Manhunter series discussion (spoilers)

Re: Shipping this week - March 22nd...post your pulls and discuss

thee great one said:
Let me know about Manhunter, Baxter.
Okay. Manhunter seemed a bit off at first. The idea of a Vigelantee Lawyer is hardly anything new (I follow one over at marvel :wink: ) but this is the first Prosecutor I've read. I think they rushed through the first issue a bit, filling in more later.

She gets all of her tech from a guy named Dylan Battles (assumed name, and a great one) who was a freelance inventor for supervillians. He seems to have worked for almost everyone at one time or another, and when they didn't pay up (And how many do?) he lifted gear from them. He primarily serves as comic relief in the series and does his job well. By the end I was reading it more for him than Kate.

Kate is a lawyer and divorce mom. One of the first non-murdering plot thrusts involves her son nearly killing himself with the manhunter staff. Her husband then sues for custody, and instead of the expected long, drawn out court fight subplot she pretty much lets him have it. Later on the two begin to reconcile (more amiable acting untill she screws him) wich leads to a plot point that makes no sense to me. In issue 19, after being beaten around by her biological father, Walt Pratt (the son of the golden age Atom, a real prick to boot with an atomic punch) Kate is taken to the hospital and told she has just miscarried. Now I'd like someone to explain to me why the writer would include that the issue of the OYL jump. Theres not going to be a damn bit of character development from it with the characters probably just not talking about it in the new issues.

Oh, and they outed Obsidion, wich I'm cool with. They did it in a very sweet way and I'm not all that supprised. It wasn't the focus of the issue, there was no teary eyed confession, it was very matter of fact, wich is the way that kind of thing should be handled more often.

Last bit is now Manhunter is a freelance agent of Mr. Bones, the DEO director. I love this idea and can't wait to see it come to pass in newer issues.

Baxter's verdict: Decent series, but the supporting cast seem to make it tick for me much more than the main character. I'll be following along with it for no other reason than it guarantees me a regular Mr. Bones apperance.

thee great one said:
Interesting. But I still have no interest in the title.
Yeah, I think its in the spider-girl position. People know about it but its not about go gain any more readers.

Are you with me that the supproting cast makes the book? I don't really care too much for Kate but Derek, Mr. Bones, Todd and everyone else keep me coming back. well, I guess I don't dislike her too much. He being in BoP kept me from dropping it.

Re: Shipping this week - March 22nd...post your pulls and discuss

Baxter's verdict: Decent series, but the supporting cast seem to make it tick for me much more than the main character. I'll be following along with it for no other reason than it guarantees me a regular Mr. Bones apperance.

This is a hilarious sentence.

Latest posts

Back