Live Free Or Die Hard (SPOILERS!)

I've just been watching this. Bruce Willis, you are old and ridiculous.

Everyone should. It's pure all-American butt kickin' and explosions.

You know I recently catch a scene or two and I still really can't like it. Mainly because the action is just so over the top compared to previous die hard films. Just way too much of a leap for me to by it. I keep thinking how great and simple the action was and how it was truly bad ass. But once you have McClane face a Jet it just seems silly and contrive. And the villain really sucked. Overall I would enjoy the film if it wasn't John McClane in it, because it's just not what a Die Hard film should be.

Last edited:
You know I recently catch a scene or two and I still really can't like it. Mainly because the action is just so over the top compared to previous die hard films. Just way too much of a leap for me to by it. I keep thinking how great and simple the action was and how it was truly bad ass. But once you have McClane face a Jet it just seems silly and contrive. And the villain really sucked. Overall I would enjoy the film if it wasn't John McClane in it, because it's just not what a Die Hard film should be.

The jet was a little over the top, but still tolderable since he didn't actually take out the jet. The jet took itself out.

But when you figure all the stuff he's done before, most of the stuff isn't that much of a stretch. I mean he did stab a guy in the eye with an ice shard and then blew up a plane by lighting a trail of gas.

The jet was a little over the top, but still tolderable since he didn't actually take out the jet. The jet took itself out.

But when you figure all the stuff he's done before, most of the stuff isn't that much of a stretch. I mean he did stab a guy in the eye with an ice shard and then blew up a plane by lighting a trail of gas.

It's not just the stuff he is amazingly able to do in it the film but the action in general. Like him using the car to take out the helicopter, I'm fine with that, it worked for me cause it seemed plausible, unlikely and mythbuster would probably prove it to be impossible, but for a movie has believability. But when you have a car flying towards our hero only to me saved by two parallel cars that deflect it with amazing precise I can't help but say bull ****. There is just a level to how plausible the reality is that was established with the three prior films.

Take the bridge scene in die hard 3, the idea that they could use a cable to get on to the ship is quite crazy. But the way it was filmed, how realistic they tried to make it feel, the actors showing the signs of injuries and fatigue made it work.

The over the top action just pushed the boundaries way to far for Die Hard.

Also the plot is a bit lame, the whole take over the network was an okay idea had great moments but they took it too far for me to believe and none of the supporting actors were good enough to make it work.

But I don't think it's a bad movie, Justin Long and Bruce Willis were great, effects were done pretty well. It's good film just not a good die hard film. And I'm a big fan of die hard 1 and 3 so to me this film feels almost like a spit in the face of what made those films great (maybe not that extreme but you get my point).

Last edited:
I can only imagine Houde-atary for a Die Hard film.

I still can't watch Fantastic Four with a straight face. Not just because of the Houde-atary.....but because of how mad MWoF was that he kept having to hear Houde-atary the entire film.

I rewatched this on FX the other day. For some reason, I didn't like it as much.... In fact I thought it was ridiculous. The most ridiculous part was the scene where he's in the truck and he jumps on a jet.

Maybe I'm just blinded by good ol' fashioned American bad-ass awesomeness and McClane nostalgia....but other than the jet part, I didn't see too many parts that just scream "OH WHAT THE ****!?!?!? BULL****!!!! NO WAY COULD THAT EVER HAPPEN!"

And Langsta doesn't count. He doesn't like black people. Or Asians. And Bruce Willis is both.

Last edited:
Maybe I'm just blinded by good ol' fashioned American bad-ass awesomeness and McClane nostalgia....but other than the jet part, I didn't see too many parts that just scream "OH WHAT THE ****!?!?!? BULL****!!!! NO WAY COULD THAT EVER HAPPEN!"
I could name quite a few, but don't really feel like it
And Langsta doesn't count. He doesn't like black people. Or Asians. And Bruce Willis is both.

Agreed

Latest posts

Back