posts

Back